Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Miscellanious Equipment

Go down 
+3
Lord 0
DRD1812
zynxu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zynxu
Youngblood
Youngblood
zynxu

Trading Reputation : 0

Miscellanious Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Miscellanious Equipment   Miscellanious Equipment Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:09

I'm quite confused when it comes to miscellanious equipment, as well as rules regarding mounts. I'm fielding an undead army with 3 dregs. I know because dregs are humans they are allowed to ride horses or warhorse, but how much do they cost? Can i put all three dregs on warhorses? Do i need to do something special to aquire the mounts? I'd really appreciate some answers or atleast a direction in where to look for the answers
Back to top Go down
DRD1812
Warlord
Warlord
DRD1812

PostSubject: Re: Miscellanious Equipment   Miscellanious Equipment Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2011 - 20:24

Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Miscellanious Equipment   Miscellanious Equipment Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2011 - 20:37

Ah! so *there* is the rules for the normal whip! I knew I had seen them somewhere. Good to know.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Miscellanious Equipment   Miscellanious Equipment Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011 - 1:25

To be honest, I have never been convinced that the rules for mounts make them very viable for the cost. Which has never particularly bothered me, since I also don't think they fit into Mordheim well, which is where our games are almost always set. If we were doing more overland campaigns, I might give them a try (and this opinion is based on very little experience with mounts, so take it for what it is worth!).

(Since DRD 1812 answered your question, I felt a minor hijack might not be too annoying).
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Miscellanious Equipment   Miscellanious Equipment Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011 - 1:47

The rules for mounts are indeed a 'you wanted mounts? Well HERE YOU ARE! Still want 'em?" They seem to have been written by a mean headmaster who resented the project.

We use them quite a bit but not as written, that is an exercise in futility.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Miscellanious Equipment   Miscellanious Equipment Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011 - 3:20

@zynxu... Welcome to the forum. DRD1812 answered your question about mounts. As for miscellaneous equipment did you have any other questions or were they specific for mounts. Miscellaneous equipment can only be given to heroes unless the rules for the particular item says that it can be given to henchmen. There is such a variety of miscellaneous equipment that there is not much more to say without further guidence from you.

@Von Kurst... I'd be very interested in finding out about the rules for mounts that you use some day. Smile I've often noted from your battle reports that your gaming group uses a lot of mounts which seemed odd to me considering how 'dodgy' the official rules are for mounts. If you have house rules that you are able to articulate into a thread (similiar to what you did with your rules for naval battles perhaps) then I know that my gaming group at the very least would be quite interested in hearing about those rules as mounts and vehicles are our only remaining gripe with the Mordheim rules. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Miscellanious Equipment   Miscellanious Equipment Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011 - 12:29

Von Kurst wrote:
The rules for mounts are indeed a 'you wanted mounts? Well HERE YOU ARE! Still want 'em?" They seem to have been written by a mean headmaster who resented the project.

We use them quite a bit but not as written, that is an exercise in futility.

@ von Kurst

I totally agree, the rules seems not to be very well tought over.
I would love to take a look at the rules that you guys are using, since we would like to implement some "working" horse rules in to our own campaign.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Miscellanious Equipment   Miscellanious Equipment Icon_minitimeSat 16 Apr 2011 - 3:13

We have little to nothing written down, rather its omissions and commissions that are accepted as the way to play.

One codified rule we have is that a warband can spend 250 gold on mounts at the beginning of a Khemri or EiF campaign. Any warrior that begins the campaign mounted automatically has the proper skill to ride his mount. Any other special riding skills must be taken as normal.

Our second 'rule' is that if a scenario requires mounts or wagons, then any warriors that are so mounted count as having the appropriate skill for that battle only.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Miscellanious Equipment   Miscellanious Equipment Icon_minitimeSat 16 Apr 2011 - 3:18

Is the 250 in addition to or part of a warband's normal allowance?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Miscellanious Equipment   Miscellanious Equipment Icon_minitimeSat 16 Apr 2011 - 5:23

In addition. Warbands using mounts start with a possible 750 to spend. But the extra can only be spent on mounts or wagons. No one ever buys a wagon...
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Miscellanious Equipment   Miscellanious Equipment Icon_minitimeSat 16 Apr 2011 - 9:19

I made a model of a wagon just to use in our EIF campaign. Then started work on another wagon just in case someone else wanted to use one, but didn't feel like making one. They seemed to be a very good way of helping your henchmen keep up with your mounted heroes.

Since there is so much less terrain on an EIF board than a Mordheim board they seemed to be a good way to get your henchmen into melee rather than hiking through a hail of bow/longbow/crossbow fire. What makes it so that noone takes them?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Miscellanious Equipment   Miscellanious Equipment Icon_minitimeSat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:41

Mainly because no one sees it as a good option. Horrible things tend to happen to stagecoaches which puts us off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellanious Equipment   Miscellanious Equipment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miscellanious Equipment
Page 1 of 1