Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Dismissing Leader

Go down 
+8
Grimscull
Shadowphx
Citizen Sade
catachanfrog
LuisMars
Von Kurst
RationalLemming
Pervavita
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Dismissing Leader - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dismissing Leader   Dismissing Leader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2012 - 17:41

Q: why would the leader ever sack himself?
A: He can chose to retire; you know "these old bones can't take this any more" or "I lost an eye, leg, and hand; I think it's time for me to..." Points to air "Bird"... "oh sorry I forgot what I was saying"

The rules of 3-15 and must have 1 leader are meant for the life of the game but yet the rules also account for the leader being gone (death of leader rules) but there are also some cases of forced retirement that are not covered in the rules and must be interprited... Blind in 2 eyes.
How in the rules is this covered? do you treat it the same as "Death of Leader" or do you follow the letter of the rules and as there is no clause for a retired leader does the warband disband? or do we continue on with out the leader or any leader for that matter as the leader did not die and thus the Leader skill is not passed on (or magic).

Based on that alone I have to say that a leader can retire but the game designers did not account for it in writing the death of the leader rules and in the sperit of the design would be treated as the death of the leader.
I really don't think they intended for "Oh your leader is blind now you all have to go home... but if he died you could have just apointed a new leader"
I do how ever see what your saying RL and will agree that sacking the leader because you don't like him is out. Meaning he has to be forced out be the rules (lame or dead).
Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Dismissing Leader   Dismissing Leader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2012 - 18:13

Then we agree on the matter. We treat retirement caused by two times eye injury and the like, as regular deaths and hereby the "death of leader applies".
Back to top Go down
http://Zero2Hero.tabletopgeeks.com
weeble1000
Hero
Hero
weeble1000

PostSubject: Re: Dismissing Leader   Dismissing Leader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Nov 2012 - 5:29

I don't understand why you can't dismiss a leader. Mordheim is far from the most l337, balanced rule set in the miniature gaming world. GW never wrote the tightest rules in the world, was sometimes a bit inconsistent, and often forgot a few things.

There's 101 fluffy reasons to dismiss a warband leader. There's 101 fluffy reasons to not dismiss a warband leader. So do whatever the heck you want. It's Mordheim. Hell, the fluff reasons for dismissing a warband leader would vary wildly from one warband to another.

The rules are vague, so do what you want, but talk with the other players first. It just seems super silly that you can't dismiss a warband leader, but you can shaft him in gameplay to get him killed. Why go through all of that fuss? I say if you want to replace a leader, go nuts! And if I was playing with people who were so bent on the RAW to say I couldn't dismiss my leader under the rules, I'd just walk my leader off a friggin' building every game and wait for him to die. There's nothing in the rules that says you can't do that.

Rules and fluff have an unhealthy relationship. Common sense should prevail, especially in a game like Mordheim.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Dismissing Leader   Dismissing Leader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Nov 2012 - 5:33

Well said Weeble!
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dismissing Leader   Dismissing Leader - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Nov 2012 - 13:40

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dismissing Leader   Dismissing Leader - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dismissing Leader
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2