Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vampirekhaine
Warlord
Warlord
vampirekhaine

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

ogre - [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY) Empty
PostSubject: [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY)   ogre - [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY) Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jul 2013 - 23:30

Recently some friends and yours truly decided to start another mordheim campaign. In this case I wandered away from my standard warbands and decided to bring to field a whole new group of warriors; Ogre's (maneaters to be more precise).

Because I did not want to spend a whole lot of money on them AND felt the need to make conversions, I decided to buy a standard box of 6 ogre's and convert them using Greenstuff. Soon I discovered that milliput could also be fun to work with and thus the random ogre's warband was born.

Apparently milliput can be shaped when it is hardened, so I will clean up the models once that is done. Especially the guy with the colbert-ish clothing, as well as the guard and his cloak.

Here are some pics of the progress. Mind you, this was my first attempt with milliput ever! I had done some greenstuff before.

ogre - [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY) P1050160

ogre - [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY) P1050159

ogre - [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY) P1050154

ogre - [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY) P1050137

Tips, tricks and comments are always appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY)   ogre - [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY) Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jul 2013 - 13:09

Good looking ogres. I've never worked with milliput, is it easier to work with than green stuff?
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY)   ogre - [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY) Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jul 2013 - 19:15

Never knew there was yellow milli.The best about milli is that it can be worked after its hardened, be it with sandpaper or other mechanical stuff, it works great. I use it when it comes to press moldings, using instantmold forms, cause its chaeper then greenstuff. But if you do not stay 100 % to the mixing recipe, i discovered that some parts will never harden out. Its better for edgy shapes then for round shapes, and dont forget to use water on your tools, it will also quicken the hardening process.
nough said.

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
vampirekhaine
Warlord
Warlord
vampirekhaine

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY)   ogre - [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY) Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jul 2013 - 23:03

Thnx!

@von kurst: Not nesc. easier nor more difficult. I mostly found it to be very different to work with. A lot softer (if mixed 50/50 like GS), but a lot easier to shape! Also less sticky.

But like I said before, there are some disadvantages as well, like it being very brittle.

I agree with you floedebolle, I just have to check how easy it can be worked once its dry. Fortunately all the parts you see have completely hardened, and none of it broke or was otherwise damaged. Do like it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY)   ogre - [OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[OGRE] - Vampirekhaine's ogres (PIC HEAVY)
Page 1 of 1