Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Question about experience points

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Repeter
Hero
Hero
Repeter

Trading Reputation : 0

Question about experience points Empty
PostSubject: Question about experience points   Question about experience points Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011 - 19:14

Hi,

So my opponent for yesterday' game couldn't make it--I am sure it is because of the fearsome reputation of my brand new Marienburg warband... Twisted Evil

My question (s) came about while filling out my roster sheet:

1. Should I mark the first boxes of my heros? For instance, am I supposed to fill out the first 20 for my Captain?

2. If so, I noticed a bunch a darker black boxes in between the first and the twentieth--what do these mean? I thought they showed where my warband members were supposed to roll for new skills and such, but I was confused because I was under the impression my men started with no skills or stat boosts.

Thanks for the help folks! My re-scheduled game is tomorrow--can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Question about experience points   Question about experience points Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011 - 19:33

1. Yes
2. Normally the darker boxes show where advances are obtained. However the starting Exp for heroes does NOT grant additional bonuses.

Basically you got it right!
Back to top Go down
Drayven
Knight
Knight
Drayven

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Question about experience points   Question about experience points Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011 - 20:49

As stated above you are correct. Fill out the boxes for your heroes based on their starting XP. They do NOT get to do level ups on the bold boxes during this initial ticking of the boxes. The skills and abilities they have when they start represent what they learned with that 20 experience. From that point on though the dark boxes indicate a time to level up.
Back to top Go down
Repeter
Hero
Hero
Repeter

PostSubject: Re: Question about experience points   Question about experience points Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011 - 21:01

Well, I'm glad I got it right, but dammit!!! I wants those skillz!!

Thanks for the fast response!
Back to top Go down
LAZtheinfamous
Hero
Hero
LAZtheinfamous

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Question about experience points   Question about experience points Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug 2011 - 2:09

Well...we played one campaign that we did that (advancement rolls for starting XP). Across the board, though, so everyone was on even footing. It was a VERY bloody campaign. We stopped after three games.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Question about experience points   Question about experience points Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug 2011 - 2:26

Interesting, Laz. I heard people say they were thinking about trying that, but don't think I remember anyone previously commenting on how it worked out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about experience points   Question about experience points Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about experience points
Page 1 of 1