Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tomb King warband rules I made.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
amoronspeaking
Youngblood
Youngblood
amoronspeaking

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

rules - Tomb King warband rules I made. Empty
PostSubject: Tomb King warband rules I made.   rules - Tomb King warband rules I made. Icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2012 - 4:59

Well, I think the guy running our campaign either told me I should post it or he said he would... but i don't remember. Anyway here are what I came up with for a warband for the tomb kings in the style i felt the new book put them.

Debating between 15 and 20 for max warband size, though I feel 15 is the right number.

Maximums M WS BS S T W I A LD
Tomb Prince 4 7 4 5 5 4 5 4 9
Liche Priest 4 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 8
Royal Guard 4 6 4 5 4 3 4 3 8

Tomb Princes and royal guard can take, strength, combat, and shooting skills.
Liche Priests can can Shooting and acedemic skills
Special Rules:
Undead: All undead cause fear and cannot be stunned
Heroes

Tomb Prince; 100 gold crowns to hire
You will have no more and no less than 1 Tomb Prince in your warband
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 4 3 4 4 1 3 1 8
Weapons/Armor: The Tomb Prince may have equipment from the Undead Equipment list.

Special Rules:

Leader: The Tomb Prince is the warband’s Leader and follows all the rules for Leaders.
Undead: The Tomb Prince is undead and follows all rules for the Undead.

Royal Guard; 65 gold crowns to hire
0-2
You may have as many as 2 Tomb Guard in your warband
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 4 3 4 4 1 3 1 8
Weapons/Armor: The Royal Guard may have equipment from the Undead Equipment list.

Special Rules:
Undead: The Royal Guard is undead and follows all rules for the Undead.
Liche Priest; 60 gold crowns to hire
You may have 1 Liche Priest
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 4 3 3 3 1 3 1 8
Weapons: Liche priests may have weapons from the undead list
Liche Priests may not wear armor.

Special Rules:

Skills of the ever living
Hardened Bone: The warriors bones act as armor, giving thw warrior +1 to his armor save
Unerring Eye: The warrior will possess the unerring accuracy of the ever living, they will ignore any penalties to shoot for long range, cover, movement, or multiple shots.
Unending assault: May only be taken by the leader. The leadership of the warband will count as 10 for routing tests. This will change to 8 once the warband is below 50% strength
Thick Skull: The warrior will only be taken out of action on a roll of a 6 (unless he was knocked down before wounded)

Henchmen

(In groups of 1-5)
0+ Skeleton Warriors; 20 gold crowns to hire
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 3 2 3 3 1 2 1 5
Weapons/Armor: Skeletons may have equipment from the Undead Equipment list.

Special Rules:

Mindless: Will ignore any "Lad's got talent" rolls (reroll)
Shambles: Skeletal warriors may not make double moves, however they can charge at double their movement
Undead: Skeletons are undead and follow all rules for the Undead.

0-5 Tomb Guard; 35 gold crowns to hire
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 4 3 4 4 1 3 1 6
Weapons/Armor: Tomb Guard may have equipment from the Undead Equipment list.

Special Rules:

Shambles: Tomb Guard may not make double moves, however they can charge at double their movement
Undead: Tomb Guard are undead and follow all rules for the Undead.

0-1 Giant Tomb Scorpian; 120 gold crowns to hire
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 4 4 5 4 3 4 3 7

Special Rules:

Poison Sting: On a roll of a 6 the scorpian will automatically wound, you may roll for criticals as normal, however you will still wound even on a 1.

Animal: Tomb Scorpians do not gain experience

Equipment
Weapons
*Tomb Blade- 40 gold
Perfect blade: The tomb blade is a sword that gives the wielder + 1 strength against any infantry model
Dagger- 1st free/2gc
Mace- 3gc
Axe- 5gc
Sword- 10gc
Halberd- 10gc
Spear- 10gc
Morning Star- 15gc
Great Weapon- 15 gc
Flail- 15gc
Bow- 10gc

Armor
Light Armor- 10gc
Shield- 5gc
*Guard Shield- 50gc
Large tower shield will grant the bearer 6+ armor, will also always grant the warrior cover
*Tomb Prince & Royal Guard Only.

Spells:

1. Resurrection:
Difficulty 7 (Add 1 difficulty to a maximum of 10 for every level the henchman has)
Resurrects 1 Skeletal Warrior model with the same stats, and equipment as one you lost earlier in battle.
2. Unleashed Death
Difficulty: 9
Range 18 inches. Hits a single model with d3 str 4 hits
3. Undying
Difficulty:8
Range 8 inches, target model will recieve a 5+ wardsave till the spell is cast again

4. Unearthly Visage
difficulty: 8
Lowers all leadership rolls withing 8 inches of the caster by 1

5. Death's advance

Difficulty:7
Move all skeletal warriors and tomb guard up to their movement. This may result in them being in combat. It will NOT count as a charge for going first however it will make combat begin in it's round

6. Cursed Skull
Difficulty:9
Extend a 10 inch line from the caster, any model touched must make a leadership test or it may not make ranged attacks or make charges

Feel free to critic, the tomb kings one I found online seemed far to broken for me to feel it was something I would wanna play with.
Back to top Go down
brokenv
Knight
Knight
brokenv

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Tomb King warband rules I made.   rules - Tomb King warband rules I made. Icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2012 - 12:33

amoronspeaking wrote:
Debating between 15 and 20 for max warband size, though I feel 15 is the right number.

15 for sure
amoronspeaking wrote:
Maximums M WS BS S T W I A LD
Tomb Prince 4 7 4 5 5 4 5 4 9
Liche Priest 4 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 8
Royal Guard 4 6 4 5 4 3 4 3 8
Toughness 5 with 4 wounds is high maximums, as only ogres, beastmen, possessed and vamps have that (or higher), and as a bag of bones I'm not sure they deserve it, but would also like to see max values for henchmen before criticizing too hard.

amoronspeaking wrote:
Tomb Princes and royal guard can take, strength, combat, and shooting skills.
Liche Priests can can Shooting and acedemic skills
Royal Guard?

amoronspeaking wrote:
Tomb Prince; 100 gold crowns to hire
You will have no more and no less than 1 Tomb Prince in your warband
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 4 3 4 4 1 3 1 8
Weapons/Armor: The Tomb Prince may have equipment from the Undead Equipment list.

Special Rules:
Leader: The Tomb Prince is the warband’s Leader and follows all the rules for Leaders.

bit expensive for a vampire (110) with -1WS, -1W, -2 I, -1A and no special vampire stuff

amoronspeaking wrote:
Royal Guard; 65 gold crowns to hire
0-2
You may have as many as 2 Tomb Guard in your warband
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 4 3 4 4 1 3 1 8
Weapons/Armor: The Royal Guard may have equipment from the Undead Equipment list.

Special Rules:
Undead: The Royal Guard is undead and follows all rules for the Undead.

Same stats and -35 crowns?

amoronspeaking wrote:
Liche Priest; 60 gold crowns to hire
You may have 1 Liche Priest
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 4 3 3 3 1 3 1 8
Weapons: Liche priests may have weapons from the undead list
Liche Priests may not wear armor.

Special Rules:

WS and not BS for a dude with shooting skills and no combat/strength skills?

amoronspeaking wrote:
Skills of the ever living
Hardened Bone: The warriors bones act as armor, giving thw warrior +1 to his armor save
Unerring Eye: The warrior will possess the unerring accuracy of the ever living, they will ignore any penalties to shoot for long range, cover, movement, or multiple shots.
Unending assault: May only be taken by the leader. The leadership of the warband will count as 10 for routing tests. This will change to 8 once the warband is below 50% strength
Thick Skull: The warrior will only be taken out of action on a roll of a 6 (unless he was knocked down before wounded)

are these for all heroes or just some heroes? Unerring Eye seems a bit broken early in a campaign, essentially giving your heroes a 3+ hit with bows. I'd say it would balance in the long run, as bows hardly hurt after a while, and letting them cause some havoc early on with your heroes could be fun. Unending assault seems poopy, as if your leader gets a bump to 9 (his max), this skill screws him a bit. I'd rework it a bit to something else. Thick Skull is essentially 1-5 knocked down and 6 OOA, which is crazy imo, and you don't roll injury on knocked down attacks, unless you mean if someone shoots the knocked down warrior they are taken OOA as normal. I'm not crazy about any of these skills at all really.

amoronspeaking wrote:
Henchmen

(In groups of 1-5)
0+ Skeleton Warriors; 20 gold crowns to hire
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 3 2 3 3 1 2 1 5

Special Rules:

Mindless: Will ignore any "Lad's got talent" rolls (reroll)
Shambles: Skeletal warriors may not make double moves, however they can charge at double their movement
Undead: Skeletons are undead and follow all rules for the Undead.

Usually mindless means they ignore experience, but whatevs. Shambles is the same as undead rules, so don't need to double up.

amoronspeaking wrote:
0-5 Tomb Guard; 35 gold crowns to hire
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 4 3 4 4 1 3 1 6
Weapons/Armor: Tomb Guard may have equipment from the Undead Equipment list.

Special Rules:

Shambles: Tomb Guard may not make double moves, however they can charge at double their movement
Undead: Tomb Guard are undead and follow all rules for the Undead.

35 gold for S4T4WS4?? that's crazy cheap for super zombies with weapons

amoronspeaking wrote:
0-1 Giant Tomb Scorpian; 120 gold crowns to hire
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 4 4 5 4 3 4 3 7

Special Rules:

Poison Sting: On a roll of a 6 the scorpian will automatically wound, you may roll for criticals as normal, however you will still wound even on a 1.

Animal: Tomb Scorpians do not gain experience

equipped off the undead list? the animal? also, Poison typically works as stronger against humanoids, weaker against undead, although magically black lotus-infused scorpion stingers arent completely rediculous, but the cost is a bit. For 10gc more than a vampire you get not only inexplicable BS, but also +1S, +1W, +1A and permanent Black Lotus on all those attacks.

I'd fix the stats to make more movement, 0 BS, and 2 Attacks with Poison Sting changed to an additional S6 attack that hits undead for S4. I'd also add 30 or 40gc to the list and make some limit on it (most big dudes get Large, Stupid or a Trainer or something to achilles heal it). At the very least make it Large.

amoronspeaking wrote:
Equipment
Weapons
*Tomb Blade- 40 gold
Perfect blade: The tomb blade is a sword that gives the wielder + 1 strength against any infantry model
Dagger- 1st free/2gc
Mace- 3gc
Axe- 5gc
Sword- 10gc
Halberd- 10gc
Spear- 10gc
Morning Star- 15gc
Great Weapon- 15 gc
Flail- 15gc
Bow- 10gc

Armor
Light Armor- 10gc
Shield- 5gc
*Guard Shield- 50gc
Large tower shield will grant the bearer 6+ armor, will also always grant the warrior cover
*Tomb Prince & Royal Guard Only.

You should add a rare roll and a +gc amount to the tomb blade (that I think is OP in a warband with high S max values) and the Guard Shield.

amoronspeaking wrote:
Spells:

1. Resurrection:
Difficulty 7 (Add 1 difficulty to a maximum of 10 for every level the henchman has)
Resurrects 1 Skeletal Warrior model with the same stats, and equipment as one you lost earlier in battle.
2. Unleashed Death
Difficulty: 9
Range 18 inches. Hits a single model with d3 str 4 hits
3. Undying
Difficulty:8
Range 8 inches, target model will recieve a 5+ wardsave till the spell is cast again

4. Unearthly Visage
difficulty: 8
Lowers all leadership rolls withing 8 inches of the caster by 1

5. Death's advance

Difficulty:7
Move all skeletal warriors and tomb guard up to their movement. This may result in them being in combat. It will NOT count as a charge for going first however it will make combat begin in it's round

6. Cursed Skull
Difficulty:9
Extend a 10 inch line from the caster, any model touched must make a leadership test or it may not make ranged attacks or make charges

I'd change ressurection and skellitons so they have no experience, and the spell reads "raise a new skelliton warrior from the ground to fight for you. The skelliton appears within 4" of the liche priest and cannot appear in hand-to-hand combat. You can only cast this spell successfully if a Skelliton was taken OOA since the last time the Liche Priest cast a spell."
Unleashed death is good and well balanced.
Undying is a bit meh, I'd trash all your skills and give the +1 save to the warband as a spell that maintains until you roll a 1 on recovery, and D9 to cast.
Unearthly visage is likewise Meh, and better as a rework of your skill to "Temporarily transfer up to 2 Leadership points from the priest to the leader, up to a maximum of 10 and minimum of 2 Leadership. This spell is broken when either the priest or the leader is knocked down or OOA, Difficulty 7
Death's advance is basically letting you get out of having a slow warband, which is your balance in warband design, so I hate it as a spell, especially as a Difficulty of 7. I'd limit it at the very least to within a distance of the priest, or that you can successively cast the spell multiple times and limit it to effecting one warband member at a time. For example "move a single skelliton warrior up to their total movement, allowing them to come into base combat as a charge, but not affording them the strike first bonus of charging. If you successfully cast this spell, you may re-cast this spell on a different skelliton that has not moved yet this phase at +1 difficulty."
Cursed Skull needs some editing I think. Is it a 1" wide line? Does it include his own warband/allies? Denying a charge gets weird when they are less than move distance away and can walk up to 1mm away. Changing it to either more distance or a circle around him and limiting it to just shooting may be better imo.

All around fun, but costs and some discrepencies make me wanna see a edit before I'd consider playing them.
Back to top Go down
http://mordheimact.tabletopgeeks.com/
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Tomb King warband rules I made.   rules - Tomb King warband rules I made. Icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2012 - 16:57

I think that the fact that they cannot march due to Shambling makes up for their relatively cheap cost. They only get one way to move faster, and that is the spell Death's Advance. Chances are, a shooting warband will have an easier time against them, just like with the vanilla Undead warbands.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
amoronspeaking
Youngblood
Youngblood
amoronspeaking

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Tomb King warband rules I made.   rules - Tomb King warband rules I made. Icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2012 - 18:51

(it appears i uploaded the one without the minor tweaks originally with the modifications I got from the local players)

the cheaper cost of the tomb guard skeletons and whatnot is supposed to be countered by the lack of movement allowing the enemy to generally decide when and how the battle will take place.

The tomb Scorpian equipment was a typo Razz forgot to remove that. Also I wish the whole format would have remained, sorry for the hardness to read. On the same note, BS was something I swear i removed thanks to spectre's catch on why it had any in the first place lol. Again silly me. I ran statistics on it, maybe I am wrong but it seems much less powerful than most and unlike some large creatures it doesn't have the ability to easily ignore heavy fire. While a vampire will have armor, or skills available to it this model has a toughness of 4, which means a crossbow wounds it on a 4. Nothing left to protect it. Perhaps I am wrong, and i did think about raising it's price to 150 gc honestly.
Large target was also left off in this edition (pre my changes thanks to some local game players)

I believe the costs of the heroes lie somewhat in their high maximums.
With that said a Tomb Guard maximums would be lower. (also meant for those to be toughness 3... i may have posted my original instead of mildly modified copy here... my apologies)
M:4 WS:5 BS:4 S:5 T:4 W:3 I:4 A:3 ld:7

As for the tomb blade, I would assume rare 11 would be a good number? Funny enough two other people I showed that too thought it was actually overpriced.
Also will be adding a rare 10 cost on the Guard shield

For the undead rules generally saying they can't march? I didn't realize that it was a general rule. Perhaps I missed that or the pdf with all the rules I have read was a touch... disoriented.

to the spells. So everything I read stated when making a warband you should have some weaker and some more powerful spells available.

Reading the lore of the Tomb kings I felt the skeletons of the tomb kings are supposed to be a step above those of other warbands. Thusly having the ability to get better. Never insanely better however, never being able to gain a hero spot. I

Was actually thinking of reworking undying to the skill that only knocked you out on a 6, I appreciate the feedback Razz

Death's advance will be changed to read it only affecting one model within 18 inches and LoS
Also it should not be able to make it in hand to hand, you're right I didn't think about that

I think I will completely rework the final spell. I'll post up a modified rule set for these tonight to get further feedback
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomb King warband rules I made.   rules - Tomb King warband rules I made. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tomb King warband rules I made.
Page 1 of 1