Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tall models hiding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Tall models hiding Empty
PostSubject: Tall models hiding   Tall models hiding Icon_minitimeThu 21 Nov 2013 - 16:29

I've just gotten some awesome Reaper figures. Huge Saurus!
However... as tall as Kroxigors and more broad, hiding with them against elves might prove hard. Anyone playing with 'small base models are pr. definition 1" high, big based are 1,5", large creatures are 2" high' or something alike?
I'd love a solution to that problem, since I'd love to play with them, they'd just die if I use them before 51 exp ^_^
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Tall models hiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tall models hiding   Tall models hiding Icon_minitimeThu 21 Nov 2013 - 17:24

First of all I think you should make one not two topics concerning same issue.Smile 
Well, I like warmachine LOS system when heights are fixed according to bases. Small base has x, medium has x and large has x, no matter how high your miniatures actually are. Mayby you should checek it out?
As for Mordheim, rules are clear that model may hide if they can "reasonably conceal themselves". I know that reasonably is open for discussion, but well...
Besides Kroxigor IS a huge monster and trying to hide him behind something that is smaller than him would make me angry:twisted: 
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info

Tall models hiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tall models hiding   Tall models hiding Icon_minitimeThu 21 Nov 2013 - 17:42

I agree, however, as I was writing it in the same thread, I got myself confused, so I figured that I'd split it up, since one is concerning LoS in close combat and this one is more relevant in the shooting phase.
I'll definitely check that out right now!
And yes, Mordheim is one big discussion Razz

Problem is, he's not a Kroxigor - he's a Saurus! Just twice the corpus ^_^
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Tall models hiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tall models hiding   Tall models hiding Icon_minitimeThu 21 Nov 2013 - 17:50

If it's saurus...well...you knew what you were doing Very Happy 
Is he on a "saurus base" or larger? How about this: As he's obviously much larger than normal saurus talk to your opponent and propose that for LOS, shooting, hiding and CC purposes (yours and his) you will change him to normal saurus and when all is resolved switch back.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info

Tall models hiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tall models hiding   Tall models hiding Icon_minitimeThu 21 Nov 2013 - 18:05

He's on a Saurus base, just huge as *uck :p
Aye, an excellent solution if we cannot agree on any rules concerning it!

I found out where you misunderstood me, by reading the Warmachine rules, which makes sense to me completely! I'll propose them to the team next game day - thanks! My point was mostly concerning him hiding near a window or behind a wall. But I'll suggest your solution Wink
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Tall models hiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tall models hiding   Tall models hiding Icon_minitimeFri 22 Nov 2013 - 3:49

Quote :
I agree, however, as I was writing it in the same thread, I got myself confused, so I figured that I'd split it up, since one is concerning LoS in close combat and this one is more relevant in the shooting phase.
Wow I'd have never known that from the titles of the threads or indeed from reading them. At least until I got to this post.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info

Tall models hiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tall models hiding   Tall models hiding Icon_minitimeFri 22 Nov 2013 - 13:11

As I said, I confused myself. No wonder that you can't follow the distinction, when I couldn't even make it clear, writing it the first time Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tall models hiding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tall models hiding   Tall models hiding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tall models hiding
Page 1 of 1