Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Marienburg Land Ship

Go down 
+7
Grimscull
Ezekiel
Paboook
FKSN
WarbossKurgan
DeafNala
cianty
11 posters
AuthorMessage
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Empty
PostSubject: The Marienburg Land Ship   marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011 - 21:38

It's now up on the Forge World site...
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/EMPIRE-MARIENBURG-CLASS-LAND-SHIP.html

I can see it transporting my Marienburg warband across the flaming empire grounds... or through the streets of the city of trade itself... Rolling Eyes

Is this an amazing piece or what?

marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Landship1
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Land Ship   marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011 - 22:19

Agreed...that is an UBERCOOL, UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING piece. For those of us impoverished types who can't come up with the $S, it will be a source of inspiration & unashamed theft. Suspect What a Face
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Land Ship   marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011 - 10:47

DeafNala wrote:
Agreed...that is an UBERCOOL, UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING piece. For those of us impoverished types who can't come up with the $S, it will be a source of inspiration & unashamed theft. Suspect What a Face
I concur! No way I can afford it, but ideas a-plenty!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Land Ship   marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011 - 13:07

I love the crew figures. Too cool!
Back to top Go down
Paboook
Warlord
Warlord
Paboook

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Land Ship   marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011 - 2:21

This beauty can make one start an empire army! Excellent! I love you
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Land Ship   marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011 - 10:33

Love the crew... not too big a fan of the ship though... think it quite a bulky apparatus, too cumbersome and heavy to be around any place other than a serious swampy area, where it can cart/sail around with relative ease... what you'd be doing there would be a mistery to me however Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Land Ship   marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011 - 12:23

I'm so happy I still have loads of Empire-MInis to paint. Otherwise I'd have to seriously consider buying this thing!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Land Ship   marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011 - 13:21

Ezekiel wrote:
Love the crew... not too big a fan of the ship though... think it quite a bulky apparatus, too cumbersome and heavy to be around any place other than a serious swampy area, where it can cart/sail around with relative ease... what you'd be doing there would be a mistery to me however Smile

Haha, quite true. Isn't the Empire supposed to be full of thick forests? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Land Ship   marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011 - 19:05

I agree with DeafNala ...i like very much this model...but i'll never have enough money to buy it...better scratchbuild it lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Land Ship   marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011 - 13:17

Agreed, this thing is impressive. I've seen it for the first time at Gamesday Germany last year. Had a short chat with Mark Bedford about the setting. I took this quote from Warseer, as I'm too lazy to write a story about what Mark Bedford told me.. Razz

Grimstonefire from Warseer wrote:
The first book Tamurkhan focuses on Tamur Khan (a Nurgle worshipping warlord) who is marching west through the lands of the Chaos Dwarfs and the Ogre Kingdoms. Finally ending up in the Empire.

Tamur has taken the form of an Ogre as he takes on the form of whatever he kills, otherwise he is just a big maggot or a lot of small maggots which are release when he is wounded.

The 4 brothers (major powers) divide the world into quarters, each heading in a different direction. The Nurgle invasion starts just north of the mountains of Mourn. Some Ogres fight against Chaos, some join Chaos. They then move on through the steppes and dark lands, picking up Chaos Dwarf and Hobgoblin allies and fight their way over the mountains and along the Reik towards Marienburg. at some point the Nurgle Lord bathes in the Reik and turns it to pus. The Plague Toads are either daemons who have used the befouled Reik as a warp rift or possessed/mutated wildlife from the river.
Which means that ships are basically useless, hence why they turned them into Landships!

Oh! And Marienburg is surrounded by the Cursed Marshes, does it makes sense now? Wink

Last edited by Pfreck on Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 14:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Land Ship   marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011 - 13:34

The Beasty is getting quite a mixed review over at the Lead Adventure Forum...love it or hate it, no one can afford it. Suspect
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=27201.0
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Land Ship   marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011 - 11:38

I think that the story is, to say the least, wanting. I am not a great fan of the later part of the warhammer lore, I will stick to old WHFRPG setting and be quite happy with it all. However, the model in it self is quite impressive, but not something that I would like in my own RPG campaign. We have dwarfen airships though, something that is on the list of what to scratchbuild.
The model have some great potential as a display piece I am sure, and also for those gamers that want something impressive and great to field, I mean, it is without doubt an eye catcher!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marienburg Land Ship   marienburg - The Marienburg Land Ship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marienburg Land Ship
Page 1 of 1