Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries

Go down 
+5
Jerry_O
Von Kurst
folketsfiende
DeafNala
Spectre76
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2013 - 5:33

And a group photo:
marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Marien27
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2013 - 14:31

I love Group Portraits. The Lads look FINE altogether. The only thing you might do is a bit of work on their bases. Other than that, GREAT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2013 - 15:59

Thanks Nala! Actually, for clarification purposes, I'm thinking of leaving them as is. The henchmen will have unpainted base rims, while the heroes have painted ones. A slight difference between them sometimes helps us in our games, but it'd be a quick fix if I change my mind.
Back to top Go down
Jerry_O
Captain
Captain
Jerry_O

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2013 - 17:37

I wouldn´t do it that way, I mean the clothes are different enough. Give it a heart (or a brush with paint),
in my opinnion it would look better and less unfinished. Beside that great work. I really like these guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2013 - 20:17

Looks great.
I like the idea of the base colors differing for heroes/henchmen. maybe the henchmen get a diffrent color?
I don't mind the "black" though... I don't even base (yet) so can't complain
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2013 - 21:48

I must admit to being a bit of a basing fanatic...it's a character flaw. I've seen some minis of award winning quality sporting glopped up bases, which really bugs me. That said, however you like the bases is how you should do them up; re, you are the one who will see them most often after all. clown
Back to top Go down
qazbnm
Champion
Champion
qazbnm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jan 2013 - 1:04

I love your warband! A player in my group is assembling a marienburger warband, so I'll have to show this thread to him. I like how you have this separation between the fancy heroes and the thug henchmen!

I'd have to agree with DeafNala on that basing really does a lot to improve the look of a model. I always think my miniatures look much better based than not, and it's something that can bring up a fast painted unit up a notch. It's definitely worth the time spent.
Back to top Go down
Berenguer
Youngblood
Youngblood
Berenguer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jan 2013 - 1:19

Can just go along with the others - they look great in this color combo! When I started reading, I have to admit that I`ve had my doubts, but they`re really nicely done! thumbsup

Maybe you would like to add some Bögenhafen context fluffwise, as the purple keeps me remembering this Imperial kinda city state... Would also fit with the Marienburgers noble aspect^^

Another aspect that has been always a centre part of discussions: IMHO you should let them look a little more dirty (especially the white on the heroes), as business in Mordheim also turns the fanziest silk dirty! Wink But that`s a matter of how to look at Marienburgers, I guess. Smile

All in all: Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jan 2013 - 15:22

Appreciate the kind words guys! I wanted to have the heroes of this bunch be really effete. I figured each of them has numerous changes of clothes that they brought with them to the ruined city, and despite the grime, they always have someone to do their laundry! Laughing
After some consideration, I think I am going to finish up the brown bases for the henchmen as well. With work keeping me busy, I haven't had much time to re-visit them in the last couple of days, but like I said, it's gonna be a really quick fix for them to do it.
Again, glad you guys have enjoyed them. I've got a couple of other Forge World models that I have done up for future heroes (one has a 2-handed hammer, and the other is another duelist type). As soon as I get time, I'm going to get them painted up in this scheme too. More pics to come! Sir, yes sir!
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013 - 4:54

Here's the two other Hero models I'm planning to paint up sometime in the next couple of days/weeks. They're from the Forge World set, and I'm pretty happy with how the poses came out, and when I saw another head sculpt with a sallet, I knew it was the one I'd use! Cool
marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Marien28
I know the picture is a little blurry, but it's the best I could do on short notice. marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 40268
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013 - 14:44

Details are lost in the photos, but the poses look FINE nonetheless. I especially like the Fellow with the Big Mallet. Enjoy the painting! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Jerry_O
Captain
Captain
Jerry_O

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013 - 18:00

At least i am not the only one having trouble with photos Very Happy

As you probably suggested I like the guy with the sallet most! And you should remove the mold lines on the other dudes hammer Smile
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Mar 2013 - 23:03

marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Marien10
Been meaning to get these guys done for a couple of months! Glad I was finally able to finish them.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Mar 2013 - 23:18

The new Guys have the definitive, flashy Marienburg look...nice color choices. GREAT WORK!
Back to top Go down
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013 - 10:51

Im having almost exact the same idea colorwise. Yellow and purple fits together really good!

How has it gone playwise with Marienburger?
I have built an team but havent used them in combat yet. And while spending time around this merry place ive seen so many other cool warbands that these galant gangsters does loose a bit of attraction.

Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013 - 15:44

In terms of a campaign, Marienburgers have a real advantage both in numbers and in the ability to make money. The extra bonus in rarity rolls can really be helpful later on when you're looking for that blunderbuss, or suit of gromril. Plus, when you have more henchmen, there's more of a chance for that ever-so-helpful LGT roll, so you can bet that your hero limit will likely be at maximum most of the time. Add an elf ranger to the mix, and you can really make your post-battle experiences the most they can be! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries   marienburg - The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Blades of Manaan: Marienburg Marcenaries
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2