Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

dwarf - Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please) Empty
PostSubject: Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please)   dwarf - Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please) Icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 13:06

Nothing much original here, taking brewers from the KaK supliment, Treasure hunters from Mord and bits and pieces from other places (e.g. Miner from a thread on LAF, longbead from the Dwarf Rangers PDF).

I have combined 4 dwarf warbands into one document and pretied it up with some of my fiancee's old art.

I would love some feedback on the document, is warband construction clear this way, or overly complicated, also on the rules, the stats (particularily the leaders) and I threw together some of the fluff statements (again some from the above places, some I made up) very quickly so if you have any changes in mind for them I would love to here it too.

This is all sort of part of my MODheim project, the idea being to add a lot more flexibility to the warbands and compile them into less documents.

Anywa, all comments and critisism welcome:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzXjWYwhLwQLSjJEXzlyN2NZYjA
Back to top Go down
Http://maxxev.blogspot.co.uk
cobaltearthgem
Hero
Hero
cobaltearthgem

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please)   dwarf - Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please) Icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 15:52

Looks like a nice compact document. Couple of things jumped out at me though; starting exp for non leader heroes is missing and as these rules are written all the warbands can start with five heroes
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please)   dwarf - Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please) Icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 16:05

cobaltearthgem wrote:
Looks like a nice compact document. Couple of things jumped out at me though; starting exp for non leader heroes is missing and as these rules are written all the warbands can start with five heroes

All EXP is stated?
I always thought it was mean that Dwarves only started with 4 Heroes, therefore I have given them access to 5.
Now because they are dwarves they might no be able to afford all 5, but there you go Smile.
If the fact that dwarves can start with 5 heroes brakes the lists, I'd certainly like to hear thoughts on that, I would like to keep all the options there, but i'm totally ok with stating that the warbands cannot initially recruit more than 4 heroes (inc. leader), the other 2 hero slots can only be filled with promoted henchmen.

Back to top Go down
cobaltearthgem
Hero
Hero
cobaltearthgem

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please)   dwarf - Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please) Icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 18:44

Sorry you are right the EXP is stated in the third column of the Hero option charts on page 2. I missed that on the first pass through, sorry. What threw me off was that on the "leader" page (page 5) the second sentence restates the leaders start with 20 EXP and I did not see a similar sentence on the "other" heroes page...

I have always lamented the fact that Dwarf Warbands only start with 4 heroes so I love the change, like the Elf warbands, but I have a feeling non-Dwarf players may have a problem with it...
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please)   dwarf - Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please) Icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 18:47

I've alway thought it was mean that there were dwarfs at all, but there you go. Smile

Given their special rules and abilities a 5 hero Dwarf warband would the the equal of any 6 hero warband. As the warband grows (which it would easily do given its income potential), it just becomes more broken.
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please)   dwarf - Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please) Icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 20:13

Would you suggest something like the wording I put above (limiting the warband to only being able to recruit 4 heroes from the options they have) or removing the Incomparable miners ability?

I always presumed the incomparable miners ability was there primarily as a means to ensure that the dwarf warband could once in a while actually recruit new models, as due to their expense they would struggle with it otherwise.

Having played as dwarves a number of times I always struggled in the early games, but I do recall, generally being quite well off when I managed to get to 6 heroes. But I only ever managed that in one campaign. In the others I simply couldn't afford to purchase the henchmen to increase the odds of getting a hero, and I only ever rolled talent for a Thundererer.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please)   dwarf - Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please) Icon_minitimeMon 3 Sep 2012 - 13:48

Your experience playing dwarfs is so different from mine playing against them! But I understand the problem. I never seem to be able to afford anything but replacements, except for the odd game when no one dies!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please)   dwarf - Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combined Dwarf Warbands Document (comments please)
Page 1 of 1