Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed

Go down 
+21
Paboook
Azmodan
Jacko' lantern
Mr.chair
smokezombie
Ordo Septenarius
Commander Von Drake
pascal the rascal
Aldhick
5pointer
floedebolle
drakkol
folketsfiende
Theorox
DeafNala
Eliazar
Stormgerkin
Delectable Tea
BurnTheWitch
HarryMason
Maestrom
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Maestrom
Hero
Hero
Maestrom

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011 - 20:05

Evening Guys and girls, been a long time since I was last on here but saying that the undead warband I started back then never really got past a few models Sad

but now I'm back to working on some Mordheim stuff namely a Slaaneshii themed cult of the possessed warband and that villain known only as Foot_of_adhesive_tape suggested that I post it up on here as well as my blog.

So I guess I shall explain the theme I chose slaanesh because in all my time in the hobby I have never done a single slaanesh model be it 40k or Fantasy. So decided to do it fro a change, I've chosen Mordheim aas its now the cheapest of the GW systems and the fact its only a handful of models meaning I can go to town on them.

So the rough theme of the warband so far is its Magister is a woman who has seduced her way to the top of society with the aid of slaanesh I know its a cliched theme but what the hell I'm going with it. The rest of the warband will be a mix of male and female fighters, with a mutant I have planned representing slaanesh as gluttony.

I shall expand upon the background a bit more when I've thought it up Razz

Alot of the inspiration for the theme came from the Dragon age games specifically the blood mages and desire demons that have the power to easily influence people, throw in a bit of seduction and you have a decent slaanesh theme Razz

now enough of my rambling I'm sure you will want to see the Magister conversion so far, first up is the quick concept sketch I knocked together when the ideas for her were fresh in my head a few days back:

possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Slaanesh_Magister_concept

now onto the conversion:

possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed IMG_1459

possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed IMG_1460

possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed IMG_1463

possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed IMG_1462

the legs were taken from a flagellent and heavily shaved and filed down to look slender, the torso and head are both scratch sculpted.

I've gone for a lot of exposed skin to get across the seducer theme and also to give me space for freehanding some tattoos. Im planning on cheating slightly for the arms and using VC skeleton warrior arms and then simply sculpting the flesh on top Razz

I've got a box of empire archers on the way which I will use as the basis for the rest of the warband

Well thats it for now, Any comments and suggestions are more than welcome Smile

Last edited by Maestrom on Wed 25 May 2011 - 19:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HarryMason
Knight
Knight
HarryMason

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011 - 20:22

I like this, very nice! I'm afraid I can't give you any more constructive critisism than that, just keep up the good work! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BurnTheWitch
General
General
BurnTheWitch

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011 - 20:50

SWEET! Can't wait to see her finished! But why not make her... TOPLESS eeexcellent!
Back to top Go down
Delectable Tea
Knight
Knight
Delectable Tea

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011 - 23:00

Hey this is some really nice work, your sculpting sills far exceed mine, bravo!
Back to top Go down
Stormgerkin
Captain
Captain
Stormgerkin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011 - 23:57

Incredible start I take you have been sculpting for some time. can wait to see the rest of your concepts and sculpts.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 0:45

Woah boy, awesome stuff! Lovely sculpt, but please don't make her topless Wink

Do you have any more sketches?
Back to top Go down
BurnTheWitch
General
General
BurnTheWitch

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 0:51

Eliazar wrote:
but please don't make her topless Wink

WHAT? Why not? Shocked
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 0:58

IMPRESSIVE! As someone with limited abilities at sculpting, I can only marvel at what you've created. The little Slaanesh sign on the belt buckle is incredible. Keep up the EXCELLENT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 13:38

Wow, great sculpt! Only remark would be that perhaps the breasts might be a bit..."lumpy"? Kinda squareish? Sturggling to find words here... Very Happy

THeo
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 14:46

Looking promising, indeed. Also, have to agree with the antitoplessnessists - she's much more alluring the way she looks now - true Slaanesh!
Back to top Go down
Delectable Tea
Knight
Knight
Delectable Tea

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 16:22

I'm backing up the anti-topless crowd on this one.
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 19:28

VERY NICE! i could have something to complain about hair but...indeed a nice job! I'll follow with interest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
Maestrom
Hero
Hero
Maestrom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 19:38

Wow a lot of replies, cheers guys Smile

Quote :
But why not make her... TOPLESS
Quote :
Lovely sculpt, but please don't make her topless Wink
Quote :
Also, have to agree with the antitoplessnessists - she's much more alluring the way she looks now - true Slaanesh!
Quote :
I'm backing up the anti-topless crowd on this one.

haha well I'm with the anti topless crowd too, Folketsfiende has hit it on the head I want her to be more alluring than just having boobs in your face Razz I know its part of the whole slaanesh thing I just find it a bit cliched sometimes Smile

Quote :
Incredible start I take you have been sculpting for some time.

cheers dude, been sculpting about 5 years now my previous scratch sculpts have always come out a little flat or with wrong proportions. But late last year I joined a clay sculpture course where we have a life model and that has helped a load even if these models are a lot smaller than the clay stuff Smile

Quote :
Only remark would be that perhaps the breasts might be a bit..."lumpy"? Kinda squareish?

it might be where I added the cloth on top, I tried to do a few folds in it but they haven't shown up to clearly in the pics Sad

Quote :
i could have something to complain about hair but...indeed a nice job!

cheers sir, but fire away if you spot any mistakes Smile I always have trouble sculpting hair can never quite get it to look right

Quote :
Do you have any more sketches?

I post up the odd few in my blog(in me sig shameless plug Razz) from time to time though at the moment I'm in the process of evolving my drawing style abit from a heavily anime style to a more serious one. Never learn anime style it utterly destroyed my ability to draw serious stuff years ago Sad

I do however have a concept sketch for the brethren that I did this afternoon, its alot rougher than the magisters one but it was mainly for brainstorming:

possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Brethren_concept_Sketch

so this is the rough plan for the empire archers which turned up today too Very Happy. bare arms to again go with the bare flesh theme started on the magister, leather studded armour though bits of chainmail will feature on some to have a bit of variation.

various trinkets such as gems and beads hanging on thread as I think these have a bit of a slaanesh vibe. bracelets and that on the arms. Plus a mask on the belt.

My Idea with the mask is it will represent Slaanesh as perfection, drew alot of inspiration from the Sanguinary guards helmets, I might have the odd few brethren wearing the mask too.

Well thats it for now, I have done a little extra work on teh magister but its hardly anything worth showing, once I have added some flesh to the skeleton warrior sword arm I shall post a pic of her Smile

Anymore suggestions for either the Magister or the Brethren are more than welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 20:00

Fantastic skillz, awesome!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 20:19

Cool sketch! Even though it's rough, I immediately saw the plastic parts coming together in my mind Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 21:52

Maestrom wrote:

Quote :

cheers sir, but fire away if you spot any mistakes Smile I always have trouble sculpting hair can never quite get it to look right
Anymore suggestions for either the Magister or the Brethren are more than welcome Very Happy

Well...don't call me "sir"...i'm not so "old" Dad Laughing
Here you can find how i do them...and if you like how they look...If i'll find time i'll try to make a tutorial about hair...and i'll show you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
Delectable Tea
Knight
Knight
Delectable Tea

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 22:04

drakkol wrote:
Maestrom wrote:

Quote :

Well...don't call me "sir"...i'm not so "old" Dad Laughing
Here you can find how i do them...and if you like how they look...If i'll find time i'll try to make a tutorial about hair...and i'll show you.

Us UK lads like to call each other sir as a sign of respect/posh speak, I'm 27 on Tuesday, not looking forward to it one bit!

@Maestrom, do you plan to smooth out the putty at the sides where it overlaps the flaggelant legs?

I'm about to embark on a female maneater to Sisters of Sigmar Ogre bodyguard nun conversion so I'm absorbing all the putty skillz that I can. Your anatomical proportions are spot on with the Magister, I really am looking forward to seeing where you go with this idea.

And I also need to agree with one of the previous comments about the squaring off of the breasts, it does look like there was some warping involved when you applied the... uhh... 'boob wraps'?, so if this Slaaneshi she-beast is going to be alluring dudes out on the streets, she may want a minor boob job.
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011 - 19:38

Awesome stuff and.... wahey!! West Midlands giving a good showing on the Forum!!
Back to top Go down
Maestrom
Hero
Hero
Maestrom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011 - 20:17

cheers for the replies guys Smile

Quote :
Well...don't call me "sir"...i'm not so "old" possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed 536660 Laughing
Here
you can find how i do them...and if you like how they look...If i'll
find time i'll try to make a tutorial about hair...and i'll show you.

haha as Delectable Tea said its a UK thing no offense was meant dude Razz

Great conversion you have done on that link, might have to find a way of using a wyche for a fantasy conversion at some point Smile Tutorial would be great too Very Happy

Quote :
Maestrom, do you plan to smooth out the putty at the sides where it overlaps the flaggelant legs?

Indeed I do dude, well I did it yesterday just thought it would have been a bit of a boring update need to sculpt some pouches onto her belt too.

Quote :
And I also need to agree with one of the previous
comments about the squaring off of the breasts, it does look like there
was some warping involved when you applied the... uhh... 'boob wraps'?,
so if this Slaaneshi she-beast is going to be alluring dudes out on the
streets, she may want a minor boob job.

do they look square in one of the pics of her from the side, as when I look at her form the front they look right. I think I'll pull the Boob wraps off and re do them.

Quote :
Awesome stuff and.... wahey!! West Midlands giving a good showing on the Forum!!

haha cheers dude, you know in all my time of forum going your like only the 3rd guy from the Midlands I have seen Surprised all the midlands based hobbyists must hide or something haha Razz

Well onto the update for today started to make a test Brethren based on the sketch from yesterday, here he is so far:

possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed IMG_1465

possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed IMG_1464

possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed IMG_1466

I need to add more studs to the armour and then file them all down a bit when they are dry. For the mask I looked at pics of the sanguinary guards helmets for inspiration, then carved a slaanesh rune into the forehead.

The thin strands of GS running from his belt will have beads and hanging gems added and of course he will get some pouches. Considering doing a push mold of some of the pouches that come on the empire archers sprue which should speed things up Razz

Well thats it for now, shall do some more work on him later on tonight

As ever any comments and suggestions are more than welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Delectable Tea
Knight
Knight
Delectable Tea

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011 - 20:59

Mate, that is a nice sculpt, the mask on the belt is actually incredible. Keep going!!
Back to top Go down
BurnTheWitch
General
General
BurnTheWitch

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011 - 1:03

Wow, your greenstuff skills are amazing! Love the mask!
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011 - 9:53

Very good details on the new sculpt. You got some talent! I really look forward to the result!
Back to top Go down
Aldhick
Veteran
Veteran
Aldhick

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011 - 12:48

wow! Pretty good GS job in combination with great ideas! Cannot wait for more!
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011 - 16:53

Dude...dude...DUDE...!

That's some awesome sculpting. Love how natural the boot looks! Very Happy

Theo
Back to top Go down
Maestrom
Hero
Hero
Maestrom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeSat 28 May 2011 - 20:06

Thanks for all the replies guys Very Happy

Got a small update today, haven't done too much modelling the past day or 2, I did however get a bit done this morning whilst watching the F1 qualifying:

possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed IMG_1470

possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed IMG_1471

done some more work on the first brethren, mainly adding a hood, as what shady cultist isn't complete without a hood Razz it will need some filing done to it once it has fully cured.

I've also sorted out his weapon arms which will need some GS jewelry adding to them. I have filed down the mace to make it a little smaller as it looked way to big. I also cut the gloved dagger hand from a empire militia arm and added it to a flagellent arm Smile

Started the prep work for the next two brethren too:

possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed IMG_1473

one on the left will be female, the legs need filing down a bit more to make them look more slender, and the robes need triming and filing back a bit more too.

I have a rough plan in my head for her, will likely sketch it up later. The one on the right will have a spear seen as he has static legs, just stuck for ideas on how to pose the spear Sad

I'm hoping to finish the last bits on the first brethren tomorrow so I should have some more pics and that concept sketch in a few days Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slaaneshi themed Cult of the Possessed
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next