Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
siredge
Captain
Captain
siredge

Trading Reputation : 0

sigmar - Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :) Empty
PostSubject: Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :)   sigmar - Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :) Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011 - 17:03

So I am about to start a campaign with some friends and I will be using the Sisters of Sigmar. Just looking for some tips and tricks with them before we start.

3 of my opponents are Dark Elves, Undead, Witch Hunters.

There is another who hasnt decided what his going to be yet.
Back to top Go down
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :)   sigmar - Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :) Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 2:02

Well I can tell you know, Dark Elves love their repeater crossbows and poisons. I dont know how your friend is going to be playing them, but look out for those crossbowmen and fellblades.

Undead; Watch out for the Vampire he is power house of the warband. I usually try to avoid him as much as I possibly can. I also try to single out his Necromancer and take him out ASAP. Also, I suggest to not bother with Zombies and try to kill off any Dire Wolves.

Witch Hunters; They are pretty scary in Melee but are a little lacking in range weapons (they still have Crossbows and Pistols). I try avoid flagellants as much as possible, or take them out with ranged weapons.

Thats pretty much the best advice I can give you when it comes to facing those warbands. I do suggest getting Hammers of Sigmar for your heroes and I will tell you know, if your Augur lives and gets a good handful of experience it becomes an awesome character
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :)   sigmar - Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :) Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 7:19

Make sure you get slings for all your warriors. They are they only ranged weapon you get and at 2 gold there is no reason not to get one for everyone. A sling has very few skills that will work with it, so their worth becomes relatively less as the campaign goes on.

If you can, get a few vials of holy water for taking out the vampire. It is expensive, but an auto-wound with no armour save is not to be sneezed at, and for you it is common (I think - I am away from home so don't have my books or pdfs, but I am pretty sure sisters and witchhunters have it as common).
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :)   sigmar - Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :) Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 10:08

What the others said - sigmarite warhammers are great, especially together with the mighty blow skill, sling spam can be effective with a little luck. You will want to get into cc, so use the terrain for hiding and cover.
Back to top Go down
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :)   sigmar - Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :) Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 22:30

a sigmarite hammer used against an vampire has S+2 (so you normaly have S5 with most your heroes) i think you don't need holy water against a vampire if you can crush him easily in melee...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :)   sigmar - Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some tips on playing the Sisters.....of Sigmar that is :)
Page 1 of 1