Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Master of Blades and alternative parry rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Master of Blades and alternative parry rules Empty
PostSubject: Master of Blades and alternative parry rules   Master of Blades and alternative parry rules Icon_minitimeFri 18 Oct 2013 - 0:27

Alright, so the problem is, that we found parry too weak, so we implemented two things: The defender may choose which hit to parry and two swords allow a re-roll of that parry attempt. Works great imo.!

The problem is, that I don't know how to fix this combined with Master of Blades. It says that you may parry the two highest dice rolled, but according to our rules, you may pick. It's already strong with the rulebook rules, but this would just make it even stronger! One solution could be to make it into a flat 5+ parry, which may be re-rolled, since most Dwarves will never be hit on 3+, and 5+ would be in between 4+ and 6+.
I know there's a lot of players out there with the same parry rules as we use, so I'd love to hear your solution to this skill! alien 
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Master of Blades and alternative parry rules   Master of Blades and alternative parry rules Icon_minitimeSun 20 Oct 2013 - 12:34

I know I wrote, that people playing with the same rules might have a solution for this... But someone not playing with them might as well - so please shout out :-D
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Master of Blades and alternative parry rules   Master of Blades and alternative parry rules Icon_minitimeSun 20 Oct 2013 - 16:17

Use the rule as written? Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Master of Blades and alternative parry rules   Master of Blades and alternative parry rules Icon_minitimeSun 20 Oct 2013 - 18:24

That was a thought I had as well ^_^ it makes the skill less attractive though. But in the end it might be the best solution - then it's just a risk to take it :-P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Master of Blades and alternative parry rules   Master of Blades and alternative parry rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Master of Blades and alternative parry rules
Page 1 of 1