Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Dwarf Miners Warband

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

dwarf - Dwarf Miners Warband Empty
PostSubject: Dwarf Miners Warband   dwarf - Dwarf Miners Warband Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2011 - 15:49

To be honest my favorite Dwarf unit is the Dwarf Miners, and I love everything in the box, from the two ponies w/t wagons, spare pick-axes, laterns, explosives, and tons of other bits. But I was wondering is there an actual Dwarf Miners Warband? I could see how their warband would be a bit to close to Dwarf Treasure Hunters, but they do have special things like the Steam Drill and Explosives which could be a fun new addition. I would write my own Miner Warband but I'd like to see if there are any others floating around out there.
Back to top Go down
DRD1812
Warlord
Warlord
DRD1812

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Miners Warband   dwarf - Dwarf Miners Warband Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2011 - 16:42

There's the Dwarf Treasure Hunter hired sword...

http://tabletopgeeks.com/wp-content/downloads/misc/Hired_Swords_Compilation_v1.3.pdf

...but no warband list that I know of. You could jerry rig the list easily enough using a lot of the "dwarf fire bomb" and "lantern" and "flash powder" from the miscellaneous lists. Especially with that hired sword on hand, you could theme the warband to your liking with existing rules.

If you want to invent a steam drill on its own though, or create a cost for that hired sword's "lantern rig" and make it available as a rare item, I imagine most playgroups would be fine with it.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Miners Warband   dwarf - Dwarf Miners Warband Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2011 - 17:31

An unofficial one by Killer Shrike.

Some of his bands are more balanced than others, so make sure you get permission.

http://www.killershrike.com/Mordheim/NewWarbands/DwarfMiners.aspx
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Miners Warband   dwarf - Dwarf Miners Warband Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2011 - 17:47

Didn't that Karak something or other site that was on Strike-To-Stun have a miner list? The same setting that had the Adventuerers?
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Miners Warband   dwarf - Dwarf Miners Warband Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2011 - 19:43

yes you are right theKarak Azgal setting includes a fine and balanced Miners guild warband.

Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Miners Warband   dwarf - Dwarf Miners Warband Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2011 - 20:15

Does anyone have a link? No offense, but not every warband out of Azghal was completely balanced. The average leader had A2, if I recall.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Miners Warband   dwarf - Dwarf Miners Warband Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2011 - 21:56

I have the rules on my PC, The slayer warband is a little too strong. Giant Slayer wit W2 and A2 is too much.

The miners warband heroes are like the treasure hunter ones. You can start with 5 heroes but doesn' t get the free wyrdstone token.

Jst send me an PM and i send it to you as mail.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Miners Warband   dwarf - Dwarf Miners Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dwarf Miners Warband
Page 1 of 1