Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Spider Spittle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Spider Spittle Empty
PostSubject: Spider Spittle   Spider Spittle Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 3:35

This is the description:

"Any warrior hit by a weapon laced with Spider Spittle must pass an immediate Toughness test or becomes paralyzed. Paralyzed warrior cannot move or fight and are hit automatically in close combat. The models remains paralyzed until it passes a Toughness test in its recovery phase."

Does this mean that a test must be taken for each hit scored? Or a single time pr. weapon or pr. close combat phase?
Back to top Go down
The Ultra-Mega Bob
Veteran
Veteran
The Ultra-Mega Bob

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Spider Spittle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider Spittle   Spider Spittle Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 12:00

I'd say once per phase. We had the same issue with Fear (nothing says once per charger or once per movement phase) but we thought it would be too crippling to make someone take 4 or 5 tests in one turn, so decided it was better off being one test per phase, whether the rules support it or not; which they do, to the best of my knowledge.

EDIT:
Then again, the way the ability is worded (if your post is accurate) makes me think it would be as soon as he is hit by a weapon coated in the Spittle; if that's the case then it would be every time he gets hit by such a weapon, which means the test has to be taken multiple times over a turn if different weapons are coated in it.

DOUBLE EDIT:
I'd house rule it to once per phase though; it might not be a big issue late campaign, but in the early stages/ middle of the campaign it could be crippling to have someone dual-wielding and just running around tickling people until they were paralysed :/
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

Spider Spittle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider Spittle   Spider Spittle Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 13:14

The Ultra-Mega Bob wrote:
I'd say once per phase. We had the same issue with Fear (nothing says once per charger or once per movement phase) but we thought it would be too crippling to make someone take 4 or 5 tests in one turn, so decided it was better off being one test per phase, whether the rules support it or not; which they do, to the best of my knowledge.

Is it so with fear? I find fear too 'easy' to overcome, and Undeads in high numbers won't be as powerful with this rule. We've never had issues with taking several fear tests, just requires the leader to stay close.

Then again, the way the ability is worded (if your post is accurate) makes me think it would be as soon as he is hit by a weapon coated in the Spittle; if that's the case then it would be every time he gets hit by such a weapon, which means the test has to be taken multiple times over a turn if different weapons are coated in it.

This is definitely how I would interpretate this. Which is why I'm asking, cuz that's wauw.

I'd house rule it to once per phase though; it might not be a big issue late campaign, but in the early stages/ middle of the campaign it could be crippling to have someone dual-wielding and just running around tickling people until they were paralysed :/

I agree, and I'd just have a Hero with S3, high WS and a lot of attacks to cripple 2 enemies or so pr. round, so my strong Heroes could take them OOA. This is a VERY powerful poison imo.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Spider Spittle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider Spittle   Spider Spittle Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jan 2014 - 16:34

Quote :
Is it so with fear?

I believe that you will find that answer in one of the earlier FAQs. If I recall correctly, (a crap-shoot I admit) if you fail one fear test your model fears ALL models that cause fear not just the ones he failed against.

As far as Spider Spittle goes, I've included it in our Lustrian equipment lists, but no one has used it yet. It does seem VERY powerful. Especially against Skinks and Halflings.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spider Spittle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider Spittle   Spider Spittle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spider Spittle
Page 1 of 1