Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat

Go down 
+2
The Ultra-Mega Bob
Scallen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scallen
Warrior
Warrior
Scallen

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Combat - How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat Empty
PostSubject: How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat   Combat - How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat Icon_minitimeThu 12 Dec 2013 - 21:29

Hey guys,

I started Mortheim again, and in the process of equipping my heros, there are two questions, maybe some other might follow.

How many weapons a model can carry?
Closecombat and missile.

And how and when do I change weapons in closecombat?

I mean for example:
Captain with a pair of duellingpistols, shoot both shots in the first round.
He also has a sword and a mace.
What happens in Round zwo?

And what happens if he only has this pistols ans the free dagger?
Can he beat with the pistols? After shooting.

And also for example:
Champion has a double handed weapon. And maybe also two hammers.
Does he can hit in first round with the d.h. weapon, then change in round two and can hit with the hammers in normal initiative?

Ok this are my problems/questions.

mfg
André

Back to top Go down
The Ultra-Mega Bob
Veteran
Veteran
The Ultra-Mega Bob

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat   Combat - How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat Icon_minitimeThu 12 Dec 2013 - 23:41

Quote :
Two missile weapons, two close combat weapons + the free dagger.

A brace of pistols only counts as one missile weapon though, so you can technically have three missile weapons, so long as two of them are pistols of the same type.

Quote :
If you want to use your pistols you have to use them in the first round of combat; in the second round of combat you will use whatever close combat weapon (or weapons) you have left- you may not use your pistols as a type of club.

In your example you would use the pistols in the first round of combat (even if you have three attacks on your profile you may only shoot once with each pistol) and then you would use the sword and mace in the second and subsequent rounds of combat.

If you only have pistols and a dagger then you use your pistols in the first round of combat, then in the second and subsequent rounds you would only use your single dagger.

Quote :
Does he can hit in first round with the d.h. weapon, then change in round two and can hit with the hammers in normal initiative?
People in my group play it like this- At the start of a combat, choose which weapon you want to use. You use that weapon configuration until:
1) All of your opponents have been Knocked Down, Stunned or taken Out Of Action
2) Your opponent rolls 'Wild Sweep' on a critical hit with a Bludgeoning weapon (Hammer/ Mace/ Flail etc.) and knocks your weapon out of your hand.
3) You have used the Lance/ Pistol/ Crossbow Pistol in the first round and are allowed to change to your 'back-up'/ close combat weapon(s).

You may not change any other weapons voluntarily.

I don't know if that is an official rule, but it makes sense to us.

In your example you cannot have a Two Handed weapon and also have two hammers, because you are only allowed two close combat weapons + a free dagger. You could have a Two Handed weapon and one Hammer, but I would follow the process I posted above- choose one weapon set at the start of combat and keep using it until you are forced to change or you are no longer in combat.

Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
Scallen
Warrior
Warrior
Scallen

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat   Combat - How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat Icon_minitimeFri 13 Dec 2013 - 0:12

Thank you that help me a lot.

Is the limitation of equipment noted in the rulebook?

Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat   Combat - How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat Icon_minitimeFri 13 Dec 2013 - 2:35

Scallen wrote:
I started Mortheim again, and in the process of equipping my heros, there are two questions, maybe some other might follow.

Awesome! I'll be happy to help!

Scallen wrote:
Closecombat and missile.

This might be the phrase you're looking for:

Mordheim Rulebook Warband Section p. 3 wrote:
Each warrior you recruit can be armed with up to two close combat weapons (in addition to his free dagger), up to two different missile weapons and any armour chosen from the appropriate list. For these purposes, a brace of pistols counts as a single missile weapon.

Scallen wrote:
And how and when do I change weapons in closecombat?

Short answer: You don't.
Long answer: There are three possibilities that comes to mind.
1. Pistols can be used once pr. close combat. I don't see any restriction to when you can use them, but you can use each once pr. combat. Which means, if you feel like using one in round two and one in round five (long combat), you should be free to do so.
2. Wild Sweep (optional critical hit table) removes one of your weapons from your hand (if you're so lucky to have two besides your dagger) and you must fight with whatever backup weapon you have (which might be your dagger).
3. A Lance can be used from horseback and is usually only used in the first round of close combat, if you're charging.

Scallen wrote:
I mean for example:

You use your Duelling Pistols in round one, and fight with your Sword & Mace in round two (with whichever you want in main hand)

Scallen wrote:
And what happens if he only has this pistols ans the free dagger?
Can he beat with the pistols? After shooting.

Pistols in this age, is not the best blunt weapon, so no, unfortunately not.

Scallen wrote:
And also for example:

It is not possible to have three close combat weapons, but you may have a double-handed weapon, one hammer and one dagger (unless you're really pushing it, and counting a dagger as one of your allowed close combat weapons).
It is also not possible to change in round 2, 3, 4 or whichever round you may be in. You may change when you enter a new close combat.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat   Combat - How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat Icon_minitimeFri 13 Dec 2013 - 10:19

For what it is worth, in my group we made a house-rule that you can swap your free dagger with any other dagger. For example, you could swap it with a jeweled dagger or a gromril dagger or an ithilmar dagger or Ventilia's Meriscordia, or a Stiletto or some such.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat   Combat - How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat Icon_minitimeFri 13 Dec 2013 - 11:55

Lord 0 wrote:
For what it is worth, in my group we made a house-rule that you can swap your free dagger with any other dagger. For example, you could swap it with a jeweled dagger or a gromril dagger or an ithilmar dagger or Ventilia's Meriscordia, or a Stiletto or some such.

That's actually an awesome kind of house rule!

Won't do much difference gamewise, but gives some cool story for your character - I love that!
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat   Combat - How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat Icon_minitimeSat 14 Dec 2013 - 1:42

+1 to that house rule.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat   Combat - How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat Icon_minitimeSat 14 Dec 2013 - 4:15

That's a cool house rule, however I think the weapon swapping the OP had in mind was during melee combats. I'm assuming of course, but the house rule isn't intended that you swap your free dagger for another special dagger during a fight, right?  Suspect 

Our house rule is that the pistol becomes a club once fired instead of being swapped for another weapon. I think this was the rule for Warhammer Fantasy 5th edition, so we always thought that that was how pistols worked in Mordheim (at least until some spoil-sport actually READ the rules).
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat   Combat - How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat Icon_minitimeSat 14 Dec 2013 - 6:22

Yeah, the house-rule is related to the part of the OP's original question of what weapons a model can be equipped with, rather than the bit about changing weapons.

Like Ultra-Mega Bob, in my group we also use the house-rule that you can change what weapons you are using when all your opponents are KD/Stunned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat   Combat - How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many eqipment, and how to change weapons in combat
Page 1 of 1