Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Empty
PostSubject: Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders)   Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2013 - 22:23

I managed to get my old figures back! : ) So, I started to assemble them from the beginning and here's what I came up so far.
My hunters ended up in Mordheim by tracking a band of Beastmen all the way back from Reikwald Forest.

Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Dscf0019

Captain Gynth, the best tracker and shooter in the band, of course! : )

Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Dscf0020
Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Dscf0021

Champions Ludwig & Wolfgang. One armed with a bow, sword and buckler, the other one with 2 swords and a crossbow.

Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Dscf0022

Two youngbloods, twin brothers Klaus & Gunther. One armed with 2 axes, and the other one with sword & dagger.

Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Dscf0023

Reikwald Huntsmen (Marksmen). Armed with longbows and one of them got crossbow.

Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Dscf0024

Reikwald Woodsmen (Warriors). Armed with axes and daggers only!

I thought on painting them in Brown/Red/White color scheme, like Empire Archers set, but now I'm thinking on Green\Brown scheme too, which is more suitable for Empire huntsmen... What do you think guys, which one would you choose?

Last edited by Vagabond on Tue 15 Jan 2013 - 1:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jerry_O
Captain
Captain
Jerry_O

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders)   Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2013 - 23:00

Nice models, like them very much Smile

Maybe paint them in a little camouflage-like sheme. Much brown and some green clothes and some things like the feather maybe in the white and red of reikland.
Because I think if you dont include some white-red they will look like woodsmen but woodsmen from anywhere. Hope you understand what I mean cyclops
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders)   Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2013 - 23:26

The minis you've assembled fit VERY NICELY with the theme. I look forward to seeing how you paint the Tracker up...other Folks' paint schemes are a great source of ideas to steal. Have FUN with the project. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Berenguer
Youngblood
Youngblood
Berenguer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders)   Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jan 2013 - 0:35

I`m about to start Reiklanders as well, and thus I have my own idea `bout `em... so my comment only reflects my ideas about an appropriate Reikland warband...

First, even if they`re hunters/woodsmen, I won`t go for green - maybe some cloaks or anything, but nothin` further. Green became the hunters color not earlier than early modern times (e.g. the transformation of Robin Hood`s outlaws in public view). But, we`re on a basically WHFB setting, so it`s up to you - although I would not expect much green inside Mordheim, except for the wyrdstone. Wink

I am going for lots of brown tones, to reflect the leatherwear etc., and white for some particular clothes, but very used/dirty, due to Mordheim infrastructure. Of course some decent dark red should not be missing (at least to your heroes) to signify, combined with the white, their heritage. Hope to post my models asap as well^^

To the models: Like `em very much, especially the captain. But be aware that you`ve gotta organize your henchmen in two different groups due to their different weaponry (sry to mention this one, but it`s often forgotten). Secondly, warriors in a Reikland warband normally don`t pay off - try to get more marksmen (only if your heroes with their WS4 are up to go into cc), or go for some swordsmen (perfectly equipped with two swords each, imho). BUT I see the point in putting up warriors with axes as woodsmen - so if you like it fluffwise you should keep those guys! thumbsup

Hope I could help ya, or at least give you insight to another Reiklanders warband! Wink
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders)   Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jan 2013 - 15:45

Ah, Reiklanders! The finest of men! Cool These guys look good, and I'll definitely be checking back to see how they paint up. The emphasis on shooting will play well to their strengths, though it is nice to see you haven't neglected your close-combat potential as well. Overall, it looks like a pretty well-balanced warband. Best of luck to you in your campaign!

Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders)   Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013 - 1:54

Thank you guys for your comments and suggestions! I think that I will paint them Red\White\Brown scheme and will post pictures as soon as I start painting them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders)   Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reikwald Hunters (Reiklanders)
Page 1 of 1