Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Undead warband - what is categorized as undead?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

undead - Undead warband - what is categorized as undead? Empty
PostSubject: Undead warband - what is categorized as undead?   undead - Undead warband - what is categorized as undead? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 10:57

Hey everyone!

I have a question which has been bugging me here the last few weeks. I'm currently playing an undead warband, and I'm a bit confused about the categorization of the undead type.

Initially I thought the vampire, the zombies and dire wolf are undead by definition, but how about ghouls? According to the rulebook, ghouls are actually crazed humans which have their own characteristic, but are they defined as undead as well? I makes sense to me that they are...

what do you guys think?

The reason to this wonder is concerned the Soulfire prayer that the priest of witch hunters and matriarch of sisters of sigmar can learn. Which models is affected and which are not?

This leads me to a second question... Does this spell affect all chaos as well, like mutants, beastmen and the leader of a possessed warband, and carnival of chaos(in this case which models?)

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
http://Zero2Hero.tabletopgeeks.com
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Undead warband - what is categorized as undead?   undead - Undead warband - what is categorized as undead? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 12:39

In the Undead warband from the core rulebook the vampire, zombies and dire wolves are undead. The ghouls, dregs and necromancer are not undead.

For your second question about chaos, yes I believe you are correct in your interpretation.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Undead warband - what is categorized as undead?   undead - Undead warband - what is categorized as undead? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 12:46

As I recall there was something of a ruling that went along the lines of all models in the undead warband with the No Pain rule counted as undead and in the Possessed warband the Magister, Possessed, Mutants, and Beastmen counted as Chaotic. Certainly that is what we use in my circle, but I couldn't tell you how much of that is house rule and how much is official.
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Undead warband - what is categorized as undead?   undead - Undead warband - what is categorized as undead? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 12:57

Agree with RationalLemming about what's undead and what's not.

For soulfire, I'd apply the Q&A ruling on blessed water/weapons:
Q&A wrote:
Blessed water and weapons only effect Undead that are dead! Since Dregs and Necromancers are human, they are not affected. The manual actually states that Zombies and Dire Wolves are undead, and therefore can be wounded. However it doesn’t say in the book that Vampires are Undead but naturally they are. As for Possessed – Magister, The Possessed, Dark Souls and Mutants are all affected.
Never seen anything covering CoC so, you'll have to work that one out for yourself and house rule it.

Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Undead warband - what is categorized as undead?   undead - Undead warband - what is categorized as undead? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 13:03

Thanks for your quick responses!

Hmm, so the bretheren in the Possessed warband and the bretheren of Carnival of chaos is not chaotic in respect to the spell?

I think we'll have to rule as the entire warband is chaotic and can be targetet by this spell... There is no reason why they would escape it since they are accompanied with chaos, then they may be chaotic in allignment...

Thanks guys! really helpful!
Back to top Go down
http://Zero2Hero.tabletopgeeks.com
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Undead warband - what is categorized as undead?   undead - Undead warband - what is categorized as undead? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 23:29

Zero2Hero-DK wrote:
Thanks for your quick responses!

Hmm, so the bretheren in the Possessed warband and the bretheren of Carnival of chaos is not chaotic in respect to the spell?

I think we'll have to rule as the entire warband is chaotic and can be targetet by this spell... There is no reason why they would escape it since they are accompanied with chaos, then they may be chaotic in allignment...

Thanks guys! really helpful!

They are chaoticly aligned but are like necromancers who are not affected by the spell even though they are undead aligned and converse with the undead / dabble in the dark arts.

@Citizen Sade...
I was looking for that Q&A so I'm glad you found it. thumbsup

CoC are definitely all affected so it wouldn't be aiffy house rule. I wouldn't even consider it a house rule.. The wording is simply the result that CoC didn't exist when the rules were written. Also affected I believe would be Beastmen shamans from the beastmen raiders warband, and warband members from other warbands such as tomb kings from Khemri or marauders with a mark from the marauders of chaos warband in Border Town Burning.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Undead warband - what is categorized as undead?   undead - Undead warband - what is categorized as undead? Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011 - 1:58

I guess this is a good point for my Southlands project. I should clarify which ones actually count as Chaotic for the Mu'au'ri... Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Undead warband - what is categorized as undead?   undead - Undead warband - what is categorized as undead? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Undead warband - what is categorized as undead?
Page 1 of 1