Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Le Cirque Noir

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
MasterofKatz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 8:57

Hello everybody! I'd like to share some photos of my Carnival of Chaos warband, the Cirque Noir. Painting and converting them I tried to give them a sinister look (inspired by the Red Triangle Circus Gang from Batman's Return) to represent their magical disguise instead of their usual, more nurglesque and diseased look.

Otis, my Carnival Master. It's reference spotting time again! Laughing

Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir007</A>" border="0" />

Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir006</A>" border="0" />

Otis' right hand, known as Chlamydius the Fool. This model is the only one that really looks "rotten"; I made this because obviously I had to take at least one model with the "Nurgle's Rot" skill!

Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir001</A>"

Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir002</A>"

Demeter, a brute, and his companion, the Nurgling Rude.

Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir010</A>" Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir009</A>" border="0" />

My other Tainted One with the "Cloud of Flies" skill, The Incredible Belonoghast, and a Brethren named Rotpox who cleverly disguise themselves as a travelling freakshow.

Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir003</A>"

Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir012</A>"

The brethren 666, showing some card tricks with the Tarot of Pestilence, and another Nurgling nicknamed Shy Guy who hides under the table.

Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=

Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir011</A>"

Angus Ichorbeard, the blind knife-thrower, and Wyrm, the pyromaniac. Two other brethren models.

Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir014</A>"

Two nameless brethren, known as the "Exclaimers".

Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir015</A>"

Igor Bobynski, rat dompteur, and his pet rat Mr. Shitty (still need to work on them... I noticed the lack of grass just after posting this pic Sad ).

Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir017</A>" Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir016</A>" border="0" />

Sigmar, Plague Bearer and main player of "The Emperor's true face".

Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir022</A>" Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir020</A>" border="0" />

Ares, my second brute. Didn't have enough crowns to put him or Sigmar in the starting warband though Crying or Very sad

Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir018</A>" Le Cirque Noir %3Ca%20href=Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir019</A>" border="0" />

I'm still not finished... Coming soon are Meatpie and Mimic, my two Clowns (possibly responsible for the M&M Murders, hrhrhr...), and I'm also working on a Warp Puppeteer (with Nurglings as devilish puppets... I stole this idea from someone around here, but can't remember who). A Plague Cart would be nice, too, but at the moment I don't have any idea what to use for it. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my pics and post lotsa comments. I really put some work into these sickos!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 12:23

VERY STRANGE but UBERCOOL stuff! I like your version of he Carnival much better than G.W's....Brethren 666 is a definite favorite with moi. WONDERFULLY imaginative pieces...VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup

NOTE: I did a little editing job to get the first batch of photos into a single post. Additional photos that you add to the thread can have their own posts, but normally we put photos posted at the same time into one post rather than have a separate post for each photo. Doing the editing was no problem at all...GREAT STUFF! What a Face
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitimeThu 3 Nov 2011 - 14:15

Interresting models with a grimy look! You've really used your imagination, and the result is a definetely unhinged looking gang.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011 - 17:00

Excellent warband! I first thought it was a voodoo cult, but no such luck Sad BUT it is an awesome fantastic gang! I really like the flyboy, and Sigmar is funtastic what a heretical use of His name Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011 - 19:50

A Vodoo Cult? That idea is just great! I'm gonna steal it from you if that's okay... Very Happy I can already imagine a character looking like Baron Samedi from "Live and let die" Very Happy

There are way too less black models anyway...
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011 - 19:59

go right ahead and steal it Wink I would love to see a voodoo cult done in old hollywood stile!

one day I might just steal the idea back, after I'm done with like a hundred other projects Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Ed
Captain
Captain
Ed

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011 - 14:16

Wicked!
Demented!
Just how the Carnival should be.
Very creative stuff.
Back to top Go down
kidterminal
Veteran
Veteran
kidterminal

Personal Info

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitimeMon 12 Dec 2011 - 20:57

That's a great carnival. GW carnival was never moe than an excuse for plaguebearers. I can't wait to see the clowns.
Back to top Go down
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec 2011 - 21:19

Thanks for all your nice comments, they really inspired me to overcome my laziness and post some new pictures again^^

First of all, as promised, my two clowns: Meatpie (left) and Mimic (right). I don't think it's visible on the photo, but Mimic's T-Shirt says "I <3 NURGLE".

Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir025</A>"

Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir027</A>"

Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir028</A>
Back to top Go down
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec 2011 - 21:31

Next, there are two additions to my warband after playing a little solo-campaign against myself (yes, I am THAT bored^^). The first of these additions is Sickboy, a Nurgling that acts as Otis' Familiar. He is quite useless at the moment because of Otis' total lack of magical talent (he is more into shooting... BS 6 and the Pistolier skill, woot!), but I really wanted to build a Familiar model for quite some time now, and I really enjoy painting books, playing cards and stuff like that.

Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir038</A>" Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir039</A>"

The next new model is my new sideshow freak, as The Incredible Belonoghast was captured and sacrificed by a Slaanesh gang after my last game. As a result, I needed a replacement for my "travelling freakshow" diorama and decided to make the new freak even uglier and much more disturbing, giving him the gift "Hideous" and naming him The Unspeakable Horror. Come closer if you dare, folks - One look two pennys!

Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir030</A>"

I'm sorry I forgot to take a shot of his "chocolate side" though. It consists mainly of tentacles.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec 2011 - 22:11

VERY COOL/DISTURBING! I love the way your imagination churns out these Little Horror Stories to accompany the Little Horrors. VERY WELL DONE! affraid thumbsup
Back to top Go down
kidterminal
Veteran
Veteran
kidterminal

Personal Info

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2011 - 2:20

I love the clowns. They are everything one could hope for. The new freak looks delightful.
Back to top Go down
MasterofKatz
Hero
Hero
MasterofKatz

Personal Info

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2011 - 21:34

Le Cirque Noir CirqueNoir040</A>"

Thanks and thanks and thanks again! You cannot guess how much my narcisstic self enjoys your comments! This groupshot goes out to any nice soul who took the time to read through this thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Le Cirque Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Cirque Noir   Le Cirque Noir Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Le Cirque Noir
Page 1 of 1