Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Beastmen - Minotaur Tribe Warband

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

beastmen - Beastmen - Minotaur Tribe Warband Empty
PostSubject: Beastmen - Minotaur Tribe Warband   beastmen - Beastmen - Minotaur Tribe Warband Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011 - 22:54

Choice of Warriors:

A Minotaur Tribe Warband must include a minimum of three models. You have 500 gold crowns to hire and equip your initial warband. The maximum number of members in your warband may never exceed 15.

Doombull: Your warband must have one Doombull.
Bray Shaman: Your warband may have up to one Bray Shaman.
Bloodkine: Your warband may have up to three Bloodkines.
Minotaurs: Your warband may have up to five Minotaurs.
Ungors: Your warband may have any number of Ungors.
Razorgor: Your warband may have one Razorgor.

Starting Experience:

The Doombull starts with 20 experience.
The Bray Shaman starts with 8 experience.
Bloodkines start with 11 experience.
Henchmen start with 0 experience.

Minotaur Tribe Skill Tables:

The Doombull may choose skills from the Combat, Strength, or Special tables.
The Bray Shaman may choose skills from the Combat, Speed, or Special tables.
Bloodkines may choose skills from the Combat, Strength, or Special tables.
Henchmen who become heroes via 'Lads got Talent' may choose skills from the Combat, Strength, or Special tables.

Minotaur Tribe's Maximum Characteristics Table:

Ungor: M 6, Ws 6, Bs 6, S 4, T 4, W 3, I 7, A 4, Ld 7
Gors*: M 5, Ws 7, Bs 6, S 4, T 5, W 5, I 6, A 4, Ld 9
Minotaurs: M 6, Ws 6, Bs 5, S 5, T 5, W 5, I 6, A 5, Ld 9

(*) - The Bray Shaman is considered a Gor in terms of maximum characteristics.

Special Rules:

Wild - Minotaur Tribes are groups of fearsome creatures of chaos, they may never hire any Hired Swords.

Minotaur Tribe Equipment List:

Minotaur Equipment List:
Hand to Hand Weapons:
Punch Dagger 1st free/ 2 gc
Club/Mace/Hammer 3 gc
Axe 5 gc
Double Handed Weapon 15 gc

Missile Weapons:
None

Armor:
Light Armor 20 gc
Heavy Armor 50 gc
Shield 5 gc

Ungor Equipment List:
Hand to Hand Weapons:
Dagger 1st free/ 2 gc
Club/Mace/Hammer 3 gc
Axe 5 gc
Sword 10 gc
Spear 10 gc

Missile Weapons:
Short Bow 5 gc
Javelin 5 gc

Armor:
Light Armor 20 gc
Shield 5 gc
Helmet 10 gc

New Equipment:
Punch Dagger - A punch dagger is a large gauntlet with a massive spike on the end of it. Due to the size of Minotaurs they cannot wield the small daggers that most humans and beastmen carry around. A Punch Dagger counts as dagger but due to its large size the model does not gain a +1 to their armor save. In addition all Minotaurs start out with Punch Daggers rather than Daggers.

Heroes:

1 Doombull; 120 gold crowns to hire.
M 6, Ws 4, Bs 0, S 4, T 4, W 3, I 4, A 1, Ld 8
Weapons/Armor: The Doombull may select weapons and armor from the Minotaur Equipment List.

Special Rules:
Leader: Any Warrior within 6" of the Doombull may use his Leadership when taking Ld tests.
Fear: Minotaurs are huge, bellowing monsters and cause Fear. See Psychology section for details.
Large Target: Minotaurs are Large Targets as defined in the shooting rules.
Bloodgreed: If a Minotaur puts all of its enemies Out Of Action in Hand-To-Hand combat, it becomes Frenzied on a D6 roll of 4+.

0-1 Bray Shaman; 45 gold crowns to hire.
M 5, Ws 3, Bs 3, S 3, T 4, W 1, I 3, A 1, Ld 6
Weapons/Armor: The Bray Shaman may select weapons and armor from the Ungor Equipment List.

Special Rules:
Wizard: A Bray Shaman is a Wizard and may use Chaos Rituals as detailed in the Magic section.

0-3 Bloodkine; 110 gold crowns to hire.
M 6, Ws 4, Bs 0, S 4, T 4, W 2, I 3, A 1, Ld 7
Weapons/Armor: Bloodkine may select weapons and armor from the Minotaur Equipment List.

Special Rules:
Fear: Minotaurs are huge, bellowing monsters and cause Fear. See Psychology section for details.
Bloodgreed: If a Minotaur puts all of its enemies Out Of Action in Hand-To-Hand combat, it becomes Frenzied on a D6 roll of 4+.

Henchmen:

0-5 Minotaurs; 95 gold crowns to hire.
M 6, Ws 4, Bs 0, S 4, T 4, W 2, I 3, A 1, Ld 7
Weapons/Armor: Minotaurs may select weapons and armor from the Minotaur Equipment List.

Special Rules:

0+ Ungor; 25 gold crowns to hire.
M 5, Ws 3, Bs 3, S 3, T 3, W 1, I 3, A 1, Ld 6
Weapons/Armor: Ungors may select weapons and armor from the Ungor Equipment List.

Special Rules:
Lowest of the Low: Ungor are the lowest ranking members of the Beastmen hierarchy. If an Ungor rolls "That lad's got talent" skill, it must be re-rolled.

0-1 Razorgor; 195 gold crowns to hire.
M 7, Ws 3, Bs 0, S 5, T 5, W 3, I 3, A 2, Ld 5
Weapons/Armor: Tusks and Fury. Razorgor is an animal and may never be equipped with weapons and armor of any kind.

Special Rules:
Unstoppable Charge: Razorgors are massive beasts and when their charge starts it cannot be stopped. When a Razorgor is intercepted, the model intercepting the Razorgor automatically takes a str 3 hit and the Razorgor charges the target as normal.
Animal: The Razorgor is far more bestial than its Beastmen brethren and although it may gain experience it may never become a Hero.

Minotaur Tribe Special Skills:
Bellowing Roar - Only the Doombull may have this skill. He may re-roll any failed Rout tests.
Mutant - The Beastman may buy one mutation. See mutants Section on special rules.
Titanic Strength - The Beastman is massive and able to wield a Double Handed Weapon as if it was a one handed weapon, note the weapon still strikes last.
Battering Ram - Minotaurs are almost unstoppable when they charge at full speed. When a Minotaur charges the model he charges takes a str 3 hit that strikes first. If the distances charged was greater than 10 inches then the model charged takes a str 4 hit.
Shaggy Hide - The Beastman’s massively shaggy hide acts as armor, deflecting sword strokes and protecting him from harm. The model gains a 6+ Armor Save that can be combined with other armor as normal.

Last edited by Murray145 on Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 22:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen - Minotaur Tribe Warband   beastmen - Beastmen - Minotaur Tribe Warband Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011 - 22:55

Work Cited:

Information used to create this warband was taken from the Original Beastmen Warband.
Back to top Go down
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen - Minotaur Tribe Warband   beastmen - Beastmen - Minotaur Tribe Warband Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011 - 23:19

i feel uneasy with these behemots.

You have up to 9 Minotaur (5 of them heros if you have a shaman) in the warband an each one is a powerhouse. After some advances they can get realy strong. I would suggest to decrease their number a little.

Titanic strength seems a little bit over the edge. A doombull can get 2 S7 attacks realy fast this way and strike last is no problem with T4-5 and so many wounds. And other minotaurs can get this skills fast too.
In combination with their great speed (higher than most skaven) they can get to powerfull for many warbands.

I think they need to be weaker or need more drawbacks...
Their missing of range attacks is a small flaw, if you can get shaggy hide with a gromril armor and a shield while wielding a 2h-Sword...
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen - Minotaur Tribe Warband   beastmen - Beastmen - Minotaur Tribe Warband Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011 - 23:29

May I recommend that you use one of the Ogre warbands as a model... either the BTB one or the one found on Mordheimer:
http://www.mordheimer.com/warbands/experimental/ogres.htm

I think that some of the measures, such as "all too easy", "knives are for eating", and "gluttony" would go a long way to balancing out what is (at the moment) a very unbalanced warband.

Other thoughts:
Specify whether the Bray shaman is a Beastman or a Minotaur.

Make Bloodgreed affect the leader and Bloodkin only. The Minotaur henchman can learn it as a skill.

Drop the number of Bloodkin to 0-2. A warband this strong does NOT need 5 heroes, even with the Ogre-style nerfs.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen - Minotaur Tribe Warband   beastmen - Beastmen - Minotaur Tribe Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beastmen - Minotaur Tribe Warband
Page 1 of 1