Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Optional Rules: Dark Steeds and Cold Ones

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seeric
Warrior
Warrior
Seeric

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Optional Rules: Dark Steeds and Cold Ones Empty
PostSubject: Optional Rules: Dark Steeds and Cold Ones   Optional Rules: Dark Steeds and Cold Ones Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012 - 9:28

Hi Mordheimers.

This is just a quick first sketch of what I was thinking about and as someone who is relatively new to Mordheim I just wanted to ask you guys if this is a good idea at all. These rules are inteded to be used with this warband. GK costs and rarity might get changed after a bit of playtesting. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Add Dark Steed, Cold One and Lance to the Druchii Heroes Equipment List.

Optional Rules: Mounts for Druchii Warbands

Dark Steed 90 GC; Rare 11
(only available to Druchii Heroes)

M: 9 WS: 3 BS: 0 S: 3 T: 3 W: 1 I: 4 A: 1 Ld: 5

Special Rules:
Mounted Combat: All the usual rules for mounted warriors apply.
Light Cavalry: Dark Steeds can not be equipped with Barding.

Cold One 120 GC; Rare 11
(only available to Druchii Heroes)

M: 7 WS: 3 BS: 0 S: 4 T: 4 W: 1 I: 2 A: 1 Ld: 3

Special Rules:
Mounted Combat: All the usual rules for mounted warriors apply.
Cause Fear: Cold Ones are terrifying bestial predators and therefore cause fear.
Stupidity: Cold Ones are temperamental and rather dull beasts and therefore are subject to the stupidity special rules. They may use the Leadership of their rider when testing against stupidity. A Beastmaster mounted on a Cold One may add +1 to his Leadership when trying to control his mount.
The Smell of Horseflesh: Cold Ones like nothing better than the taste of horsemeat. If there is a model mounted on a horse (allied models mounted on Dark Steeds count!) within charging distance at the beginnig of their turn, the rider of the Cold One must test Leadership. If they fail this test they must immediatly attempt to charge the nearest model mounted on a horse and fight a round of hand-to-hand combat if the charge succeeds. If a friendly model is charged like this the rider can refrain from participating in the hand-to-hand combat and the models are moved 1'' apart as soon as the combat is resolved. They no longer count as locked in close combat. The warrior mounted on the Cold One may take no other actions this turn, though he may defend himself if attacked in hand-to-hand combat.
Thick-Skinned: A warrior mounted on a Cold One adds an additional +1 to his armor save. A Cold One is only killed on a serious injury roll of 1 if the model goes out of action.
Always Hungry: Cold Ones require an upkeep to cover the massive amounts of meat needed to keep them fed. After every battle the warband must pay 15 GC for every Cold One in the warband that hasn`t killed something in the last battle (serious injury result „dead“ or 1-2 in the case of henchmen after being taken out of action by a warrior mounted on a Cold One in hand-to-hand combat). Captured enemies or stragglers/prisoners (as found per exploration charts) may also be fed to the Cold Ones. If the a warband can not feed its Cold Ones they grow unruly and almost impossible to control. In the next combat all warriors suffer -3 on their Leadership when trying to control their Cold One mounts. Tests against „The Smell of Horseflesh“ are automatically failed.

From the fluffy side the reason why a Druchii Warband can aquire these later on in a campaign is this: I always imagined that a Druchii warband is part of a bigger expedition force with a camp in the vicinity where they trade their wyrdstone, gold and captives for new warriors and equipment.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules: Dark Steeds and Cold Ones   Optional Rules: Dark Steeds and Cold Ones Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 23:05

Nice rules. I really like the additional Cold One rules.
Back to top Go down
Seeric
Warrior
Warrior
Seeric

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules: Dark Steeds and Cold Ones   Optional Rules: Dark Steeds and Cold Ones Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2012 - 6:50

Thanks for the feedback. My group has agreed to try these rules in our upcoming campaign, so I might get a Cold One or two in the late campaign.

What do you think about the gold cost? To high, to low, spot on?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules: Dark Steeds and Cold Ones   Optional Rules: Dark Steeds and Cold Ones Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2012 - 7:01

I think in terms of the Blazing Saddles rules that the costs are about right. I also think that the cost of mounts in general is about double what it ought to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules: Dark Steeds and Cold Ones   Optional Rules: Dark Steeds and Cold Ones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Optional Rules: Dark Steeds and Cold Ones
Page 1 of 1