Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

A fun / crazy warband to play

Go down 
+9
StyrofoamKing
mweaver
5pointer
qboid
xlins
BalrogTheBuff
Lambert
Gherma
siredge
13 posters
AuthorMessage
siredge
Captain
Captain
siredge

Trading Reputation : 0

A fun / crazy warband to play Empty
PostSubject: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011 - 18:08

So a friend of mine wants to find a warband that is super fun to play. He says he isnt to worried about winning (which neither am i unless its against my nemesis band the dark elves :p) he just want to have fun with his band.

I have been trying to think of a band that would be good for him and the only one i could think of was the carnival of chaos.

Does anyone have any other ideas out there?
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Hero
Hero
Gherma

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Chaos Dwarfs (BTB) Chaos Dwarfs (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011 - 19:24

Orks with a lot of Squigs
Back to top Go down
Lambert
Youngblood
Youngblood
Lambert

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011 - 19:31

I play orks and they are extremely fun mainly from animosity they can be trying to kill their teammates one minute and fly across the board at an enimy the next its hilarious. Also in the games i've played I almost always outnumber my opponent greatly i usually have about 14 members in my warband although i am thinking about shortening it to fit in a troll Smile
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011 - 19:44

Orcs really are the best for crazy and silly. Although I would suggest possibly the Savage Orc varient from Sartosa (on the pdf that has the pirate orcs as well).
Sartosa ARRRR!
Back to top Go down
xlins
Champion
Champion
xlins

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011 - 19:47

Maybe just something simple... a creative mercenary list... p.e. everyone with a pistol, welcome to the far west :p
Back to top Go down
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011 - 20:33

Orcs and Goblins with lots of Goblins and Squigs, or Night Goblins with Squigs and Fanatics.
That's about as crazy as you can get i would think.

Mordheimer's Fanatics warband is pretty loony as well with lots of psychology rules as well.

One of the most "fun" sounding that has tempted me is the Circus Extraordinaire.
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011 - 23:24

I think it depends on what your friend's concept of 'fun' is.

My fun is primarily the creative aspect of designing, converting, painting, giving names to everyone and writing background stories - this means any warband can be fun to me, so long as I can find a seed of inspiration from somewhere.

Huge amounts of special rules does not, to me, directly equals fun.

So really, my advice to your friend is simple - just get whichever band seems cool and roll with it, that's the best approach in any game system (and, in my mind, is the best way for hiring and outfitting your warband members as well - you like the look of armour or wielding a shield, go for it, who cares if it is 'sub-optimal' ffs this isn't a game with a £100,000 top prize!)

/rant

sorry about that... guess it comes from being at the tail end of a Bank Holiday weekend and having to go back to work tomorrow Sad
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011 - 0:05

Orcs sprang to mind first for me, too.

Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011 - 0:19

Seeing if I can find those Snotling rules I wrote with Ram Rock... if you want fun and don't care about winning, they're a HOOT!
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011 - 0:55

Fun.

It is really up to how your friend defines fun. I love my greenskins but I have met folks who should not play them.

Fun warbands I have seen that are not pirate orcs--
~Halflings
~Forest Goblins
~Forest Goblins as counts as pirates, the absolute best.
~Skaven Clan Pestilens
~Undead. What's NOT fun about zombies?
~Pirates
~Skaven Clan Skryre.
~Ostlanders with a Beverly Hillbillies theme.
~ANY warband with a Beverly Hillbillies theme
Back to top Go down
Repeter
Hero
Hero
Repeter

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011 - 1:32

I have a friend who is jealous of all the fun I've been having with Mordheim. He is also one of those crazy rush to melee type players in most of the games we play. Even though they are unofficial, he is going with a Norse warband (weak special ability though, unless you are going with a specific campaign). Lots os Str 4, wolves and frenzied berzerkers--fun right?
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011 - 5:45

What could go wrong?
Back to top Go down
xlins
Champion
Champion
xlins

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011 - 10:56

Repeter wrote:
I have a friend who is jealous of all the fun I've been having with Mordheim. He is also one of those crazy rush to melee type players in most of the games we play. Even though they are unofficial, he is going with a Norse warband (weak special ability though, unless you are going with a specific campaign). Lots os Str 4, wolves and frenzied berzerkers--fun right?

Norses warbands??? Can you link me to their rules??? affraid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011 - 11:20

xlins wrote:

Norses warbands??? Can you link me to their rules??? affraid Very Happy
Here you go:
http://www.mordheimer.com/warbands/unofficial/norse.htm

On topic: I think your friend might really like Skaven Skryre or Goblins with Squighoppers and the Kamikazegobbo in it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alcaeus
Champion
Champion
Alcaeus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011 - 12:07

Our group never laughs as hard as when I used my Orcs and Goblins list. The Squigs are an excellent source for jokes, and it didn't hurt either that one of my Goblins turned out to be immortal Very Happy (nothing could kill him, and he even killed an enemy leader with his dagger :p)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A fun / crazy warband to play   A fun / crazy warband to play Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A fun / crazy warband to play
Page 1 of 1