Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?

Go down 
+3
Grimscull
mweaver
Lightbox
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Empty
PostSubject: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2014 - 22:18

So i'm going to be running a mordheim campaign soon with some friends and i will be starting running a middenheim warband since i have models for them but since we will be able to run multiple warbands if we wish I've been wanting to do sisters of sigmar but i don't really like their models.

I was wondering if the warhammer dark elf witch elves could possibly be used? Fluff wise i can make them a splinter group from the convent who have gone insane and fanatical etc but I was considering using the witch elf models and making some scratch built hammers to replace their daggers etc and also greenstuffing over their stomachs to make them look a bit more armoured haha i was just wanting to know if people reckon this approach will work well? or if i might be better off looking at some other possibilities.

Good thing about the witch elf box is they come with some whips as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2014 - 22:54

Sounds like a lot of conversion work, but should be doable. You might look at the plastic DE corsairs box. I have made some female DEs using corsair bits and female heads from the 40K Wyches.

I always kinda liked the Sister of Sigmar models, myself.
Back to top Go down
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2014 - 23:48

I could use the corsairs i guess but i dont want  to have to separately buy witch heads since i'm a poor ass uni student :/ though i do have corsair bits spare that i can use but yeah it could be a fair bit of conversion work but i enjoy converting a lot so i guess that would go well?

The models are alright but i just dont feel like going for the whole nun look with them Neutral

But anyway thanks for the corsair suggestion i'll definitely keep that in mind Smile and good to know someone else thinks its doable and im not just being insane haha XD

EDIT: Just found these which could be quite nice http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/the-protectorate-of-menoth/units/daughters-of-the-flame they've got the nun look but look pretty cool and not out of place in battle haha not sure how easy they'd be to convert though and seem a bit pricy for 6 models
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 3:18

Reaper used to have some "battle nuns" as well. Some were quite nice Werner Klocke sculpts. They look pretty nunish as well, of course.

elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? 06062_G
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 3:19

There are some others as well. Mind you, I think most (like these ones) have weapons the Sisters cannot use, but you did mention you like conversions!
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 9:04

I'd really like to see a SoS-warband made out of dark elves. Once they are a little advanced and have more equipment, you could also use Dark Eldar or even Sororitas (if you are willing to invest).
Just for the record: there are also battle nuns made by Mantic (but they are ugly...).
Edit: AND you could use the fantastic range from Bruegelburg, the have some fighting ladies that are not so nun-ish.
Back to top Go down
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 11:26

Thanks for the ideas and tips guys, the reaper ones aren't bad since they look fairly armoured from here so look like they suit the lots of people running round beating each other up look although i'm not sure how easy metal or resin (cant tell from those pics) would be to convert haha and if i remember they were a bit expensive like £3 per model or smth?

I'll definitely look into the Bruegelburg ones but i'll keep all these ideas in mind, course if i can afford it i might go for a mix of models to have my heroines stand out more from the henchwomen.

Also on a sidenote if i could ever find any affordable sororitas i'd have so many... i want to start a SoB 40k army but alas expensive models puts that on hold.

But yeah i don't mind doing bits of converting and such
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 11:34

The Reaper minis are metal. Except for a few from the "Bones" series (which are rather soft plastic), all 28mm Reaper minis are metal, to my knowledge.
About prices: I really like ebay and the market at my german forum for that. You might have to be patient and hunt for month, but if you then finally get the minis you want at a reasonable price, it makes the victory so much sweeter.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 11:40

Haha fair enough ebay is great for model hunting since i could get the witch elves like 10 quid cheaper. All i know is this would be much easier if GW had more female plastic kits XD the shame with things like glade guard and wytches is that they only have like 5 or 6 female models in them

I'll have another look into the reaper models and some other stuff to see if i can find multiple models that'll work nicely together. Course if ebay has some good deals i am tempted to try the wytch heads and dark elf corsair idea though perhaps a mix of those and witch elves could work nicely? although be a bit on the costly side for all that converting haha
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 11:48

Back to top Go down
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 11:54

Ooh those are some really nice models, definitely adding those to my list of possibilities

Just saw they seem to be 25mm heroic so not sure how well they'd fit size wise amongst the other stuff we have but then again we're currently using a mix of warhammer and lotr models haha

Also does anyone know how many of the glade guard are female? as they're also a potential option if i wanted a more rogue-like look
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 12:28

I have some Reaper minis with my GW ones and they work fine for me. Should even be less of a problem if you are already fine with mixing LotR and GW because the LotR-minis are certainly smaller than the Reaper ones. According to this side there are five differend glade guard torsi, two of which are female.
http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/wood-elves-wood-elf-glade-guard-c-114_239_242.html
So out of the box of 16 you might get 6 female torsi though I'm not sure.
For 35$ you certainly get more females from the Bones-series  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 12:33

Yeah agreed haha i'll definitely look into the bone series, any idea how easy they'd be to weapon swap and convert in other ways? I assume i'd be looking at lots of superglue and careful cutting?
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 13:33

Reaper is a little inconsistent in size, but most of the female models I have from them would work well with GW models, size wise.  The figure I use for my paladin though does loom over most GW figs (and other Reaper figures).

The new Shadow Warriors/Sisters of Avalorn set from GW is very nice, although like anything from GW, not cheap.  You can make 10 figures from it, either Shadow Warriors (male) or Sisters of Avalorn (female).  With the glade guard, I would estimate between 1/4 to 1/3 are female torsos.  In that set the heads (mostly hooded) are fairly androgynous.  The Sisters of Avalorn set female heads are more clearly female, although they tend to be same-ish.  Since anyone who buys that box and makes Shadow Warriors is going to have 10 female heads to spare, you might be able to pick up the spare heads on eBay for a reasonable price.  

The kit as Shadow Warriors:
elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? 99120210023_ShadowWarriors01

The kit as Sisters of Avalorn:
elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? 99120210023_SistersAvelorn01

I have been making a Shadow Elf warband out of this set, mixing in a few bits from other sets - for example, three of the band are spearmen using spears from the Dark Elf warriors set.

I completely agree that it would be nice if GW would make more multi-part kits for female figures.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 14:28

The shadow warriors with female heads are a really nice idea for SoS. The raised arms with sthe swords are already in the right pose for slings I guess.
The Bones-minis should easily be converted, though cutting should be the simpler part. Gluing things back on might be a little harder, because the plastic is rather soft. Don't have enough experience with these but would give it a try!
Back to top Go down
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014 - 14:34

Oh man i love those sister of avalorn models, i might look into those instead of witch elves actually since they already have armour and stuff and grimscull said the heads would probably work well for SoS. Definitely will look into those, though hand making whips might be tricky but i could always look on ebay for spare sisters of slaughter whips. Thanks for all the ideas guys and if you think of any more feel free to shoot them my way Wink
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2014 - 9:06

I have been tinkering with a Sisters warband, for the base I use the the Dark Eldar Scourges and Wyches with heads from Bretonnians, Flagellants and Free Company. A bit different perhaps but I'm not a fan of the stereotypical pretty adventurers, male or female.

The picture is a bit old so the green stuff isn't on display here. A lot of religious bits and pieces have been added from the Flagellant kit and different Grey Knight kits.

elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? MiM247_zps2f51a4a8

If you can find Blood on the Reik (I hear a peddler named Google can be of assistance) there are some good pictures of the Sisters.
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Josiah_Blessed
Youngblood
Youngblood
Josiah_Blessed

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2014 - 19:50

Before I found old kits online I was going to use Warmachine Daughters if the Flame I believe they are called. They are from the Protectorate army for that game and are armored ladies with 2 swords which could be changed to hammers and whips.

Edit: just saw the link above and prior comment. Doh!
Back to top Go down
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2014 - 17:23

I've decided to go with the shadow warriors/sisters of avelorn kit for my sisters Smile will make a separate thread for WIP shots as i make them Razz also any loadout recommendations? model wise i plan to do them with what i will plan for them to have most of the campaign not necessarily just what they might start with (due to costs) Also any recommendations for what to take to start the warband will be nice.

If it helps the warbands that my friends seem to be going for at the moment are: Skaven, reikland mercenaries and bretonnians.
Back to top Go down
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord
NoisyAssassin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: Bronze Tom Bronze Tom

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2014 - 4:18

Everyone gets a sling and a whip, all the heroes get Sig hammers, henchwomen can either go hammers or Sig hammers, mostly personal preference over quantity of models or quality. Sisters are a pretty unique warband in that there isn't much of any need for variation. Their special weapons are what make them tick, might as well take advantage of them
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2014 - 16:36

I've never played with or against SoS, so I cannot help you there, but I wish you good luck with your conversions!
Back to top Go down
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2014 - 18:57

Thanks for the help noisy Very Happy

And thanks for the luck grimscull Wink theyve gone well so far i'll try and get some pics up tonight if i can
Back to top Go down
Baba2far
Youngblood
Youngblood
Baba2far

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2014 - 19:15

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?   elves - Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sisters of sigmar made from witch elves?
Page 1 of 1