Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Help on where to go next

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: none

Help on where to go next Empty
PostSubject: Help on where to go next   Help on where to go next Icon_minitimeWed 9 May 2012 - 0:29

So my current Warband is like this:
12 gold crowns, Repeater Crossbow (and I got the straggler bonus)

Warband rating 105

Heroes:
Captain with a crossbow and a mace

Champion with halberd and helmet, blinded in one eye and toughness 4

Champion with halberd and helmet

youngblood with a buckler, mace and helmet, 2 wounds and he's gonna miss the next game due to an arm wound

youngblood with a buckler, mace and helmet

Warrior with a mace and a sword and step aside skill

Henchmen:
3 marksmen with crossbows and maces, and BS5 (separate groups)

Warrior with a mace and a sword

I've played two games (lost both Sad )and I was wondering what should I do next.
Also is the repeater crossbow worth it or should I sell it? I was also thinking of getting a pistol for the warrior hero, or something else nice since he got promoted. Also I was thinking of maybe getting a war hound.
I realize I don't know much about which equipment is good and what isn't.
Except that armour is useless.
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Help on where to go next   Help on where to go next Icon_minitimeWed 9 May 2012 - 6:38

If I was you, I'd hang on to the repeater just in case you get one of your heroes a skill with "weapons expert" so he can use it. I'd also invest in some Rope & Hooks for your shooters. It's nice to re-roll climbing tests to get your crossbowmen where they need to be quickly. Also, a Lucky Charm is another good way to go, since it provides a decent save against the first hit you take.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Help on where to go next   Help on where to go next Icon_minitimeWed 9 May 2012 - 9:14

The repeater isn't that good, but its a funny weapon Wink
I agree with spectre, however remember that only heroes can use misc equipment like robe & hook and lucky charm.
Id say, either give that favourite hero of yours a lucky charm or put a helmet on the talented lad.
Since you have fairly powerful shooting id suggest that you stand back a bit in your next game and try to get all your heroes through with out going out of action (doesn't matter if you win, you just need a money boost) and then get 2 more marksmen (in one of the high bs groups).
that way you will have 6 guys raining bolts on the enemy while your 6 melee dudes clean out the remains and grab the objective. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Help on where to go next   Help on where to go next Icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012 - 17:52

Alright thanks for the advice.
I played a game against possessed last weekend, and it went rather well actually.
Well until his possessed came and knocked my captain out of it.
So I lost due to routing and not noticing my opponent had only brought 8 members and he should have taken the rout test before me.
Anyway, despite three knock-outs I didn't lose anyone, in fact my whole warband gets to fight in the next game, something that hasn't happened to me since my first game.
I managed to buy another crossbowman and a lucky trinket for my captain, and a helmet for the warrior.
The other champion got s4, and I'm thinking of giving him a spear and a buckler.
My captain is now Ld9.
Back to top Go down
Dribble Joy
Veteran
Veteran
Dribble Joy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Help on where to go next   Help on where to go next Icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012 - 20:01

Bear in mind that a spear is only really any use if you have a high initiative. You strike first on the charge anyway and if you get charged then the fight will go on initiative order - so not much use against high Int warbands.
Back to top Go down
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Help on where to go next   Help on where to go next Icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012 - 21:45

Dribble Joy wrote:
Bear in mind that a spear is only really any use if you have a high initiative. You strike first on the charge anyway and if you get charged then the fight will go on initiative order - so not much use against high Int warbands.
Didn't spear grant you ASF?
So if you get charged you still get to strike first, which I though was the whole idea of having spears.
E: rules go exactly like this: Strike first: a warrior with a spear strikes first in the first turn of hand-to-hand combat
Iniative isn't mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Help on where to go next   Help on where to go next Icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012 - 23:18

Dribble Joy is right. The strike first rules have been changed after the release of the printed rulebook :/
Back to top Go down
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Help on where to go next   Help on where to go next Icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012 - 23:20

Stronzo wrote:
Dribble Joy is right. The strike first rules have been changed after the release of the printed rulebook :/
Huh?
It's on the PDF document on GW's site!
I believe this is the ruleset that my club uses.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Mulcayhee
Captain
Captain
Sgt. Mulcayhee

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Help on where to go next   Help on where to go next Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 5:54

Nasse wrote:
Stronzo wrote:
Huh?
It's on the PDF document on GW's site!
I believe this is the ruleset that my club uses.

The change in the rulebook made it a two-handed weapon (Unwieldy) - Current rules

Originally Spear was a single handed weapon.
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Help on where to go next   Help on where to go next Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 6:19

Okay, as I understand it, the rules for ASF are as follows: Any charger gets to Strike First, but anyone armed with a spear that is charged ALSO gets ASF. The rules state that if both enemies get ASF then they strike in Initiative order, and that was what Dribble Joy was referring to. Spears also have the "Unwieldy" special rule, meaning that they can be combined with a shield, but do not count as a single-handed weapon (ie, you cannot arm a model with 2 spears and get an additional attack with ASF).
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Help on where to go next   Help on where to go next Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 7:33

Spectre76 wrote:
Okay, as I understand it, the rules for ASF are as follows: Any charger gets to Strike First, but anyone armed with a spear that is charged ALSO gets ASF. The rules state that if both enemies get ASF then they strike in Initiative order, and that was what Dribble Joy was referring to. Spears also have the "Unwieldy" special rule, meaning that they can be combined with a shield, but do not count as a single-handed weapon (ie, you cannot arm a model with 2 spears and get an additional attack with ASF).
d'oh! How stupid of me, of course. (the unwieldy allows you to use a buckler too, by the way)
Back to top Go down
Dribble Joy
Veteran
Veteran
Dribble Joy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Help on where to go next   Help on where to go next Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 16:41

Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear.

Also, you can't 'stack' ASF. If you charge a model with a spear with a model that has a spear, the charger does not strike first over the other - It's still resolved at Int order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help on where to go next   Help on where to go next Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help on where to go next
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: