Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Leadership skills

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

skills - Leadership skills Empty
PostSubject: Leadership skills   skills - Leadership skills Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2012 - 1:21

In my group we have a few extra skill tables that are available. We have the Animal Handling skills that are available to everyone that was introduced in town Cryer, Magic skills that are available to anyone capable of casting (some are magic or prayers only), and Leadership skills that are available to anyone that is the Leader or has their racial max for Ld e.g. a human with 9 Ld or a skaven with 7 Ld. Ld skills only affect models in the same warband as the owner of the skill. We also have a houserule that states animals are never considered to be within the Ld radius of the leader - for that you need the Animal Handling skills.

Chain of Command
If the Leader is not available for the battlefield (most likely because he is missing the game or OOA) you may nominate one model with Chain of Command on the battlefield to be the new Leader. For the duration of the game, this model is considered to be the leader unless another leader is nominated.

A warrior with Chain of Command skills may choose skills that are otherwise Leader Only, but note that they will not stack with other instances of the same skill.

If the warrior started the game with Leader then they are eligible for the Winning Leader xp.

A Leader with Chain of Command may nominate any model capable of earning xp to be Leader for any game he is forced to miss. This will last until the leader is again available for battle.

Deputy
A warrior with Deputy recognized as being able to speak with the voice of the leader in the leader's absence. A warrior with Deputy may extend his leadership stat to all those within 6" of him just as if he had the Leader skill.

A warrior with Deputy may choose skills that are otherwise Leader Only, but note that they will not stack with other instances of the same skill.

At the start of the turn, a Leader with Deputy may nominate any one model as a deputy. That model will be able to extend his leadership stat to all those within 6" of him just as if he had the Leader skill. Only one model may be nominated as deputy at any given time.

Fomenter of hatred(a) (Stolen from Rhoaran)
At the start of each battle warrior participates in, nominate one enemy hero. All henchman capable of gaining experience gain ‘Hatred’ towards that hero this battle.

Fomenter of hatred(b) (Leader only)
At the start of each battle warrior participates in, nominate one enemy warband. All henchman capable of gaining experience gain ‘Hatred’ towards that warband while within the Ld radius of the leader. This effect lasts until the leader is stunned or OOA.

Fomenter of hatred (c)
At the start of each battle warrior participates in, nominate one enemy warband and one henchman group capable of gaining experience. That group will gain ‘Hatred’ towards the nominated warband.

Fomenter of hatred (d) (Leader only)
At the start of each battle warrior participates in, nominate one enemy warband. All henchman capable of gaining experience gain ‘Hatred’ towards that warband for the first round of close combat.

Charismatic (Leader only)
Your warband limit is increased by 1. Does not stack with other instances of Charismatic, but if the leader with Charismatic is replaced by one who also has charismatic you will not have to reduce your warband size.

Hunch (Leader only)
You may deploy 0-3 xp earning models in any terrain feature that is not within 12" of an enemy model or within your opponent's deployment zone.

Inspiring Presence (Leader only)
Warriors within the Leader's Ld radius may reroll a failed fear test (excluding the leader). This skill may not be used if the Leader is kd/stunned.

Fearsome Presence (Leader only)
Enemy models inside the leader's Ld radius radius are at -1 to hit for their first round of combat. Models immune to fear are immune to this effect. This skill may not be used if the Leader is kd/stunned.

Fearsome challenge (Leader only)
Roll a D3. Enemy models charging models within the Leader's Ld radius must subtract the result from their charge range. Models immune to fear are immune to this effect. This skill may not be used if the Leader is engaged in close combat.

Decisive Charge (Leader only)
Once per game the leader and all models within his Ld radius will gain d3" to their charge range and Frenzy for one round. This skill may not be used if the Leader is kd/stunned.

Rallying Cry (Leader only)
Once per turn any model within the Ld radius of the leader (excluding the leader) may auto-pass a Ld test. This skill may not be used if the Leader is kd/stunned.

Encouraging Shout (Leader only)
Once per turn one model (except the leader) may reroll a missed hit. This skill may not be used if the Leader is kd/stunned.

Command Aura (Leader only)
The base range for your Ld radius is now equal to your Ld instead of 6". Skills and abilities that increase this will work as normal.

Last edited by Lord 0 on Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 1:22; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Leadership skills   skills - Leadership skills Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2012 - 1:21

Rabblerouser Fomenter of hatred is recently stolen (thanks, Roharan Smile), so it is not yet decided which one will be use or which format it will take.

Battletongue and Tactician we left in Academic skills and added Logisitics (leader only): +1 to warband size so that leaders with access to Ld skills will still have a decent advantage. Might put some rabble-rousing skills here too.

Last edited by Lord 0 on Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 1:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Leadership skills   skills - Leadership skills Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2012 - 18:56

I like it a lot.

Rabble Rouser:
I like a and c best. The idea of building your full warband into a fit against one model or a small part of the warband riled up against the full warband.
I think c would be easier to implament/use over all and would probably encourage more henchmen groups that are larger then 1.

b i don't like as it implies that the Leader has to keep the guys all worked up. It also requires you to keep checking distance for the leadership radious.

d i don't like as the hate would ware off.

the rest of the skills look great.

Logisitics: Academic? combined with Charismatic allowing for +2?
just want to make sure I get what your doing with those.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Leadership skills   skills - Leadership skills Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2012 - 21:11

Yup - that is the intention. We are pretty competitive in my group so most people stay at the optimum 9/12 numbering for most of the campaign anyway, but if someone wants to use 2 skills on their leader to really push their numbers they are welcome to Smile.
Back to top Go down
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

PostSubject: Re: Leadership skills   skills - Leadership skills Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2012 - 21:33

Rabble-Rouser is from Coreheim.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Leadership skills   skills - Leadership skills Icon_minitimeFri 12 Oct 2012 - 1:03

Sorry about that - I'll change the name.

@Pervavita: Going back to c) I mostly liked C and D so I will most likely push C when I bring this to my group. I will have to see how they go. A is stolen from Coreheim so I will have to drop that, but I will see what the others think about the rest.

In any case, you are probably right about the constantly checking for range - bothersome and too open for abuse.
Back to top Go down
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

PostSubject: Re: Leadership skills   skills - Leadership skills Icon_minitimeFri 12 Oct 2012 - 2:50

no its okay man Smile

just don't credit someone else who borrowed it Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leadership skills   skills - Leadership skills Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leadership skills
Page 1 of 1