Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Witch Hunter Races

Go down 
+10
HarryMason
Lydor
Grimscull
Von Kurst
StyrofoamKing
RationalLemming
catferret
mweaver
Eliazar
Drayven
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Witch Hunter Races - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Races   Witch Hunter Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011 - 19:12

Zero88 wrote:
what would happen if a dwarf or elf grew up alone in reikland not knowing anything about there heritage? im sure theyd just go with the flow wouldnt they?

I agree with grimscull on that... the dwarf/elf might simply wonder why he looks so much different, but the humans would know and take care of that rather sooner than later - Warhammer races are not generally known for their multi-culturalism. And even considering they would be raised in belief of Sigmar, I doubt that the Witch Hunters, who are hardcore racists in a racist society, would give a rats ass if the elf was raised in the forest or by some imperial villagers.

THat said, I suppose some witch hunters might cooperate with dwarfs because they have a special bond to the individual (like Gortrek and Felix) and having a special relation, but elf as secluve folks who don't really bother with the doings of the lesser races and even more so won't regard a humand that died a mere 2000 years ago as a god, will likely not have anything to do with humans (says the one who even got an Elf pirate in his warband Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Lydor
Captain
Captain
Lydor

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Races   Witch Hunter Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011 - 10:21

Grimscull wrote:
Lydor wrote:

I use these as "Elven" witch hunters. i use all the stats for witch hunters, but they look awesome. i also use hunting cats instead of warhounds

These are some nice minis and would also make some great Dark Elves. But the cats aren't up to the sculpting-standard of the PP-Minis, or are they? Imagine them looking strange together.

Nope, they are not, and yes...they look weird feilded together! Very Happy but im in the market for some better cats, as it were
Back to top Go down
Nexie
Youngblood
Youngblood
Nexie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Races   Witch Hunter Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011 - 10:25

One might argue that the particular Elf/Dwarf possesses some skills* which are valued by the hunters, and therefore "tolerated" to exist within their warband (Like an expert tracker elf) - But that's just me.

"or just impossible to get anywhere else in the wartorn Mordheim - skilled mercenaries aren't exactly easy to come by"

Last edited by Nexie on Sat 26 Mar 2011 - 13:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Races   Witch Hunter Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011 - 13:49

Well, ultimately, even in the grim-dark world of Warhammer, there are individuals who are understanding and loving... I mean, I think they mentioned parents who refused to kill their own mutated children, out of attachment. (they were probably eaten by their own beastmen children, but it's an example of how some bonds will break convention, religion, and societal pressures.)

Although, I'm sure they'd be more understanding of dwarves than elves. The dwarves and sigmar were friends, and thus most people in the empire have heard of dwarves, even if they haven't seen them. Or, in the more stupid corners, a dwarf might be assumed to be a midget. Elves just LOOK magical... I wouldn't be surprised if they're mistaken for fairies or spirits.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Races   Witch Hunter Races - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Witch Hunter Races
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2