Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Nurgle's Rot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Nurgle's Rot Empty
PostSubject: Nurgle's Rot   Nurgle's Rot Icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2012 - 18:24

I allways liked the Carnival of Chaos warband. but, untill recently, never played in a campaign that allowed them do to the fear of Nurgle's Rot. When i finally got to play them i realized that the Rot wasnt that overpowered, but is however really boring. This morning i talked about it with one of my freinds, who also played in the mentioned campaign and we decided to look into a different take on the Rot. After talking it over i came up with the following. Please feel free to comment Smile

Nurgle's Rot

The Tainted One is infected with the deadly pestilence of its lord - Nurgle's Rot. In addition, the tainted one is immune to all poisons. Nurgle's Rot is a deadly contagion for witch there is no known cure. This virulent diseasecan be passed on i hand-to-hand combat. if the Tainted One makes a successful to hit roll of 6 this will result in the target model contracting the Rot (note: Nurgle's Rot only affects the living, so Undead, Daemons and the Possessed are unaffected, the same goes for all members of any Carnival og Chaos warband). Once a warrior has contracted the Rot, mark this on the warband roster. Rather then killing the victim immediately, the Rot can take some time to set in. From now on , before the start of each battle, the warrior must roll 2d6 on the following table:

2: Child of the great father Nurgle.
The warband wakes and find that the warrior has died in his sleep. huge Warts and boils cover his body and before they can burn the corpse a nasty creature, born of the Rot, emeges from the foulness and runs off into the sewers. Remove the warrior from the warband roster and add a Nurgling to the Carnival of Chaos warband responsible for the infection.

3: contagion.
The warrior has unwittingly passed the Rot on to another member of the warband (randomly allocate a warband member and mark this on the roster).

4-9: Not feeling good at all...
The warrior must pass a Toughness test. if suddessful, his constitution has mannaged to stave off the Rot's effects. If unsuccessful, the warrior loses one point one point of toughness permanently (if he reaches zero, he has succumed to the Rot ans died, remove him from the roster). In addition, if a 6 is rolled for the toughness test then he is feeling exceptionally ill and must miss the next game.

10: horrible side effects.
The warrior has gained a nasty side effekt of the Rot. Roll a d6. On the roll of 1 the model has gone mad from the fever, roll again just as if as if the warrior had rolle the Madness result on the serious injury chart (1-3 stupidity, 4-6 frenzy). On a roll of 2 the Rot has taken such a toll on the warriors health, that he's movement is reduced permenently by 1. On a roll of 3-5 the model suffers from intense muscle pains and physical injury is the least of his worries, add +1 to the warriors toughness. If a 6 is rolled the model has become so coverd with pus filled warts that the fighter can withstand additional punishment, add +1 to his wounds.
These changes can never take a charectaristic above racial maximum or below one.

11: Disease carrier.
The Rot has reached a level, so serious that the model have a chance to pass it on in hand-to-hand combat. Treat this as if the warrior had this very Blessing of Nurgle. If the warrior ever gets the "Cured!" result this effect is lost.

12: Cured!
The warrior has miraculusly shaken the Rot and no longer has to roll on this table (unless he is infected again in the future).

Cost: 35 Gold Crowns
Back to top Go down
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

Nurgle's Rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle's Rot   Nurgle's Rot Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012 - 4:37

Overall I like it. In my gaming group, we allowed Tears of Shallaya to cure Nurgle's Rot. It seemed like a fluffy solution to the problem.
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Nurgle's Rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle's Rot   Nurgle's Rot Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012 - 11:18

I concidered that aswell, however with a cure on the market the models causing Rot i merely a way to force your opponents to spend money.
The idear here is to make some guys want to stay around and take the chance rather then just being dropped by the side of the road. The chance to infect a fellow warrior is very small, and the fighter might get a possitive outcome. Smile

Hmm i just realized that "If a Henchmen has any changes to his profile this way, he is removed from the group. Add the warrior to a new group of henchmen. You can never buy new warriors for this new group" or something like that should proberly be added somewere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nurgle's Rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle's Rot   Nurgle's Rot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nurgle's Rot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: