Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
teninchman
Warrior
Warrior
teninchman

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

orcs - Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports   orcs - Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014 - 20:30

Hi there,

A group of friends and I recently got (back) into miniature wargaming with the Coreheim variant of Mordheim. We successfully roped in a couple of my co-workers into joining the campaign, so our campaign is 5 players strong.

Our warbands consist of:

• Undead
  • Skaven
  • Witch Hunters
  • Wood Elves
  • Cult of the Possessed (I started, but have discontinued)
  • Orcs and Goblins (I am now playing)

We tend to do large multiplayer games since we have limited tabletops and scenery (both at my house). Since not everyone can make it to all of the game nights, I have taken to writing battle reports summarizing the the battle results. I have tried to write the battle reports in a style specific to the winning warband. After all, history is written by the victors no? Anyway, I hope you enjoy the read(s).  I plan on updating this after each battle.

Comments, criticism and questions are all welcome.

Regards,
TenInchMan

Last edited by teninchman on Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 1:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelled Ontario wrong... :()
Back to top Go down
teninchman
Warrior
Warrior
teninchman

Personal Info

PostSubject: Battle Report 1 - Witch Hunters   orcs - Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014 - 20:31

We approached the ruined cathedral from the west. At that distance, the cathedral rose from the landscape as in stark defiance of the evil that had overrun this once great city. A fallen monument to the God who had forsaken the Empire and left this city to the whims of its now twisted denizens.

From the corner of my eye, I notice movement in the shadows. It's motions are clumsy and slow - much too slow for one of those vile ratmen, and far too clumsy for mercenaries from the Reik or Marienburg. The creature shambles forth from dark to reveal decaying flesh and exposed bone - a zombie! Where zombies roam, a necromancer cannot be far! Blasted dark magic users! You will burn!

As the horde of zombies, ghouls, dregs and thralls emerge from the cluster of buildings to our left, a flash of black streaks from behind the pack towards the ruined cathedral. Vampire! My witch hunters get into formation, with Pierre and Ryan heading for the upper levels of the ruins for better vantage points. The zealots stand firm, and ready their short bows. I draw my pistols.

On the opposite side of the cathedral, the sound of battle rings out. Ryan spies the latecomers to the fray and calls out that the ratmen who infest Mordheim are battling with a Daemon host and his followers. The bounty in this cathedral must be indeed great to draw such a crowd!

As the zombies approach, Pierre and Ryan let loose a volley of bolts and mow down 2 undead. The black streak bursts from the cathedral as the Vampire hurries to join the fray. In a hail of gunfire, another walking dead stops walking. The streak slows, and the Vampire's form materializes as he barks orders. To my surprise, the horde immediately turns and flees! What trickery is this? Unless... What could that Vampire have escaped with?

We turn our attentions on the ratmen who have pushed the Daemon forces to withdraw from this conflict. They use their speed to their advantage and take positions inside the cathedral. But our superior firepower proves too much for the vermin as we whittle the rat pack down. Despite heavy losses, they uncharacteristically refuse to break. No matter! We will purify this once holy temple with their blood!

When the smoke clears, but one lowly ratman stands, surrounded. Before we can finish the extermination, it slinks into the shadows, licking its wounds. We are all that remain. A small victory, but victorious, nonetheless. We collect our spoils and set up camp. I take the first watch. It gives me a chance to document our exploits. I will have to report our findings to the Order when we get back. If we get back...

P.S. - We had not encountered any of  these undead prior to this encounter; however, I relish our next meeting. And there will be one as I cannot cleanse this city without meeting the filth head on.

dated this 21st day of February, 2014
Michel Grenier
Witch Hunter Captain
Templar of Sigmar

Last edited by teninchman on Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 20:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
teninchman
Warrior
Warrior
teninchman

Personal Info

PostSubject: Battle Report 2 - Cult of the Possessed   orcs - Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014 - 20:34

Lady of the Lake,
I bring you a gift of wyrdstone in exchange for your guidance.
What troubles you, my child?

I followed your visions; we have taken the cathedral, but still I have not found the grail. How could you not foresee this? Months of effort infiltrating the convent only to first be beaten to the prize by the Templars of Sigmar! And then, once we have the church, the grail is not there?!
Have patience Sir Mariusz. Did you not take delight in luring that initiate from that false god and showing her the truth? And did you not revel in the destruction of those unholy Sisters when their fortress fell?

I did, yet my quest is incomplete. The visions you granted me foretold of my finding the grail. You told me that the grail was inside that convent  Ha! Convent; more like a fortress!  But having used those mindless undead to weaken the fortification of the Witch Hunters, and leading my forces to claim the convent in your name, the grail was not to be found!
Be at ease, my child. The grail remains within your reach. But first, you must prove yourself.

What? I thought your visions have proven that I am worthy?!
Did you now? Let us speak of your worth. The Skaven - barely worth the lifeblood pulsing through their veins. The only thing less impressive than that race is the fact that you had allowed them to keep you from seeing your plan to fruition in the first place. If you want to prove yourself worthy of drinking from my cup, you cannot allow yourself to be bested by simple vermin. And your alliance with that Vampire and his twisted horde?! Do you really think that such strategy is befitting my herald? Or me?

I thought that my plan to play the role of the obedient servant would please you? To keep my distance until the time was right and then strike at the undead heart...keeping the Skaven at bay as I watched the Vampire speed into the church and wreak havoc among the Witch Hunter's troops?
Your plan was indeed cunning.

I must admit, I took some delight in observing the panic ... and bloodshed.  Is this wrong?
You did what was needed; what I had asked.

The pleasure I felt as I struck down that flagellant when he greeted us at the front door; The satisfaction when the other warbands fled the battlefield; The surprised look on the Vampire's face when I struck at their flank. Was this all wrong?
If done in my name, my child, you may do no wrong.

This does not feel right. What am I doing?!
You are doing my bidding. Just listen to my voice and you will earn your prize. Bring me more wyrdstone, and I will guide you; I will not lead you astray...
Back to top Go down
teninchman
Warrior
Warrior
teninchman

Personal Info

PostSubject: Battle Report 3 - Cult of the Possessed   orcs - Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014 - 20:37

Lady of the Lake,
I have expelled the new evil in Mordheim. What lays yet before me?
Have you brought the gift I requested?

Yes my Lady. Here is the wyrdstone.
Thank you, Sir Mariusz. So tell me about the new evil.

They did not look evil. They were young men from the empire, likely in search of fortune much like many others who have taken pilgrimages to the damned City.
Looks can be deceiving my child. Their exterior hid the evil that simmered below the surface. Had you not dispatched those men, you would not have ended up needing my guidance to show you their worth.

I was not alone in addressing this new threat...
Oh?

The Vampire's horde was there again. So too were the Skaven and Witch Hunters. I encountered Wood Elves as well as what appeared to be fellow Bretonnians. I approached the camp and noticed the Witch Hunters to our left, and the Undead to our right. Seeing the size of the Vampire's retinue, I decided that my best tactic would be to meet the Witch Hunters head on.
A wise tactic as always Sir Mariusz.

As we entered the camp, we were ambushed by a Youngblood hero and a henchman. We dispatched them quickly. What were they thinking? Sending 2 against my force of 14. Turning our attention back to the Witch Hunters, we charged into their flank as they were preoccupied with Youngbloods of their own. We took care of those Witch Hunters quickly before setting our sights on the false Bretonnians... I thought that I was your envoy here in Mordheim?  What were the other knights doing there?
Interesting. Those knights must have been led astray by false visions

Well, they obviously did not have your favour as they quickly left this battle upon seeing the interest this new warband had garnered from others. I then spotted Wood Elves.
Would they have been there were this new warband not evil?

I suppose not. Then, I guess it was fortuitous that we did not shed blood on the battlefield this evening, and the Wood Elves fled upon seeing my forces approach. On the other side of the camp, I heard the clashing of steel and the unmistakeable sounds of squeaking and groaning. The Skaven and Undead must have been at odds. When I entered the center of the camp, the Vampire and I stood face to face...
Better to let them weaken each other to make your cleansing of Mordheim less taxing on your men. How did you end up walking away.

Well... I made an agreement with the Vampire...
What?! Another alliance with that Vampire and his unworthy horde?!

Not an alliance, an agreement! My quest is not yet done! I need to keep my warriors alive if I am to find the grail! It was the best strategy...

My Lady? Lady?...
Back to top Go down
teninchman
Warrior
Warrior
teninchman

Personal Info

PostSubject: Battle Report 4 - Orcs & Goblins   orcs - Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014 - 20:43

Bartenda!  Anuva' round for m'boyz! Dey be a gud bunch o' gitz! Der tuf az nailz an' 'bout az smart az dem too.  Ar Ar Ar!

Right, so back to m'story...

So Bubba climbz dis big ol' towah. I dunno wut it wuz - a clock towah or wuteva. I am surprized 'e even made it up dat ladduh! Ar Ar Ar! 'e iz az clumzy az 'e iz deadly wiv dat crossbow. Where wuz I?  Oh ya, so Bubba layz down sum covah fire az we move in on da batz. Batz! 'a! Who'd'a tunk dat sumbody wud put a bounty on sum louzy batz, but dey did! An' you know wut? We wuzn't da only gitz out der lookin' for dem batz! Sum sneaky ratgitz an' a bloodsucka' an' 'is boyz were der too!

Oi! Dawg! Leland! Ya betta quit yer squabblin' or I'ma join in!

So Bubba's boltin' away while we 'ead ova to da batz when doz sneaky rat bastudz start slingin' arrers our way! Kad callz on Mork to save uz an' we trow a coupl'a gobboz out front to uze az meat shieldz. Dey do der jobz - an' gud! One even survived! Ar Ar Ar! We shootz sum arrers back at 'em, but da boyz must'a 'ad sumfink ta drink before da fight cuz dey couldn't 'it nuffin'! Da rats keep shootin' an' den dey take out - wut's 'is name again? Not dat it matterz, but I fink 'e don't 'ave a name. Ar Ar Ar! Dat's wut I'ma call  'im from now on - Orc Wiv No Name. Anyway, we fall behind cuvah as da batz cum our way! Mork or Gork must'a been lookin' down on uz!

Dikkz'Un! Shut yer face or I iz gunna shut it fer ya!

Anywayz, we take two uv 'em out. I grab one an stuff it in m'pantz az we make our way to da bloodsucka'. It turnz out, 'e's too busy fightin' ratz on one side ta notice uz comin' up behind. We start shootin' inta der arses, when alluva sudden, dis 'ole openz up in da ground an' swallowz up Leland! Mork must'a been mad. So, it getz all quiet where da ratz were - dat vampire must'a dined on sum rat blud! But, you know wut dat tellz me, we gotta 'urry. Dawg shootz an arrer at one uv 'em undead 'idin' out in a buildin', an' she fallz out - Splat! Ar Ar Ar! It wuz funny. Den Kad akses Gork ta do sumfink 'bout da zombeez. Y'know wut - 'e did sumfink alright; 'e squashed dat zombee dead!

Wiv dat zombee dead, da bloodsuckin' git turned tail an' ran! Too bad dey squashed all uv 'em batz when dey ran ova dem. Uverwize, it would'a been drinkz an' eatz tonight!

Well, drink up boyz, we be at it again tomorrow!'

Last edited by teninchman on Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 20:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : post title)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports   orcs - Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports Icon_minitimeTue 1 Apr 2014 - 0:21

Despite the lack of photos, the Battle Reports were EXCELLENT narratives...a little slow going with the Orcish. Keep up the FINE WORK!   thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports   orcs - Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports Icon_minitimeTue 1 Apr 2014 - 2:21

Yes! Excellent narratives that paint a great picture though I would love to see some photos of your games. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports   orcs - Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coreheim Campaign Battle Reports
Page 1 of 1