Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Flowers...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arahain
Hero
Hero
Arahain

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Flowers... Empty
PostSubject: Flowers...   Flowers... Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2012 - 9:20

So I recently purchased the Garden of Morr set from GW, with the intent to use it as a Mordheim scenery, but alas I encountered a small niggle of a problem (or well, to someone like me...)

Gardens of Moor traditionally have black roses on them, and the model shows these, now I was wondering, would they actually be able to grow in the wyrdstone infested ruins of Mordheim? Would they be corrupted in some way?

I don't know, seems kinda silly really but figured this was the place to ask!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Flowers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flowers...   Flowers... Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2012 - 9:53

Tom's Forum is The Mecca for silly questions. What a Face From the Towne Crier's article on the Steinhart Memorial Gardens, things floral grew quite well if decidedly twisted in Mordheim...the 100' animated oak by the West Gate is a prime example. clown
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

Flowers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flowers...   Flowers... Icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012 - 7:17

Well, in my group we are planning our gaming table these days, and we have the garden of Morr on the shopping list Smile along with some not dead trees, hedges and bushes. The way i see it vegetation is a great way to show the decay of a ruined city.
Mordheim is huge and the part you build could be outskirts, and quite far from the Pit Smile also i would say it depends on the chosen time setting. We want to create a table representing the city just after the meteor strike.
If you want it to look like the city was destroyed a while ago, id say visible corruption where the way to go Smile
Also, if you dont want vegetation on your board, apart from the deco in the graveyard is say the mystic feel tells its own story. "Aye... These are the only things that will grow in this damned place" Smile
Back to top Go down
Arahain
Hero
Hero
Arahain

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Flowers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flowers...   Flowers... Icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012 - 10:55

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I found the town cryer Nala suggested and will be reading that passage Smile (with thanks to brokenv for the TC's)

I like your idea's too Stronzo, I had a few thoughts of it myself, maybe either that the flowers became 'petrified' and turned to stone, or were corrupted in some way. Though I'm unsure as to how I'd paint/convert them to represent some warping.

I think Morr would have some sort of say over the flowers aswell, as supposedly they are 'his' flower from what I can tell, so maybe they would grow unblemished...

I like the idea of decayed vegetation, can sort of see how i'd paint that...

Argh! Decisions >_<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flowers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flowers...   Flowers... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flowers...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Scenery and Terrain-
Jump to: