Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Marienburg Warband

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

Trading Reputation : 0

marienburg - Marienburg Warband Empty
PostSubject: Marienburg Warband   marienburg - Marienburg Warband Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2012 - 4:09

Captain: 2x daggers, bow (72)
Champion: 2x daggers, bow (47)
Champion: 2x daggers, bow (47)
Youngblood: 2x daggers (17)
Youngblood: 2x daggers (17)
5x Warriors: 2x daggers (135)
4x Warriors: 2x daggers (108)
1x Marksman: 2x daggers, blunderbuss (57)
Imperial Assassin: (40)
Tilean Marksman: (30)
Elf Ranger: (40)
Total: 570 (30gc saved for emergency mercenary pay)

Total Models: 18!
Rating: 161!

The basic idea is that eventually I'll have 15 models all armed with bows, backed up by the two best shooters in the game. The Imperial Assassin is there for his str 5 crossbow pistol, and because his skills seem really great. From my experience, elf rangers and marksmen are huge targets for enemy players because of the danger they cause, which should keep the heat off my heroes. For tactics, a huge mob of knife wielding guys charges at the enemy. The blunderbuss is there incase the enemy mobs up to counter them. The heroes stay somewhat back, taking pot-shots as need be and simply staying out of trouble, while the mercenaries do the heavy lifting of fire support.

Overall, what do you think?

Back to top Go down
TheEnemyWithin
Veteran
Veteran
TheEnemyWithin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Marienburg Warband   marienburg - Marienburg Warband Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2012 - 8:48

Could be interesting, I would just be concerned about your incomings and outgoings in terms of your available gold though. Starting with three hired swords will more often than not leave you with little to no spare money to buy replacement warriors or buy equipment for existing ones, I mean the upkeep of the elf is 20, marksmen is 15 and assassin is 20 as well, that's 55gc after each match you have to spend on upkeep. Considering the average income of a normal warband is between 60-70gold per match...well the numbers speak for themselves really ^^'

But the idea of a super shooty warband isn't all that bad, but if you want a warband that is all about the bows and ranged attack, why no try out the Stirwood Forest list? They are pretty much robin hood and his merry men, everybody has bows and most have BS4 to start with (crucial with henchmen since you can only upgrade each stat once) and you can buy hunting arrows straight out of the gate, which is a huge benefit. You can see the list at...

http://www.mordheimer.com/warbands/unofficial/the_outlaws.htm

It was released in one of the Town Cryers, so it's fairly official.
Back to top Go down
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

PostSubject: Re: Marienburg Warband   marienburg - Marienburg Warband Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2012 - 15:13

A good idea, and judging from the fact that I only plan to go bows it should fit much better. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shelena
Champion
Champion
Shelena

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Marienburg Warband   marienburg - Marienburg Warband Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr 2012 - 14:36

I'm thinking, I like the underdog bonus :p - my Marienburgers start with 81 in warband rating...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marienburg Warband   marienburg - Marienburg Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marienburg Warband
Page 1 of 1