Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Empty
PostSubject: Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....   dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Icon_minitimeSat 8 Feb 2014 - 19:51

Well... simple question...

If a troll slayer is frenzy and have the ferocious charge skill...

Would you triple or quadruple the attacks???  (personnaly I'd triple as the two effects apply at the same time so doubling twice the base attack stat).

Or maybe you woudn't allow them to be combined?

Also, side question, as its not mentionned like with frenzy, would you also double the bonus attack with an extra weapon with the ferocious charge skill
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....   dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Icon_minitimeSat 8 Feb 2014 - 20:13

What about "immune to psychology"? Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....   dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Icon_minitimeSat 8 Feb 2014 - 20:23

I was particulary thinking about Mad cap mushrooms... Is it ''psychology'' as its caused by a drug.

By the fluff, Troll slayers are often drug addicts and I can easily see them take shrooms...

But I guess you're right.
Back to top Go down
davinewrath
Champion
Champion
davinewrath

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....   dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Icon_minitimeSat 8 Feb 2014 - 22:42

What if the slayer became frenzied due to an injury?

Whatever way, I wouldn't double the extra attack for a second weapon. I'd also say that you only benefit from one 'double your attacks' effect, so frenzy would be slightly better as it removes the -1 to hit penalty.

I think that the 'immune to psychology' rule was intended to function as not being affected by fear and all alone. Mind altering drugs could make a slayer even more reckless than usual, but really it's something you should clear with your group. Likewise, I don't think slayers are exempt from hating Orcs & Goblins (or at least, that doesn't make sense if they are...)
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....   dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Icon_minitimeSat 8 Feb 2014 - 23:58

I wouldn't double the bonus attack from the extra weapon. The off-hand attack is not usually doubled so I would apply that same principle here.

@davinewrath... I think quite a few groups do house rule to restrict 'immune to psychology' to fear and all alone. If this is done then stupidity should also be allowed in addition to frenzy and hatred.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....   dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb 2014 - 1:58

Makes sense to me and I think my house rules documents will need a new entry... I can see a vampire being ''stupidified'', ''frenzied'' or ''hateful'' however, the same is not true for a skeleton (stupid yes, frenzied maybe, but hateful no). In fact, the real problem is the ''immune to psychology'' rule itself as its too ''large'' while something more specific should have been done.

I do agree about not doubling the extra attack from a second weapon but I think I'd stick to triple attacks when coupling both frenzy and ferocious charge... hmm... I have to test how powerful this will be...
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....   dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb 2014 - 11:34

Immune to psychology is indeed a problem. Fellow player's vampire just got stupidty and I expect argument in the future: "he's immune to psychology so no, he can't be stuid BUT is subject to frenzy due to objective (Scourge of the Realm)".
I think it's (frenzy+furious charge) a gap in the rules (standard) that shouldn't be exploited. Besides there's nothing about combining modifiers such as these.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....   dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb 2014 - 23:12

Triple - if you have the relevant house rule as other suggests. We play with that and find it quite satisfying!

And to the bonus question: No, offhands are not doubled in my book Razz
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....   dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Icon_minitimeMon 10 Feb 2014 - 0:04

Here is the new entry to our house rules document:

If the model is a living model (ex: troll slayer, flagellant...), he is immune to fear and all alone only.

If the model is a demon or a sentient undead (ex: vampire, wight, grave guard, bloodletter...), he is immune to fear and all alone only. However, drugs that gives other psychological effects are still inefficients.

If the model is a non-sentient undead he is immune to all psychology except stupidity.

** - Spells and similar effects should be used on case by case basis and be agreed before starting any game to avoid confusion or arguments.

Ex: A spell that motivate your troops by giving them hate should not be effective on any non-sentient undead.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....   dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Icon_minitimeMon 10 Feb 2014 - 1:51

Makes sense.

Goglutin wrote:
If the model is a non-sentient undead he is immune to all psychology except stupidity.
I would allow both frenzy and stupidity. The reason for this is for fan-made (e.g. Restless Dead from BTB) which have undead heroes. A roll of 24 (Madness) on the Serious Injury Table should allow for both stupidity and frenzy otherwise it is a nerf on those warbands. I agree that you could leave out hatred.

Quote :
24 MADNESS
Roll a D6. On a 1-3 the warrior suffers from stupidity; on 4-6 the warrior suffers from frenzy from now on (see the Psychology section for details).
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....   dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Icon_minitimeMon 10 Feb 2014 - 17:30

As sentient undeads, grave guards are allowed to hate and frenzy the way I wrote the entry.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....   dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Icon_minitimeMon 10 Feb 2014 - 23:17

Good point. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....   dwarf - Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dwarf skill ferocious charge + frenzy....
Page 1 of 1