Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Thinking about putting together a supplement

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Thinking about putting together a supplement Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about putting together a supplement   Thinking about putting together a supplement Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011 - 4:44

So my group plays with so many modified rules, new/tweaked equipment, scenarios, dramatis personae, and warbands that i'm finding that its kind of difficult to present new warband ideas on here and other places since there isn't the proper context for them. So i'm thinking about bringing up the idea of making a supplement that compiles all of our rules and introduces more scenarios specific to it, so that if anyone would be at all interested in playing with our stuff, that it would all be in one, downloadable place.

My idea right now is "Mordheim: Year 52". That puts it directly after the death of Vlad Von Carstein, when there was a whole new power vacuum and time of civil turmoil in The Empire. This would be a time when the hunt for powerful wyrdstone would be almost as powerful as it was right after the meteor crashed, as once again all the provincial leaders are jockeying for power instead of fighting a common enemy. It could also (theoretically) account for all the foreign warbands we have, as we can try to justify them making it in since the borders of the empire were weakened during this time.

I guess in gaming terms, this sort of thing would really be more like a "sequel" to Mordheim instead of a setting supplement.

So what do you guys think? I would be looking for some help with it, since I'm the only member of my group who uses any of these sites or archives anything.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about putting together a supplement   Thinking about putting together a supplement Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011 - 17:21

The problem with this is that there are so many alternatives of use "this or this" that you could not compile it all in one place that would work for every one.
the best option is to compile based on your individual needs
or
start a push for a massive universal rule set that would replace the normal Mordheim rules where it is fixed; and that takes a lot of talking about and play testing. to get that done maybe compile with a small group of groups a set of rules changes to have each of your groups test then bring back your results together and talk about them.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about putting together a supplement   Thinking about putting together a supplement Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011 - 12:41

Rather than the Carsteins, what if you set it in 2300s, when Mordheim was raised by Magnus the Pious? It's the "Return to Mordheim". There's more wyrdstone, as the efforts to erase the city completely means that hidden pockets are unearthed. One last desperate stab to unearth wealth, before the dogs of the Empire destroy it forever.

You could even include optional Reiklanders that come in as a random event, to drive the moral-less bands away.

I'm too busy to write it up for you, but I'm always up for pitching ideas back and forth with you. Just try and stop me. pirat
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about putting together a supplement   Thinking about putting together a supplement Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011 - 23:27

I like the sound of it - if I'm honest, just having your house rules etc in one place will help meaningful contemplation of any warbands etc that you put up on here, so I say go for it Smile
Back to top Go down
Zartes
Hero
Hero
Zartes

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about putting together a supplement   Thinking about putting together a supplement Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011 - 3:30

Sounds like a potentially cool and useful concept. I know me and my friends could get some use out of it, at least the shift in focus as to which warbands are present. Vanilla Mordheim is sort of defined by the Possessed and the Skaven and the two kinds of Sigmarites that come in the original book, but nobody in my gaming circle collects any of those warbands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about putting together a supplement   Thinking about putting together a supplement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about putting together a supplement
Page 1 of 1