Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?

Go down 
+8
catachanfrog
RationalLemming
Pathfinder Dubstyles
werekin
Spectre76
Pervavita
Von Kurst
Goglutin
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Empty
PostSubject: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 12:29

Simple question :

Is it possible to use the rabbit's foot reroll in post battle sequence actions like a rarity roll or a visit to the surgeon ?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 12:52

The rabbits foot may not be used for trading (rarity rolls) as the rules are written. I don't know when or where visits to the surgeon count as since they are an optional rule we do not use.

Rabbit's feet may only be used in the exploration phase.
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 13:58

That what I wasn't sure about...

Exploration phase means only for the exploration roll or does it also include the whole post-battle...

If its only for the exploration roll then nothing else can be rerolled except for that.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 17:40

Exploration means only in the exploration phase... I read it to also include any part of exploration meaning if you get doubles (+) like 3 3 (corps) you can re roll what you find or if you play "hidden treasure" for the treasure chest rolls.
Once exploration is done then rabbits foot has no more use till next game.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2013 - 12:57

Quote :
Exploration phase means only for the exploration roll or does it also include the whole post-battle...

As Pervavita said above. You may re-roll any die as long as you are re-rolling a result obtained on an exploration table. For example if you find D3 halberds as part of exploration, you may re-roll a result of 1 or 2 if you feel lucky.

Since we're on the topic, what if you suffer an injury due to an Exploration result? Can you re-roll the result?

This doesn't come up much in regular Mordheim has the exploration phase mainly causes your warriors to miss games if they fail a test (which should be re-rollable, too). Lustria, EiF and BtB are a bit more lethal in the Exploration phase with many results calling for an injury roll. I don't think anyone in our campaigns has thought to re-roll, mainly because we use our re-rolls to get a better result with the first exploration roll (everyone looking to get 6 of a kind).
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2013 - 14:14

Thx guys ...

So my merchant will not be able to re-roll his dubious income ...

Still.. the rabbit's foot is an excellent accessory and for a mere 10GC its a must have for all heroes.

Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2013 - 16:38

Same thing goes with a Lucky Charm. We've allowed a couple of "house rules" for them, such as a re-roll for an injury for a model with one, but the second roll stands, and the charm is lost afterward.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jan 2013 - 20:29

Quote :
Same thing goes with a Lucky Charm. We've allowed a couple of "house rules" for them, such as a re-roll for an injury for a model with one, but the second roll stands, and the charm is lost afterward.

That is VERY generous seeing as the power of Lucky Charm was lessened by Mordheim errata, to only have its standard effect work on a 4+ roll. There is actually a special item that allows you to re-roll an injury result, one use only. It's called a Medicine Chest. It's tricky to procure and extremely valuable!

Regards,

Werekin
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jan 2013 - 22:16

Where is that ''medecine chest'' ? (source)

I've never seen it and i'm curious !!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jan 2013 - 22:22

As far as I know the Medicine Chest first appeared in the scenario Down at the Docks. It is also available as Booty in the Sartosa supplement and in the unreleased MiM.
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2013 - 1:25

Will definitely have to check that one out. I completely agree that it was generous, but it was for primarily aimed for some novice players that had a REALLY hard start.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2013 - 21:00

I would say the Rabbits foot would be able to be used for injuries in the exploration phase as it is still the exploration phase.

Lucky Charm for a re-roll on the serious injury chart. How does that work as the Lucky Charm would be expended already in the battle to negate your first hit and thus be unusable in the post battle.
I like the idea of another piece of equipment that gets less love for the serious injury rolls. We have started to use Healing Herbs as they are used so little already and are expensive.
The Medical Kit though I am curious to check out.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013 - 20:17

Old topic but:

My group has house-ruled that Rabbit's Feet cannot be used after the game at all. Why? Because as written they are strictly better than the considerably more expensive and harder to find Wyrdstone Pendulum. Makes the Mordheim Master Map more exciting as well since you can't replicate it's effects for 10 GC.

Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013 - 21:17

We've done the same as PD.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013 - 0:30

Not mentioning injustice it does to "wyrdstone hunter" skill (witch hunters academic list is no longer special since everyone can get wyrd hunter equivalent for 10gc).
Check out my old thread about exploration abusing:
Grey area - exploration phase rerolls
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013 - 11:19

From now on : Rabbit foot do not allow reroll for exploration.

Thx guys. Its a really abusive item.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013 - 12:17

In my group we tend to get Rabbit's feet *and* Wyrdstone hunter *and* the Wyrdstone pendulum. That way the rabbit's feet can be used during combat, but you will still have lots of rolls left over for the loot tables.

With the 'roll extra dice and discard' stuff and winning with all your heroes you could be rolling at least 8 dice and then there are the subsequent results to roll off that. If you get something like Slaughtered Warband that is a lot of rolls you could be wanting to re-roll.

Granted, the feet are cheap and also help keep you alive in combat so they are almost invariably purchased first, but as the warbands get the funds/earn the skills the others come online.

We tended to see it kind of like Gromril armour or Ithilmar weapons or something. The pendulums and skills are not something a starting warband gets, but more something purchased later on once the warband gets going. Not every item needs to be useful straight away to a starting warband after all.
Back to top Go down
garathiel
General
General
garathiel

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013 - 13:07

And a dwarves warband could be' deadly with that and some +1 -1 skill. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garathielpaints
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013 - 13:12

Like Pathfinder Dubstyles and RationalLemming we allow only rerolls during the game. This should encourage heroic manouvers like jumping attack.

If you can use it for the game or the post-battle sequence you will (nearly) always save it for the post-battle sequence...
Back to top Go down
Arli
Veteran
Veteran
Arli

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013 - 15:29

I actually forget to use mine. The same thing applies to the lucky charm. I always forget it until after I need it.
Back to top Go down
garathiel
General
General
garathiel

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013 - 17:10

I house rule the nurgle rot.. Making it curabile with surgeon. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/garathielpaints
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013 - 18:34

I use my rabbits feet almost all the time in battle to help win the battle. I only have 1 or 2 left over most the time and thats more due to not needing them to make a kill in battle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?   Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rabbit foot use in post battle sequence ?
Page 1 of 1