Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Warriors of Chaos

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Warriors of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Warriors of Chaos   Warriors of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011 - 7:24

A Chaos warband must include a minimum of three models. You have 500 Gold Crowns to recruit and equip your initial Warband. The maximum number of warriors in the warband may never exceed 12.

Warriors of Choice:

*Aspiring Champion: Each Chaos warband must have one Aspiring Champion to lead it - no more, no less.
*Chosen Warrior: A warband may have up to three Chosen.
*Sorcerer: A warband may have up one Sorcerer.
*Warriors: A warband may have any number of Warriors.
*Warhounds: A warband may have up to five Warhounds.
*Dragon Ogre: A warband may have one Dragon Ogre.

Starting Experience:

*Aspiring Champion starts with 20 experience.
*Chosen Warriors start with 8 experience.
*Sorcerer starts with 0 experience.
*Henchmen start with 0 experience.

Maximum Characteristics:

M 4; Ws 8; Bs 3; S 5; T 5; W 3; I 7; A 5; Ld 9

Warriors of Chaos' Skill Table:

Aspiring Champion may choose skills from the Combat and Strength
Chosen Warriors may choose skills from the Combat and Strength
Sorcerer may choose skills from the Combat and Academic

Warriors of Chaos Equipment List:

Hand to Hand Weapons:
-Dagger 1st Free/2 gc
-Hammer/Mace 3 gc
-Axe 5 gc
-Sword 10 gc
-Double Handed Weapon 15 gc
-Halberd 10 gc
-Morning Star 15 gc
-Flail 15 gc

Missile Weapons:
-Throwing Axe/ Knifes 15 gc

Armor:
-Helmet 10 gc
-Shield 5 gc
-Buckler 5 gc
-Chaos Armor n/a

Heroes:

1 Aspiring Champion; 110 gc to hire.

M 3; Ws 5, Bs 3, S 4, T 4, W 1, I 4, A 1, Ld 8
Weapons and Armor: The Aspiring Champion wears Chaos Armor and maybe equipped with gear from the Warriors of Chaos Equipment List.

Special Rules:

Leader: Any models in the warband within 6" of the Aspiring Champion may use his Leadership instead of their own.

0-3 Chosen Warriors: 65 gc to hire.

M 3; Ws 4; Bs 2; S 4; T 4; W 1: I 3; A 1; Ld 7
Weapons and Armor: The Chosen Warriors wears Chaos Armor and maybe equipped with gear from the Warriors of Chaos Equipment List.

0-1 Sorcerer: 70 gc to hire.
M 3; Ws 4; Bs 3; S 4; T 4; W 1; I 3; A 1; Ld 8
Weapons and Armor: The Sorcerer wears Chaos Armor and maybe equipped with gear from the Warriors of Chaos Equipment List.

Special Rule;

Wizard: The Sorcerer is a wizard. See the Magic section below for details.

Warrior Wizard: The Sorcerer starts the game with the Warrior Wizard special rule.

Henchmen:
Come in groups of 1-3.

0+ Warriors, 55 gc to hire.
M 3; Ws 4; Bs 2; S 4; T 4; W 1; I 3; A 1; Ld 7
Weapons and Armor: The Warriors wears Chaos Armor and maybe equipped with gear from the Warriors of Chaos Equipment List.

0-5 Warhounds, 30 gc to hire.

Weapons and Armor: The Warhounds have claws and teeth, and may never use any weapons or armor.
M 5, Ws 4, Bs 0, S 4, T 3, W 1, I 4, A 1, Ld 6

1 Dragon Ogre, 200 gc to hire.
Weapons and Armor: Dragon Ogres maybe equipped with gear from the Warrior of Chaos Equipment List.
M 5; Ws 4; Bs 0; S 5; T 4; W 2; I 3; A 2; Ld 7

Special Rules:

Scaly Skin: The Dragon Ogre's skin is coated in thick scales. This gives the Dragon Ogre a 5+ armor save that may be improved by shields.

Fear: Dragon Ogres are frightening monsters which cause Fear.

Storm Rage: Dragon Ogres bathe in lightning to invigorate themselves and to extended their lifespans. They are immune to all forms of lightning attacks. If the Dragon Ogre is hit with any lightning based spells or Warplock Pistols the Dragon Ogre becomes frenzied.

Special Rules:

Favor of the Gods!
Most Warriors of Chaos worship a specific god or venerates all of them equally. When starting a warband you may choose to be a single god for your Aspiring Champion to worship. Each God has special abilities which apply to every unit in the warband.

Tzeentch:

Blessed Armor: Each time a Warrior of Tzeentch suffers a wound he may make an additional saving throw of 6+. This save is never modified and is taken after all other armor saves.

Winds of Magic: Sorcerers who worship Tzeentch gain a +1 to all casting rolls. Sorcerers of Tzeentch also can pick either Lesser Magic or Chaos Rituals.

Pursuit of Knowledge: All Warriors of Tzeentch have access to Academic Skills.

Mutations: Tzeentch often blesses his followers with mutations. Aspiring Champions, Sorcerer, and Chosen Warriors may purchase mutations

-Daemon Soul: A warrior lives with a daemon inside his soul. This gives him a 4+ save against the effects of spells and prayers.
Cost: 20 gold crowns.

-Great Claw: One of the Warrior's arm ends in a great, crab-like claw. He may carry no weapons in this arm, but gains an extra-attack in hand-to-hand combat with +1 Strength Bonus.
Cost: 50 gold crowns.

-Cloven Hoofs: The Warrior gain +1 to movement
Cost: 40 gold crowns.

-Tentacle:
One of the Warrior's arm end in a tentacle. He may grapple his opponent in close combat and reduce his attacks by -1, down to a minimum of 1. The Mutant may decide which attack his opponent loses.
Cost: 35 gold crowns.

-Blackblood
If the model loses a wound in close combat, anyone in base contact with the model suffers a Strength 3 hit (no critical hits) from the spurting corrosive blood.
Costs: 30 gold crowns.

-Spines
Any model in base contact with the mutant suffers an automatic Strength 1 hit at the beginning of each close combat phase. Spines will never cause critical hits.
Costs: 35 gold crowns.

-Scorpion Tail
The warrior has a long barbed tail with a venom tip, allowing him to make an extra Strength 5 attack in each hand-to-hand combat phase. If the model hit by the tail is immune to poison, the Strength of the hit is reduced to 2.
Costs: 50 gold crowns.

-Extra Arm
The warrior may use any single-handed weapon in the extra arm, giving him +1 attack when fighting in hand-to-hand combat. Alternatively, he may carry a shield or a buckler in the extra arm. If a warrior chooses to do this, he gains an extra attack but still cannot carry a weapon.
Cost: 40 gold crowns.

-Hideous
The mutant causes fear. See the Psychology section for details.
Costs: 40 gold crowns.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nurgle:

Cloud of Flies: Nurgle gifts his warriors are covered in weeping blisters that attract clouds of flies that hover around the warriors. When enemy units these targets with missile or hand-to-hand weapons they suffer -1 to hit.

Herald of Nurgle: A Sorcerer of Nurgle suffers -1 to his movement but also gains +1 to his toughness. Sorcerers of Nurgle use spells from the Nurgle Ritual list.

Vile Corruption: Nurglings are the Daemonic embodiment of disease and pestilence. They are totally immune to all poisons and diseases.

Blessings of Nurgle: Aspiring Champions, Sorcerers, and Chosen Warriors have gain favored of Father Nurgle and are gifted with his blessings of rot and filth;

Stream of Corruption: The Warrior can spew forth a grotesque stream of maggots, entrails and filth. This is counted as a shooting attack with a range of 6" and is resolved at Strength 3 with no saves for armor. Cost: 25 Gold Crowns

Nurgle’s Rot: The Warrior is infected with the deadly pestilence of its lord – Nurgle’s Rot. In addition, the Warrior is immune to all poisons. Nurgle’s Rot is a deadly contagion for which there is no known cure. This virulent disease can be passed on in hand-to-hand combat. If the Warrior makes a successful to hit roll of 6 this will result in the target model contracting the Rot (note: Nurgle’s Rot only affects the living, so Undead, Daemons and the Possessed are unaffected). Once a warrior has contracted the Rot, mark this on the warband roster. Rather than killing the victim immediately, the Rot can take some time to set in. From now on, before the start of each battle, the warrior must pass a Toughness test. If successful, his constitution has managed to stave off the Rot’s effects. If unsuccessful, the warrior loses one point of Toughness permanently (if he reaches zero, he has succumbed to the Rot and died, remove him from the roster). In addition, if a 6 is rolled for the Toughness test then he has unwittingly passed the Rot on to another member of the warband (randomly allocate a warband member and mark this on the roster).
Cost: 50 Gold Crowns

Bloated Foulness: The Warrior is a huge, disgusting mass of diseased, flabby folds. It gains +1 Wound and +1 Toughness but has its Movement reduced by -1.
Cost: 40 Gold Crowns

Mark of Nurgle: The Warrior is burned with the great mark of Nurgle, the three spheres, that weep foul pus constantly. It gains +1 Wound.
Cost: 35 Gold Crowns

Hideous: The Warrior is so disgusting that its flesh hangs in tatters from its body and its entrails are rotten and exposed. It causes Fear.
Cost: 40 Gold Crowns

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slaanesh:

Pleasure Seekers: Sorcerers under Slaanesh have a +1 to their initiative characteristic and use spells from the Chaos Ritual list.

Master Orator: The Aspiring Champion gives a rousing speech that steel the hearts of all those around him. Any friendly model within 6" of a Aspiring Champion may re-roll any failed Leadership test with a +1 to Leadership. This includes rout tests.

Extreme Arrogance: Whether its just the warrior's massive ego, the narcotics the warrior has taken, or a combination of the two, the warrior is immune to all forms of psychology.

Darting Steel: Warriors of Slaanesh prefer to be quick and agile, darting back in forth and stabbing into the weak points of the enemy's armor. Warriors of Slaanesh using bladed weapons such as swords and daggers have an extra save modifier of -1. Warriors under Slaanesh may also pick Speed skills.

Gifts of Slaanesh: Aspiring Champion, Chosen Warriors, and Sorcerers may purchase gifts of slaanesh.

Transfixing Gaze: The Warrior gazes at it victim and compels them with a magical gaze and the enemy cannot bring themselves to strike the Warrior. A single opponent in close combat reduces his attacks by -1, down to a minimum of 1. The warrior may decide which attack his opponent loses.
Costs: 40 gold coins.

Soporific Must: Enemies close to the Warrior find themselves confused, and their limbs heavy and slow. The Warrior is able to break from combat after combat is resolved and is able to move 2d6" in any direction.
Costs: 50 gold coins.

Pravane of Slaanesh: (One model only) The warrior emits an alluring song, forcing any who hear it into an ecstatic and enraptured dance. This ability counts as a shooting attack with a range of 18", the model hit with this power must take a LD test if the target fails, the target moves D6" in any direction.
Costs: 55 gold coins.

Rending Claws: The warrior's hand is replaced with a massive jagged claw. The warrior cannot use weapons in this hand but gains +1 attack and has extra save modifier of -1.
Cost: 35 gold coins.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khorne

Blood for the Blood God: The Warriors of Khorne are fearless fighters, most at home when carving into their enemies. Warriors of Khorne are fearless. In addition the total amount of warriors required for the warband to be routed is increased from 25% to 50% (round up).

Skulls for the Skull Throne: Khorne hates all magic uses, all heroes in the warband have Hatred towards any magic users. In addition the Sorcerer cannot be added to the warband, instead another Chosen Warrior takes its place (meaning you can have up to four Chosen Warriors)

Blessings of Khorne
Warriors who have proven themselves in combat have gained the favor of Khorne. Aspiring Champions and Chosen Warriors may purchase Blessings of Khorne.

Blade Fury: The Warrior is skilled when using swords and axes, he may re-roll one failed attack on a charge.
Cost: 25 gold coins

Rampage: The Warrior works himself into a frenzy, the warrior gains +1 attack but becomes frenzied after dealing an unsaved wound.
Cost: 35 gold coins.

Decapitate: The warrior is an expert at cleaving the head off his enemies in a single sweep. The Warrior has +1 to all injury rolls.
Cost: 30 gold coins.

Fury of Khorne: The warrior is empowered by the fury of the blood god, on the turn that the warrior charges he re-rolls all failed to hit attacks in melee and strikes first.
Cost: 50 gold coins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Rules:

Chaos Armor: Chaos armor is heavy armor and grants a 5+ Armor Save. In Addition Chaos armor combined with the warriors body make them both one. The Warrior does not suffer a -1 to his movement unless he is equipped with a shield.

Last edited by Murray145 on Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 21:37; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Personal Info

Warriors of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos   Warriors of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011 - 8:50

So here is my first army I made that I will be play testing against Reiklanders

Slaanesh Warband

Aspiring Champion
-Shield
-Rending Claw

Chosen Warrior
-Shield
-Morning Star

Chosen Warrior
-Shield
-Sword

Chosen Warrior
-Shield
-Sword

Sorcerer
-Sword
-Shield

Total = 495
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Warriors of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos   Warriors of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011 - 17:15

This would be very small but potentially very powerful at start. All that armor on your heroes would make things tricky. Most units in melee with them would be hard-pressed unless they get critical hits. If shields still give them the -1M when combined with the Chaos armor I don't see much problem with this though.

One other thing is that while the WS values reflect warhammer tabletop they may be a bit high for Mordheim. I would suggest WS5 for the AC and stay with 4 for the chosen.

I assume this is supposed to represent a brand new champion starting to make his name known to the chaos gods. If you want it to represent a more elite already group I would suggest making Chaos armor not have the -1M penalty with a shield, leaving stats and costs the same, but make AC, Chosen and Sorcerer count as 2 warband members for purposes of selling wyrdstone and rout tests.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

Warriors of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos   Warriors of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011 - 18:51

Looks a little too powerful to me. Only scanned it so far, but your warriors are pretty cheap for +1WS,S,T and Chaos Armour, I think.

Balancing Chaos WArriors seems to be a pretty damn hard thing to do as even an ordinary warrior is better than most human heroes... That's why I pretty much love the Marauders from BTB, they well tested and even though they are strong, they are not overpowered.

I would suggest swapping the CHaos Warrior henchmen for Marauders.
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

Warriors of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos   Warriors of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011 - 20:21

I totally agree to Eliazar.

This warbands is not balanced and needs a rework reagarding costs and talent:

Chaos armour( worth 150gc for other warbands) from start on at virtually no cost for all heroes and henchman chaos warriors?

These high S & T stats from start on?

No S3 unit only S4?

And all these nice chaos gifts?

I am sorry to write it so clear: I wouldn't accept this warband as opponent.

The BtB marauders are really the right choice for a soon to be chaos warrior warband.

Back to top Go down
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Personal Info

Warriors of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos   Warriors of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011 - 21:35

Well they can't all be winners with everyone. I would like to say that I did play test against this warband. My friend used the Slaanesh Warband that I created and I used my Beastmen Warband.

It wasn't that bad of a fight, giving his Warriors shields means they only had M 2 and a 4+ sv. My Gor's armed with Axes focused on a Chosen Warrior and took him down after he failed his armor save, the Chosen was stunned.

My Shaman manage to take out another Chosen with his Dark Blood Spell and hit the Chosen with 2 hits and being str 5, his 4+ armor save was a 6+ and he failed it. The Chosen was then Taken Out of Action.

With 2/5 of the warriors taken out the warband was forced to take a route test which was passed with the Master Orator ability.

The Sorcerer used Wings of Darkness and was able to charge my Shaman but was intercepted by Centigor and was Stunned and then taken OoA by the Centigor's attack.

The Aspiring Champion manage to take out two Gors in melee combat with ease

I think you shouldn't be so intimidated by the Warriors, they might be great in melee combat but they are slow and lack any ranged support aside from throwing weapons.

This was just an brief glimpse at the first game, as the campaign progresses the warriors do get stronger but only by a little bit. He would on average get about 80 gold per game and would lose half of that if he bought a mutation or warrior, he spent most his money on hiring a new chaos hounds or giving new weapons to his warband.

As you can see that of all the gods have their own way to work around their slow movement

Against Ranged Weapons

- Tzeentch has additional armor saves
- Slaanesh has an easier time passing route tests
- Nurgle uses either Cloud of flies or high toughness
- Khorne requires a hire amount of units to be taken OoA before they are routed

And yes, I will admit they are deadly in close combat, but if you really look at their stats, alot of units have similar stats.

Chosen Warrior vs Bestigor

Chosen:M 3; Ws 4; Bs 2; S 4; T 4; W 1: I 3; A 1; Ld 7 - 65 coins

Bestigor: M 5; Ws 4; Bs 3; S 4; T 4; W 1; I 3; A 1; Ld 7 - 45 coins

So if we look here, Bestigor has equal or better stats across the line and is 20 coins cheaper, sure a Chosen has Heavy Armor but tbh we all know armor isn't THAT big of a deal in Mordheim.
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

Warriors of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos   Warriors of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011 - 22:06

Basically you can have a whole warband with chosen.

The stats of he warriors are the same as the one of the chosen

The stats of he beastman heroes maybe are as good as the stats you choose for the warrior heroes, But you gave every mdel a 4+armour save at nearly no costs (BtB cost was 185 gc).

And the beastman warband is one of the toughest warband available
M 3 for warriors seems to be wrong. They are human and not dwarfs.

Throw out the armours, give them M 4 degrade the henchman warriors to the BtB marauder level, make them cheaper

or

give them M4 make them a lot more expensive and weaken the warriors to have a difference to the chosen.

Maybe this could work too.

Nevertheless, sorry if i was to harsh on my post before.

Back to top Go down
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Personal Info

Warriors of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos   Warriors of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011 - 22:18

Well those are great ideas, but I am keeping the units in the warband as they are, aside from changing rules and cost of gear. You see this warband is giving up range and movement for melee and resilience.

I hope you guys see that Chaos Armor = Heavy Armor so they only have a 5+ save, if you give them a shield the suffer to -1 to their movement making them M 2.

I personally believe that this army is balanced and I am sure that if you played against it or play it you'll see isn't as strong as it seems.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Warriors of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos   Warriors of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011 - 23:30

i would recommend dropping the number of starting Heroes down to 4. Most (balanced) warbands start with 6 below-human stat heroes, 5 human stat heroes, or 4 above-human stat heroes. These definitely fall into the final category.

Favor of the Gods: These blessings aren't a bad call, but I think it'd be better if you broke it into three parts:
Champion & Chosen:
Spellcaster
Warriors

Each get a (weak) bonus, without any overlapping.

Undivided: what, no love for the undivided worshipper? Alternatively, you could give the Khorne warband an Undivided spellcaster- he's not Khorne, but he's not dedicated to any rival.

Blessings: You must, must MUST include when you can buy it (ex. at start up), and how many (ex. may buy any number, but cost double past the first.)

Dragon Ogre: Is there any penalty for experience with the Dragon Ogre? (Ex. learns half rate, cannot become a hero, cannot gain exp [too ancient].) If he can become a hero, you need to include Max stats. I recommend that he CAN'T, this warband's potentially strong enough!

Movement: I probably wouldn't have gone with M3 myself, but I can see why you did. I recommend you raise the Maximum Movement to 5 (same as normal Humans), in the rare chance that someone maxes out most of his stats.

Balance: No offense, but one fight against a Beastman does not automatically equal balanced. That being said, if you're looking for ways to tone them done, a few options/inspirations to look at include:

>LIzardmen. As Saurus are also S4, T4, and have a 5+ save, they might be a good warband to look at as a model. If you go with this frame, you might consider adding Marauders as the basic unit, and 0-4 or 0-5 Warriors as the elite unit. (The Lizardman warband has an added drawback- you can't have more Elites than common!) This warband also has 4 heroes (like I mentioned above.)

>Beastmen - 5 super strong heroes, but only human level henchmen. (The exception being a mere 0-5 gors, and an expensive Big Guy.) Like the skaven, their speed and strong heroes are balanced by their less impressive henchs and measly leadership. As Warrior Leadership is good (you kept it at 8... smart move), maybe they have a DIFFERENT penalty... maybe if you voluntarily rout, you anger the gods? Maybe your leader gains 1D3 experience less than he would learn? (can never get a negative number.) If you vol rout, you get half the Exploration dice you would otherwise?

>Skaven - I mention the skaven only in that they can hire VERY few hired swords. If the Warriors have Max size of 12, and can hire only 1 or 2 hired swords, this will give them a big drawback in large campaigns, as they will be outnumbered!

>Undead Model: Don't want to have Marauders? Then add some slaves... human dregs driven before the warband as a cheap screen. This provides a nice animal alternative, which can wield weapons. Like the Undead band, however, the only models that can become humans are the expensive ones (the Warriors.)

>Tribute: Maybe they have to offer up a sacrifice to the gods every single game. If, after any game, an opposing model isn't killed (as in, rolls Dead), the Warriors have to pay a fine. Maybe they have to sacrifice a member of their warband? (They may purchase a sacrificial lamb for the purpose immediately before hand... which means you're out a 30 gc dog.) Or maybe they just lose X amount of money, who knows. This way, the expensive warband just got even more expensive. (Just like the Ogre and Maneater warband... their strength is offset by their high price and higher maintenance)
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Sponsored content

Warriors of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Chaos   Warriors of Chaos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warriors of Chaos
Page 1 of 1