Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]

Go down 
+5
Spectre76
floedebolle
DeafNala
Von Kurst
Shinobi_8745
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shinobi_8745
Hero
Hero
Shinobi_8745

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Empty
PostSubject: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012 - 23:08

Recently got back into Mordheim again due to some serious stress problems with both life and work, and Mordheim seemed to be able to calm me down quite the bit.

I picked up some Possessed minis I built a long time ago and started painting them with some speedpainting techniques, I just wanted them finished for a campaign we're preparing for this summer at my local gaming club.

Anyways, enough talking, more pictures!

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Grouppossessed
The gang as a whole.

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Magisterfamilliar
My Magister and his Wardo- err... Familliar.

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Mutant2
Mutant with Spear and Tentacle.

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Mutant
Other Mutant with Sword, Shield, Light Armor and Scorpion Tail.

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Possessed3
Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Possessed2
Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Possessed1
Possessed with Extra Arm.

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Possessed4
Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Possessed5
Possessed with Tentacle.

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Darksouls
Darksouls with Axe and Heavy Armor.

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Brethrenbow
Brethren with Sword and Bow.

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Beastmen
Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Beastmenback
Beastmen, 3 individual Groups.

My Magister recently rolled double 1 on the "Rewards of the Shadow Lord" table, so my Beastman without a helmet is the current leader... And I'm doing what I can to get him killed so one of my possessed will take over as the main leader.
I'm not so fond of a Beastman leading the lads, but I can't kick him out as I don't do that kind of stuff. Wink

The Magister used to be a secret worshipper of Tzeentch too, and I guess that's why the Shadow Lord did what he did against him for not showing proper fealthy... But I did manage to turn a handful of enemy heroes into mutants while he still walked amongst the warband with the Fires of Tzeentch spell from Town Cryer 14.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2012 - 15:28

The photos are a little dark, but that is fitting for a warband that follows Chaos. Nice colors and kit bashing.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2012 - 18:03

Sorry to here about the intrusion of Cruel Reality in your life; it did lead you back to being creative, so I guess some good came out of it all...more or less. At any rate the Lads(?) look FANTASTIC...some very imaginative pieces in the mix & all nicely painted. WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2012 - 21:57

Nice convertions, and a extraordinary paintjob here.Show us some more!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Hero
Hero
Shinobi_8745

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 17:05

Von Kurst: Indeed, the images are dark, the Shadow Lord craves it for his followers.
Honestly I think it's because my computer tricks me when I upload the pictures to it, too bright contrast I s'pose~
I usually play "Spot the bitz" with my gaming buddies regarding my Darksouls, it's a fun game for sure!

DeafNala: What can I say, it's the circle of life? pirat
Many thanks!

floedebolle: Thanks!
I'd love to, and might do so closer to the weekend.
Won't be models for this particular Warband, but for my newest Cult of the Possessed, consisting mostly of cultists in the beginning. Wink
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:59

These pics look GREAT. I love all the kit-bashing and use of all sorts of parts to make the mutants and possessed. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Shinobi_8745
Hero
Hero
Shinobi_8745

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeWed 2 May 2012 - 12:17

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] 1edd3649-1

This mutant belongs to another Possessed Warband I'm working on, which focuses more on the cultist followers than the actual combat strength of the warband.

The name of the mutant is Facilier, name taken from a Disney villain, and that he does share with the rest of the warband, names from Disney villains.

The cultists will be pretty dull however, using normal bodies from the flaggelant boxes, adding a few hooded heads from the wood elves box and other hair/hat/beardless heads from some empire boxes, the only real chaos-y feeling on them will be the Marauder shields they will carry, not effective but they do give a nice feel to the models anyhow.

The warband leader is Lord Frollo, magister and cultist leader, formerly a son of a wealthy Reiklander merchant, killed in a ritual on the son's 25th birthday. Frollo is followed by his two mutants Gaston and Facilier, who were both citizens of Mordheim as the comet struck down, being some of the few survivors, but left horribly "scarred" in the form of mutation.

I recently added a Possessed hero to the warband, named Calborog from the Fantasia movie, a name fit for a Daemonic being from the Disney movies.

I've had a fair share of henchmen rising up to heroes, only to later fall in battle, some names being Lady Tremaine, Lyle, and my current living one with 2 names from Disney characters, Ratigan Ratcliffe (though there is no ratty thing about him).

More pictures of the other's should show up the coming days if my brushes amd painging spirit allows it.

Edit: Oooops... forgot to re-size the image...
Edit2: Photobucket won't let me~

Last edited by Shinobi_8745 on Wed 2 May 2012 - 14:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeWed 2 May 2012 - 12:31

PRETTY COOL! Nice conversion & brush work. I'll admit I haven't figured out what the blue portion of his face is meant to be..whatever it is, it is suitably disturbing. WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Hero
Hero
Shinobi_8745

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeWed 2 May 2012 - 12:40

I like to imagine it as either a piece of a mask to hide his scarred face or maybe part of his -cough- chaos armor he might receive, being a small piece of armor that reacts on incoming attacks, "growing out" to cover the part of his body that is taking the blow when incoming attacks are on its way, a bad excuse perhaps, but it works for me. Wink

Last edited by Shinobi_8745 on Wed 2 May 2012 - 13:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeWed 2 May 2012 - 12:46

Thanks for the explanation & not taking the query as a criticism. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the Brethren. What a Face

BTW don't worry about the resizing; the photo isn't overly large.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeWed 2 May 2012 - 14:07

Simple but effective. Love the Disney names.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeThu 3 May 2012 - 9:06

Good shading on the cultist. The blue stuff on his face looks strange, but in a fitting way, creepy and chaotic.
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Hero
Hero
Shinobi_8745

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeThu 3 May 2012 - 23:42

Thanks~

Painted 2 more minis today, for some reason I'm not as pleased with them as I was with the test mini, but I'm still satisfied with the outcome.

I finished Lord Frollo and Scar, my hero Darksoul.

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] D356950a

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] B3a1e933

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Ff7de1d7

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] 35a0123d

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] 19c7a730

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] 21e67bc4

That's it for today, I'll try to paing more on these during the weekend once I bring all the painting stuff home from the local gaming club where I usually hang out to paint nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeFri 4 May 2012 - 4:31

I love how versitile the plastic kits are. The archers have been my favorite for years but I never thought of using them for a chaos warband. What aren't you happy with? They look fine to these old eyes.
Back to top Go down
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Elder
Elder
Katsuhiko JiNNai

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeFri 4 May 2012 - 11:38

Nice warband, it has personality Smile
Back to top Go down
http://therealmofjinnai.blogspot.it/
Shinobi_8745
Hero
Hero
Shinobi_8745

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeFri 4 May 2012 - 12:36

Thanks~

I don't really know what makes me less happy with them... I just can't put my finger on it, but I guess it could just be my usual "favoritism" for my test miniatures.

I've had the very same thought of the archer kit, you can alost build ANYTHING from it. Once I get ahold of another one I'm starting Kislev, as some of the hunter's hats look a bit like theirs, and combined with a few free company blitz should be enough to create me a plastic Kislev warband.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeFri 4 May 2012 - 12:58

VERY WELL DONE! Both pieces look TERRIFIC to moi...clever mix of parts & the blue flame is a nice eldritch touch. thumbsup

There are occasions that I feel disappointed with a new piece also. When viewed again after awhile the pieces start looking better. clown
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeTue 8 May 2012 - 10:45

Lovely... one of the best scratchbuild possessed i've seen sofar!
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Hero
Hero
Shinobi_8745

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 6:22

Finished all the cultists now.

May I present the rest of my Warband... Cult of the Bloodshields...

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] F2843a02

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] 93d71e3c

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] A34b083a

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Bc72f1da

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] 21ce327b

And the whole Warband.

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] A547e84a
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 13:10

VERY EVIL LOOKING; individually & as a group, they are quite striking...isn't the Big Guy with the blue tongue a member of Kiss? VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Hero
Hero
Shinobi_8745

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 15:24

Thanks DeafNala, and your eyes have not deceived you!
You're actually not alone with that comment, so he has gotten the nickname Gene Simmons apart from his Disney name.

And just as I put the pencil down I found myself an old Daemonette from 88 or 87, same with a Beastman with a bow (and only one goat leg), as well as a Chaos Sorcerer model named Maalicia Ironhoof.

These, along with some old metal Ungors with spear and 3 old metal Gors I'm starting yet another Possessed warband, using the logic that Brethren stats works as they are much like Ungors way back (or so I've been told).

So no Possessed in this warband, only chittering Ungors, Gors, maybe Darksouls if I get my hands on Chaos Warriors from the 80's.

But if there is a suiting model from the ages past that could go as a Possessed, let me know!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 15:56

There was one old Citadel mini of a Hero turned Chaos Spawn that would make a cool Possessed...now if I can only remember his name you'd have something to blow your life savings on. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Hero
Hero
Shinobi_8745

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 16:14

When you do remember it, don't hesitate to let me know!

I did find one model I also want to use as a possessed, or perhaps a mutant in another future warband, being an old mutant chaos dwarf with a burgle tentacle.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=190674124319

I'll start terror-bid it once it's only a couple of hours left.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 16:54

I'll look for the Citadel Journal I saw the mini in later today.
BTW when I get a notice in my e-mail that there's an update in your thread, it reads Chaos & Disco...I keep picturing a Saturday Night Fever inspired War Band...now there's something REALLY frightening affraid . Suspect
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 18:34

The whole cult looks amazing! Lord Frollo is my personal favorite, but they all look great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]   Chaos and Discord [pic heavy] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos and Discord [pic heavy]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next