Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Town Cryer 5

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gherma
Hero
Hero
Gherma

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Chaos Dwarfs (BTB) Chaos Dwarfs (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Town Cryer 5 Empty
PostSubject: Town Cryer 5   Town Cryer 5 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012 - 0:35

Reading the index of the town cryer's articles I found that in the issue n°5 there is an article about the middenheim berserker and the vampire necromancer and I'm very interested in it, but the n°5 is almost the only issue that is unable to download.
Someone have it or have some information about this two "characters"?

Gherma
Back to top Go down
Phantasmal_fiend
General
General
Phantasmal_fiend

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

Town Cryer 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Cryer 5   Town Cryer 5 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012 - 3:20

No just multiplayer scenarios as per the annual and a battle report in No 5, to create a middenheim berserker just strip one of your heroes of armor and give them mad cap mushrooms, to make a vampire necromancer give your vampire books of the dead or the skill embrace
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Town Cryer 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Cryer 5   Town Cryer 5 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012 - 9:51

Can't locate my Town Cryers at the moment, but I do remember a line in the introductory piece for one of the ealry issues - written by Tuomas P. himself - about the Middenheim berserker. Basically, it was just allowing one of your champions to have frenzy when the warband was created. That would be a mixed blessing I would have thought.
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Hero
Hero
Gherma

Personal Info

Town Cryer 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Cryer 5   Town Cryer 5 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012 - 12:02

Big delusion... how can a player have a vampire necromancer when the book of the dead cost 200+d6x25 gold crowns?! More than 300 pt of item when in the letters of the damned the necrarc vampire. for the same cost of a normal vampire, lose 1 in BS and WS and is a necromancer!

Where I can find the skill embrace?

Gherma
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

Town Cryer 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Cryer 5   Town Cryer 5 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012 - 16:09

Quote :
Can't locate my Town Cryers at the moment, but I do remember a line in the introductory piece for one of the ealry issues - written by Tuomas P. himself - about the Middenheim berserker. Basically, it was just allowing one of your champions to have frenzy when the warband was created. That would be a mixed blessing I would have thought.

Yes, its in TC5, Ye Editor Speaks that Tuomas suggests that Middenheimers be allowed the berserker and that a vampire that obtains an Tome of Magic and the Arcane Lore skill be allowed to learn Necromantic Magic instead of Lesser Magic. Not a starting unit or anything, a change to the progression of a vampire.
Back to top Go down
Phantasmal_fiend
General
General
Phantasmal_fiend

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

Town Cryer 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Cryer 5   Town Cryer 5 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012 - 20:53

vampire skills for embrace watch out its slightly OP but after a few hundred games any warband becomes obscene
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Hero
Hero
Gherma

Personal Info

Town Cryer 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Cryer 5   Town Cryer 5 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012 - 22:47

But this embrace skill is non an official skill... in that site i found a lot of overpowered/stupid rules
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Town Cryer 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Cryer 5   Town Cryer 5 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2012 - 3:23

No it is not an official skill. You just asked where it could be found. The rulebook and errata on the Games Workshop site covers the official rules. Everything else is negotiable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Town Cryer 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Cryer 5   Town Cryer 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Town Cryer 5
Page 1 of 1