Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts

Go down 
+8
Ork
skaven123
Morghot
NoisyAssassin
floedebolle
Von Kurst
DeafNala
affun
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
affun
Hero
Hero
affun

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Empty
PostSubject: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jun 2014 - 21:00

It's about time I made a post to say hello, and what better way to do that than with pics of some miniatures. So here I present to you, for our upcomming (this thuesday) Mordheim Campaign, all the way from Denmark, Old Hag Ina and Her Cult:

hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts AuCR50k
hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts MPLZW5F
hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts 2EmQ6DX

Ina herself was once beautiful, but finding her beauty fading as she aged, turned to slaanesh worship. Such was the gods cruel attention that, rather than attaining the youthfulnes that she yearned for, she found her visage withering faster than naturally, so that, by an only modest age, she allready looks like a withered old crone.
She now leads a cult, hoping to find some way of regaining her beauty trough heretical magic and forbidden rituals. Around her flock both the vain and the criplingly mutated, all hoping to share in the secret, should it be found. The Dark Prince is fickle though, and his worshippers might as well be blessed with hideous deformations for their efforts.

That is, this is the gang, minus the Gor who is still undergoing greenstuff treatment.
Using the rules for the cult of the Possessed I am making a slaanesh worshipping cult, centered around the hag, Ina.

In this thread, I hope to post some more pictures as the gang develops, as well as a battle report or two in time.

~affun

Last edited by affun on Thu 17 Jul 2014 - 18:50; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://artblorp.tumblr.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jun 2014 - 23:10

EXCELLENT! I had seen AND admired these WONDERFULLY strange Guys on L.A.F.. Watching their Gang of Unpleasantness develop will be a real treat.   thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 19:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2014 - 1:27

Great introduction! Welcome to the forum. I really like the choices of models and the fluff to go with them  thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2014 - 18:57

Great, velkommen til! Nice minis to start with, looking forward to see mrs. Hag here painted up to the standard of the possessed, thumbs up!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
affun
Hero
Hero
affun

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2014 - 19:06

Thanks for the kind words y'all Smile

I am going to have to disapoint with regards to miss Hag for this time (though she will be hitting the painting table soon, hopefully), as today has been entirely spent painting this:

hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts CWiPfvM

I am pretty happy with how it turned out. (Note, though, that I didn't do the building, but only the detailing and painting).

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2014 - 20:32

Both the modeling & the brushwork are EXCELLENT...lots of sniping possibilities here. GREAT WORK!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
affun
Hero
Hero
affun

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2014 - 21:01

DeafNala wrote:
Both the modeling & the brushwork are EXCELLENT...lots of sniping possibilities here. GREAT WORK!  thumbsup

We joke that the building is capable of housing excactly a single Reiklander Warband Razz
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2014 - 20:28

Nice terrain piece, could you also post a pic of the other side?

Back to top Go down
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord
NoisyAssassin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: Bronze Tom Bronze Tom

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2014 - 21:47

7 story building?! 0.o

Very nicely painted though
Back to top Go down
Morghot
Captain
Captain
Morghot

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jul 2014 - 1:00

Argh they are very ugly, but is a compliment in this case! hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts 387809 
Im looking forward to see other cult guys!
Back to top Go down
skaven123
Warrior
Warrior
skaven123

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jul 2014 - 23:12

NoisyAssassin wrote:
7 story building?!  0.o

Very nicely painted though

That was my insane idea Laughing build that (and other buildings) about 3 years ago! Finally someone who has the mad skills to paint it cheers 

The original post of the building part of the buildings can be seen here.

The possessed looks great Affun and they look even better painted Razz
Back to top Go down
affun
Hero
Hero
affun

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2014 - 19:42

Now, this is actually a painting log, about my gang, and I do promise there will be some of that very soon, but the only thing I have to show off today, is this terrain we've been painting:

Heres a host of pics:

hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts GtydSZD
hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Szp3reQ
hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts KDasYWv
hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts UAXpaQU
hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts So8k9pl
hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts 4gpAGki

As requested, an interior shot of the skyscraper:
hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts WxeTKpi

Skullz:
hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts MNpbhbi

Can't wait to get some games in on it! The ruins look exceptionally fit for splattering Reiklanders in. Razz

Last edited by affun on Sun 6 Jul 2014 - 21:57; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ork
Hero
Hero
Ork

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2014 - 21:11

Playing some rich Reiklanders myself at the moment, sticking a a Marksman Hero with a Hunting Rifle at the top of that skyscraper would be wonderful.  hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts 387809 
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2014 - 21:34

WOW, now we are talking! Great pics of a fantastisk collection of terrain pieces, thanks for those. And if you keep them coming we´ll forget about the time it takes you to show some warband pics!Wink

Back to top Go down
skaven123
Warrior
Warrior
skaven123

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2014 - 21:46

affun wrote:

Can't wait to get some games in on it! There ruins look exceptionally fit for splattering Reiklanders in. Razz

Haha, fat chance..  lol! 
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2014 - 21:58

The buildings are WONDERFULLY DONE ruins with a very Mordheim feel to them. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup 
I went the other ways around with my main thread...I have a terrain article with some miniatures featured.
Back to top Go down
affun
Hero
Hero
affun

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2014 - 22:37

DeafNala wrote:
The buildings are WONDERFULLY DONE ruins with a very Mordheim feel to them. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup 
I went the other ways around with my main thread...I have a terrain article with some miniatures featured.

Its funny how it goes. It seems that as soon as I settle into a project of any kind, my brain goes wandering off in the excact opposite direction. My head is full of ideas right now, all which are decidedly not-cult of the possessed.  Rolling Eyes 

Credit has to be given to skaven123 for building these excellent ruins. And also for the painting of the large yellow-with-red-roof barn. Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
affun
Hero
Hero
affun

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2014 - 23:04

Actually, just to keep up the pretense of this being a painting log, I'll leave this Work-in-progress shot of my next possessed:
hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts BHJLcvU

The first one has been doing so well, that I think another one is in order.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2014 - 23:42

VERY COOL! The spikes going up his back give him a fishy appearance...that somehow fits perfectly with Mordheim. GREAT STUFF!   thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
affun
Hero
Hero
affun

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jul 2014 - 21:20

So I finally got to a point where I think I am about ready to show off my gang (Of course, this is not the actual whole lot, since as soon as I had them somewhat done, I went on and won a couple of games, so I am actually a couple of mooks behind).

Now, since its nighttime I haven't really been able to get proper detail shots, so you will have to do with this groupshot for now.

hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts 0HPeyNz

There's a couple of things not 100% finished, but overall, they are quite playable now. Smile

Better pics tomorrow-ish
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jul 2014 - 22:11

The Chaotic Crew looks TERRIFIC...Group Portraits in a natural setting are The Best. When you get to it, some closeups would be GREAT!   thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 1:22

The painting really makes those buildings look exceptional.  thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
affun
Hero
Hero
affun

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 11:30

While these are not excactly "good", they are somewhat the best of the bunch I took:

hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts 2X7OC62
The Witch Ina - Leader of her gang of misfits and mutants. Ina once were a beautiful young woman, daughter of a wealthy Imperial noble. All the way troughout her teens and early twenties, she was radiant. Soon, however, the first signs of age started showing, and while it did not diminish her beauty in any significant way, Ina was shocked. She turned to the occult, nurturing the dark seed that had ever been pressent in her. Thus she came to worship the Dark Prince, beseeching him for the gift of renewed youth. Chaos is fickle, though, and inbstead of youthful vigour, Ina was cursed to age rapidly, so that what had merely been a few wrinkles turned into the visage of an old and withered crone.
Now, damned and bitter, Ina leads her cult, ever searching for a way to reverse her curse.

Since Ive allready shown off the first possessed and mutant, heres the last members (minus the last mutant, as he isn't finished yet)
hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts QUxwTuT
The Hornless One - A Beastman who lost his horns, and thus have come to the company of Ina, where the outcast and ugly flock.

hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts 8aeeUNr
Both the ugly and the vain follow the witch.

In all actuality, this is a kind of horrible miniature. It just has this really nice Kitschy aura - I really couldn't resist the skullbra, even though it is indeed quite silly. I think it somehow fits in with the lot.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 13:39

The minis & their background fluff are BEAUTIFULLY colorful...TERRIFIC brushwork, color & mini selections. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup 
The skull brassiere could mean she's a Madonna Fan.   clown
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 17:56

Ahh, lovely to behold, finally the nasty hag and her filthy coven show themselves, great choice of colour to me, like the hag best, thumbs up senor!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts   hunters - Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helbrecht's Hunters - And slums-huts
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next