Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch

Go down 
+24
Alex
Kitsunae
floedebolle
Vagabond
Ser Tasnica
Spectre76
maxxev
Ezekiel
folketsfiende
HarryMason
werekin
Drayven
geekgirl
DeafNala
Hadriel Caine
Mo!
Mephysto
Von Kurst
5pointer
Grimscull
Tintin
FKSN
Eliazar
Pfreck
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Empty
PostSubject: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2011 - 20:14

Hi guys!

I haven't posted anything Mordheim related in ages, so it feels good to be finally back into Mordheim. After a little chat with Cianty and Werekin regarding their new supplement called "Mutiny in Marienburg", I'm proud to show you the first WIP's of my Watchmen gang. This is my first Officer, a henchman. He's carrying a Boathook (count-as Halberd), to fetch bodies and evidence from the river. He's also has an optional Lamplight - in case he needs one to inspect a victim. ;)I'm not sure if the twin-tailed comet on his hat is appropriate though, because technically Marienburg isn't part of the Empire anymore. I don't know if Sigmar is the primary deity for the Marienburgers, as most of them believe in Manann, Myrmidia and Verena. What do you guys think?

marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Riverwatch_01

marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Riverwatch_02

marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Riverwatch_03

He's not finished yet, he need some minor sculpt work and obviously a paint job. His fellow Officer is also in the works, also carrying a multifunctional Boathook and a Lamplight. More coming soon!

As always, comments & criticism are welcome!

Last edited by Pfreck on Fri 31 Jul 2015 - 18:06; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2011 - 20:42

Finally! That's a pretty cool watchmen. I doubt that he will stand a chance against the sneaky gypsies, though Wink

Very characterful conversion, I think the archer body fits perfectly. Where is the boat-hook from?
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2011 - 21:30

Oh man that's awesome, I love the new jacket. Cool stuff with the boathook and lamplight. The hook is from the troll kit, right?
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2011 - 22:12

Nice miniature indeed, and a very nice waffenrock! Here is mine... 1/1 scale though Smile

marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch DSCN6578

and in the field... with armour under it, between fighting, carrying my little girl around for a while hehe
marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch 59593_454704969016_756054016_5424150_3574612_n
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2011 - 23:50

The pieces work nicely together and the GS-work is fine too. Now get it painted!
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 0:08

That looks very cool indeed!

Now, to answer your comment about the comet, I agree that it is too sigmarite for any self-respecting Marienburger to be seen with. Taking care of that will make the miniature nigh-on perfect in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 0:09

Who could have thought? Our Tintin = Stephen Fry :-O
marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Stephen_fry-753087
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 1:47

Nice conversion! I am interested to see the rest of the band. Pity that the boat hook is 'counts as'. I was hoping that maybe there were new rules for it. Hate the pirates' boat hooks, useless.

The comet should go.
Back to top Go down
Mephysto
Veteran
Veteran
Mephysto

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 2:28

FKSN wrote:
Who could have thought? Our Tintin = Stephen Fry :-O
marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Stephen_fry-753087

My thought exactly! Laughing

So give it back! Razz
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 9:01

sweet conversion! nice greenstuff pretty smooth!
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 9:04

Aftertought... maybe for the boathook you can use the rules for the pitfighters "trident" = spear (strike first) + parry (as with sword) Smile 15gp...

The marienburg "police" are called the "black caps" so lose the comet and paint his hat black and done!!!
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 9:56

Cheers for the comments, guys!

Eliazar: Thanks dude! Hah you wish, my River Watch shall punish your smuggling gypsy scum, or worse; give them a life sentence on Rijker's Isle! FKSN is right, the boathook is from the new River Troll kit. Smile

Mo: Thanks, not really actually. The Black Caps are Marienburgs so called "City Watch", with the Watchmen gang you are able to choose between River Watch and Black Caps (City Watch). There are rules for boathooks, just not for Watchmen. Watchmen can't have tridents though, I like halberds better anyway! Wink

As for the twin-tailed comet; thanks for the suggestions guys - I'll remove it ASAP!

More coming soon.. bounce
Back to top Go down
Hadriel Caine
Captain
Captain
Hadriel Caine

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 12:07

Wow really crisp sculpting. Nice uncluttered composition. I'm new so I haven't seen your work before but I will be keeping a close watch.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 13:18

VERY COOL conversion...the boat hook is impressively large. NICE WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mephysto
Veteran
Veteran
Mephysto

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 15:50

My apologies for getting tied up with Master Fry and rudely forgetting to comment on the miniature itself, of course. Smile
The very nice miniature that perfectly captures that River Watch feeling for me; about the comet, maybe you could just remove the twin tails and leave the sphere as a kind of a golden brooch - a bit of subtle snobbishness and fashionability on-duty? Smile
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 16:14

Sounds cool... where can i find the rules you are refering to? My brother loves marienburg so we would love to give those rules a go!
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 18:11

Thanks for the comments! Very Happy

Mephysto: Thanks! Sounds like a good idea, I'll give it some thought.

Mo: Werekin is working on the Watchmen gang, the rules are still under development. But make sure to keep an eye on Liber Malefic! Wink

Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeTue 5 Apr 2011 - 11:10

Ok sweet, will do!
Back to top Go down
geekgirl
Champion
Champion
geekgirl

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeTue 5 Apr 2011 - 20:18

Eep! My river pirates better watch out! Love the boat hook! Looks like you're good with the green stuff too... very neat.

Looking forward to seeing some more Smile
Back to top Go down
Drayven
Knight
Knight
Drayven

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeTue 5 Apr 2011 - 20:25

Tintin wrote:

marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch 59593_454704969016_756054016_5424150_3574612_n

Are you dressed as a Kislevite bear tamer? Wink
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeWed 6 Apr 2011 - 13:42

No comets! Sigmar worship is only a minority faith in Marienburg. You would be looking at Manann and Handrich for divine inspiration. Verena will help with the paperwork that comes with a career in fighting crime. Wink

This looks excellent though. I hope you can find a fitting palette of colours to work with.

Boat hooks are obviously way cooler if you stick one on the end of a long shaft and call it a halberd!

Keep up the amazing work man. Those gypsy wharf rats won't know what hit them!

Regards,

Werekin
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2011 - 19:23

Thanks for the comments guys and girl!

Thanks for the heads up Stu, the comet is now removed. I'll see what I can do for deity specific iconography. I was thinking about adding Manann inspired details, perhaps a little trident?

Alright, I've done some work on my second Officer. He's not finished yet; his right arm still needs a sleeve and some other details. Both Officers will also get some pouches and some miscellaneous details. I've had a difficult time finding the right head for my Officer, I'm not really sure about this head either. What do you guys think?

marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Riverwatch_04

The bases will probably be cobblestone, as most of the battles will take place on the streets of Marienburg. Also, my Riverboat isn't going to be big enough to hold my entire warband, so no wooden-plank bases either. Wink

More coming soon, as always comments & criticism are welcome!
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011 - 0:10

Drayven wrote:
Tintin wrote:

Are you dressed as a Kislevite bear tamer? Wink

Hehe, well maybe a Empire bear tamer :-P
Back to top Go down
HarryMason
Knight
Knight
HarryMason

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011 - 3:02

Nice, very assertive pose and some very fancy boots! The head looks fine, you don't have to use the head with the biggest feather on its hat or manliest mustache on your leader model. Subtle authority look better.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011 - 8:12

Guys, no hijacking posts please Laughing

@ Pfreck: I like how you produce these charakterful models with just the right choice of parts and some subtle gs-work. Nothing spectacular, but the result is very nice every time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch   marienburg - The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marienburg Secretariat for Trading Equity - River Watch
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next