Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Estalian Sun

Go down 
+5
Horatius
DeafNala
Eliazar
WarbossKurgan
Von Kurst
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 6 May 2011 - 6:55

Week 7--Halfway

Brigands in the Pasturelands
Or 'I fought the Law and the Law won"

The idyllic countryside of central Estallia--
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Landcape1-1-620x468

The Faithful attempted to infiltrate enemy territory. Unfortunately one of their local contacts turned out to be a notorious outlaw. (Selfless rebels are so hard to find.) By coincidence the Sisters of Sigmar's Vigilance happened to lead a crusade to purge the undesirable elements just as the Faithful moved into the country.

Haroum and his men tried to ambush the crusaders on the outskirts of a forest, but the combination of mounted nuns and THREE Road Wardens was too much for the Arabyans. The Faithful fought a running skirmish with the crusade, but the Arabyans were forced to flee deeper into the forest to avoid capture.

Post Battle
All of the Arabyans' casualties recovered from their injuries. The three outlaws who had joined them were all killed or captured, but Haroum counted them as a small loss.

The Sisters suffer no losses. More of them learn to ride.

The Faithful found themselves hunted in a strange land. Fortunately they were able to elude their pursuers. Haroum led his warriors south toward friendly territory. Fate placed a small village between the Arabyans and safety.

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 9-620x309

The Faithful attacked the village from the cover of the forest. A wave of villagers met them near the nearest hut. In a brief struggle one of the Janissaries was killed. The soldier's death enraged the Arabyans and they cut the last villager down without mercy.

As they recovered from the sudden violence the Arabyans realized that there was a general battle taking place around the village. At first the Faithful thought that the crusaders had caught up with them, then they recognized the flamboyant costumes of the Tileans. How the Trulls came to attack this lonely settlement at the same time was something Haroum would ponder later. For now Haroum hurled his men forward. The villagers had put up a stiffer fight against the Trulls, perhaps the Estalians had warning of the Tileans attack. Whatever the reason, the Faithful were able to occupy one of the houses. Atabeg and Achmed fired arrows into the advancing Remasens as Haroum and the rest of the crew charged the Remasen skirmish line.

The sudden attack overwhelmed the Tileans and they fled.

Post Battle
The Trulls suffer two male Duelists captured. The rest of their casualties recover from their wounds and escape the debacle at the village.

The Faithful lost one Janissary killed. The captured Remasens both abjure their faith and accept the One. They are placed under the watchful eye of Abu the Monkey Man. Two villagers are also captured. They are sold to the first slave dealer the Faithful encounter.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Tue 10 May 2011 - 15:49; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 7 May 2011 - 20:14

X Marks the Spot
A variant of Hidden Treasure

Geshrat rubbed his paws together in anticipation. They were close to the treasure, the priest could feel it in his powerful bones. The man-thing had died trying to protect this secret. The fool! It was dead from the moment Geshrat's minions laid paws on it. To think such a lowly creature could bargain with a Plague Priest of Geshrat's rank, ha!

A novice rushed up. "M-more m-mm-man-things come, oh Mighty One," it squeaked.

"Where?" demanded Geshrat. "My pet and I shall greet them!"

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 ChadsPesiltence10

"Th-hh-ey advance to our front, oh Most Virulent," the novice mewled. It was attempting to grovel and point at the same time. Geshrat was most gratified. His pet poked the prone novice with a massive claw. The fool shrieked and squirted the musk of fear. Geshrat rapped the huge paw with the flat of his sword.

"Not yet!" growled Geshrat. "Soon-soon there be more man-flesh! Yes!"

The massive beast growled but sniffed the wind and shuffled forward to tug at its chains. Geshrat signaled his congregation to advance.

The Pandemium discovered the treasure almost immediately. Rather than press his advantage in the face of many crossbows, Geshrat choose to spirit the chest from the field, (guarded by himself and his most valuable rat ogre, naturally.) Giant rats and novices covered his glorious and triumphant advance to the rear.

Post Battle
No casualties were reported on either side. The Tileans made an attempt to pursue the fleeing rats but were really content to let Geshrat escape without a confrontation.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 7 May 2011 - 20:29

I love the "Glorious Advance to the Rear" & the Rat Ogre ROCKS! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 9 May 2011 - 20:51

The Frenzied Mob II
A sequel in which the forces of Good and Evil collide

Geshrat strode confidently toward the crest of the hill. At his side the comforting bulk of the his rat ogre added to his self image of authority and majesty. And piety, Geshrat reminded himself that he only lived to serve the interests of the Horned One, who had blessed him beyond all Skaven.

Geshrat peered into the tranquil valley below. At his back the dying sun cast long shadows over the valley floor. There was little activity in the hovels below. Geshrat bared his fangs. That was about to change! As soon as the hated sun was below the rim of the mountains Geshrat urged his minions forward.

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Tavern

Chittering and squeaking his unstoppable horde of pestilent disciples poured over the hill toward the valley below. As they closed a ragged line of man-things sought to oppose his invincible minions. The cretins died where they stood or were captured. None escaped! Geshrat gloried in the power that he commanded.

"EEeek!" a giant rat squealed as a crossbow bolt tore into it.

"n-m-Master!" squeaked a novice. "More-more man-t-th-things attack us!"

Geshrat could see another line of warriors approaching. Only one of them bore a torch but Geshrat did not need the poor light of the fire to identify the simple fools who would oppose him. Curse them! It was those meddlesome females who had tried to invade his burrow! Would they challenge him again! Geshrat laughed out loud!

"More-more tender flesh for us!" Geshrat called to his minions. "Kill-kill them!"

With such expert leadership the Skaven could not hope but to obey. They inched forward cautiously as a rain of sling-stones and crossbow bolts pattered off the thick hide of the rat ogre at Geshrat's side.

BOOM! Initiate Trellit fired his blunderbuss toward a mounted warrior. The horse suddenly reared out of the way. An armored female on foot took the brunt of the blast and went down with a scream. The surviving females all screamed "Mother!"

Mounted warriors charged down the lanes of the village. Geshrats minions swarmed them and tore the women from their horses' backs or were smashed to the ground themselves.

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Skaven_concept

The ambitious sorcerer Frayd attacked an obviously blind horsewoman who easily avoided his clumsy attacks and thwarted his attempts to chant a spell. "Aid me Master!" cried Frayd as the sightless woman smote his rat familar with a shining sword.

Geshrat glanced toward Frayd for a moment, but noticed more man-things rushing to attack the upstart sorcerer. Instead Geshrat chose to urge his pet to attack a lone woman who had entered a narrow hedge-lined lane nearby. She looked to be a worthy victim. (She proved her worth by properly cowering when attacked by Geshrat and his pet.)

Post Battle
The game was declared a draw due to Store Closing.
Causality reports are unavailable for the Sisters.

The Pandemium suffered the rat familiar Carrion killed. Initiate Zethec suffered a Smashed Leg. He will miss the next game to recover. Initiate Trellit was captured by a Murosan promoter and will be featured in the coming Bull Fights!

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 21 May 2011 - 5:25; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
grtbrt
Youngblood
Youngblood
grtbrt

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011 - 4:02

The Arm of the Protectorate
Captain D'Hevler and the crew of the Allume decide to take a holiday :
After their last encounters with the interlopers into the Estalian countryside left them exhausted ,but very well off ,Captain D'hevler decides to allow his crew some time ashore to work off their stress (it is indeed very stressful bringing the enlightenment of the Protectorate to these Estalian peasants and their superstitious villages )
Unfortunately due to the tendencies of the estalians not to be as open with their hospitality as the crew expected -there were a number of incidents -which led to the crew being confined to quarters while D'Hevler sorted out the legal problems and paid the proper "fines "Thus the crew did not patrol last session .
another unforunate result was that the Protectorate assigned a road warden to keep an eye on the crew (and of course made the crew pay for him as well . So Sir Edradour has joined the "Arm"t

Last edited by grtbrt on Tue 10 May 2011 - 8:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
grtbrt
Youngblood
Youngblood
grtbrt

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011 - 4:03

The Arm of the Protectorate :
Heros
Captain : Jon D’Hevler Comte d’ Yquem-Cutlass,Dueling pistol x 2 .Lt Arm.Helm
M: WS: BS: S: T: W: I: A: LD: skills:Trickshot, Step aside
4 4 4 3 4 2 4 1 8
Hardened
Mate :Bonne Chatte – Cutlass,Dueling pistol x 2 .Lt Arm,
M: WS: BS: S: T: W: I: A: LD: skills: Eagle Eyes, Trick Shot, step aside
4 4 3 4 3 1 3 2 7
Mate : Petite Colombe –Cutlass, X bow,Cat o’9 ,Lt arm,
M: WS: BS: S: T: W: I: A: LD: skills: Trick Shot, nimble , quickshot
4 4 5 3 4 2 3 1 7
Cabin : Mouche -Cutlass ,X bow, Hammer .lt arm,helm
M: WS: BS: S: T: W: I: A: LD: skills: strike to injure , Jump up
4 3 2 4 4 2 3 2 6
Hardened
Cabin :Jean Crapaud –Cutlass, Dueling pistol, x bow ,Cat o’9,,Lite arm, Helm
M: WS: BS: S: T: W: I: A: LD: skills: Strike to injure,step aside ,Looter
4 3 2 4 3 2 2 1 6
injured –1 init.
Midship(LGT): Hirondelle -Boarding axe(2handed) Cutlass, X bow, Lt arm, Helm,
M: WS: BS: S: T: W: I: A: LD: skills:Sprint, Strongman,jump up
4 3 3 3 3 2 4 2 7

Crew of the Allume
Crew : Tante,Requin: xbow,cutlass,axe,lt arm. helm
M 4 :Ws 3:Bs 4:S 3: T 3:W 1: I 3: A 1: ld 8:
Gunner : Patapouf,: Blunderbus, handgun, Hammer, cutlass-leather
M 4 :Ws 3:Bs 4:S 3: T 3:W 1: I 4: A 1: ld 7
Bosun : Rousse Singe: belaying pins ,cutlass, axe, x-bow.leather
M 4 :Ws 3:Bs 3:S 3: T 3:W 1: I 4: A 2: ld 8:
Marine : Lupin,Mec : xbow,cutlass,shield, axe.lt arm, helm
M 4 :Ws 3:Bs 3:S 3: T 3:W 1: I 3: A 1: ld 7:
Gunner : Petite Mal : Blunderbus,cutlass,axe leather
M 4 :Ws 3:Bs 3:S 3: T 3:W 1: I 3: A 1: ld 7:

Hired Swords :
Marrante : wood elf
Sir Edradour : road warden

Swabbies (who really cares )
a) Paspatoo :ex-arab
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011 - 15:41

Chadwicc wrote:

The Pandemium

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 HornedRatSymbol

Heroes
Geshrat, Plague Priest
sword x 2, dagger, sling, LC, Unholy Relic, warpstone amulet, Stone of Regeneration. Skills: Fear, Expert Swordsman
M5  WS4  BS4  S4  T4  W3  I6 A1  Ld7

Frayd, Pestilens Sorcerer
spear, sword, dagger, sling, warpstone amulet, LC, scroll of the rat familiar, familiar    Spell: Sorcerer's Curse, Eye of the Warp, Black Fury Injury: Broken Leg
M4  WS3  BS3  S4  T4  W1  I5  A1  Ld6

Skebble, Plague Monk
censor, dagger, LC, warpstone amulet     Skills: Black Hunger, Censor Bearer (frenzy), Rotten Body Injury: Old Battle Wound
M5  WS4  BS3  S3  T4  W1  I6  A1  Ld7

Mizzel, Plague Monk
Plague Monk: two disease daggers, LC, sling, warpstone amulet    Skills: Resilient, lightning reflexes, Fear, Mighty Blow Injury: Madness--Stupidity
M5  WS4  BS3  S3  T4  W1  I5  A2  Ld6

Zethec, Monk Initiate
sword x 2, sling, LC, warpstone amulet     Skills: Expert Swordsman, Immune to fear, Lightning Reflexes                        Misses the next game due Smashed Leg
M5  WS2  BS4  S2  T3  W2  I4  A2  Ld4

Trellit, Monk Initiate
sword, club, throwing stars, LC, warpstone amulet, blunderbuss    Skills: Weapons Expert               Awaiting a bullfight to see what happens to him
M5  WS1  BS4  S2  T2  W1  I6  A1  Ld5

Henchman
Plague Novice: spear, two daggers, sling
M5  WS4  BS4  S3  T3  W1  I5  A1  Ld5

Plague Novice: sword, dagger, sling
M5  WS4  BS3  S3  T3  W1  I5  A1  Ld6

M5  WS3  BS3  S4  T3  W1  I4  A2  Ld5

Plague Novice: sword, club, sling
M5  WS3  BS3  S3  T3  W1  I4  A1  Ld5

3 giant rats

Carrion, rat familiar: giant rat, gains XP, grants one reroll of a spell casting per game if within 6" of sorcerer
M6  WS2  BS0  S3  T3  W1  I4  A1  Ld4

D’mot, Rat Ogre
M6  WS3  BS3  S5  T5  W3  I4  A3  Ld4

Simonson, Warlock, Staff            Skills: Flight, Silver Arrows of Arra
M4  WS2  BS2  S3  T3  W1  I4  A1  Ld9

Rating 294

Photos of the warband--
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t3831-clan-pestilence

Quote :
Arabyan Smugglers warband: The Children of the One

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 300px-Mameluke-in-Full-Armour

Heroes
Haroum the Wanderer, Rais
sword, dagger, bow, helmet, LC, RF, Rope and hook. Skill: Dodge, Step Aside
M4 WS4 BS5 S3 T3 W1 I5 A1 Ld8

Achmed Al Kuds, Mate
sword, dagger, bow, cat o' nine tails, helmet. LC, RF. Hunting Arrows, Rope and hook. Skill: Step Aside, Quickshot
M4 WS3 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld8

Atebeg, Mate
sword, dagger, bow, cat o' nine tails, helmet. LC, RF.
M4 WS4 BS4 S4 T3 W2 I3 A2 Ld7

Akbar, Mate
sword, dagger, throwing knives. blunderbuss(!) Greatcoat, LC, RF, Rope and hook. Skill: Weapons Master, Knife Fighter Injury: Nervous Condition I -1.
M4 WS3 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I2 A2 Ld7

Almah, Merchant
sword, dagger, LC, RF. Skills: (Wo)man of the World, Haggle, Looter.
M4 WS2 BS2 S2 T4 W2 I3 A1 Ld7

Al Bobo, Janissary, LGT
sword, dagger, bow, helmet, LC, RF. Skills: Step Aside, Resilient
M4 WS5 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld8

Henchman
Tariq, Janissary--sword, dagger, shield
M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ld7

Rashid, Janissary-- sword, dagger, bow, shield
M4 WS4 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I4 A2 Ld7

Jud the Cursed, Janissary-- sword, dagger
M4 WS4 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I3 A2 Ld7

Abu the Monkey Man, Enrico the Fox, Teodor, warrors--sword, dagger, bow.
M4 WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I4 A2 Ld7

Doaud, warrior--sword, dagger, bow
M4 WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld7

Selim, warrior--sword, dagger, bow

Abdullah, warrior--sword, dagger
M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld7

Hired Swords
The Man with No Name, Tilean Marksman--sword, dagger, crossbow, light armor Skill: quickshot

Rating 285

Treasury: 1 gold. Stash: 2 torches

Last edited by Von Kurst on Thu 26 May 2011 - 5:35; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 May 2011 - 22:07

Week 8--Fate intervenes

The Frenzied Mob III
An End and a Beginning

The legend of Haroum the Wanderer spans many decades if not centuries. Tales of his deeds are told in many nations. It is said he led a perilous quest into the deserts of Khemri, that he slew a great monster in the deeps of a cave in Tilea and his ship the Dancing Cloud was a terror to those who sailed the seas from Lustria to the Sea of Nippon. In these later times of decadence and sloth his legend is often dismissed as a tale for children, a fancy. Yet monuments to this footloose sailor exist in many lands, bards still sing of his deeds and adventures search for his treasure hoard. Many cities claim to be his birthplace and several temples boast that they are the final home of his bones. All this is as it may be, and is so of other heroes greater and lesser. One small cemetery in southern Estalia may hold the truth.

The day was not exceptional. There was the threat of rain, which the locals said was very unusual. The Faithful heard their words but to them the whole campaign had been fought in mud, gale or bitter cold.

The clouds were low and dark, but the land was yet green with the coming of spring and the promise of summer. The village in question may have had a name, but the name mattered only to the folk who lived there. Haroum led the Faithful on a forced march to intercept a raiding party of Bretonnian pirates. As the Arabyans neared the village the skies let loose the rain, yet Haroum pressed on for he knew that the relief force had not arrived before the raiders, for he could already hear screams and war cries from the east.

As the Arabyans rushed toward the village, they were beset by crazed peasants.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 FrenziedmobB001

Haroum and his officers tried to restrain the men, but the peasants pressed their attack and arrows streaked out the rain. Achmed had to dispatch 2 of the peasants himself.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 FrenziedmobB002

Achmed pushed past the last villager, leaving him to the tender mercy of Almah. Al Bobo and Haroum occupied the nearest hut as the rest of the men took cover and tried to locate the source of the deadly arrows.

Akbar rescues the fallen Tariq from a maddened peasant (not pictured).
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 FrenziedmobB004

The pirates attacked out of the rain. Three Arabyans were out of action with arrow wounds. The Faithful's return fire forced a couple of pirates to dive for cover, but the rest of them came on. From the captured building Haroum fired one arrow that felled both an infidel knight and a nearby archer, such was his skill with the bow! Then as he reached for another arrow the snarling visage of a blood mad pirate broke through the shuttered window. The Rais was able to fend off most of the blows but suffered one seemingly minor wound. Haroum drew his sword, then collapsed dead.

The pirates attack the Arabyans. Haroum's killer is pictured in the lower right corner. (Haroum is lying dead inside the building.)
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 FrenziedmobB003

Alone and outnumbered, Al Bobo lost heart. Achmed tried to rally the Faithful but as the crew learned that Haroum had fallen their morale failed and they fled the field.

After the battle the Faithful were able to recover their Rais' body, but his possessions had been looted by the pirates. With heavy hearts the Faithful retreated toward the south.

Post Battle
The Faithful lost their leader, Rais Haroum. The faithless Remasen, Teodor surrendered to the Bretonnians and offered his worthless pledge to their foul gods.

In addition to Teodor the Oathbreaker, the Bretonnians discovered one of their murderous spies hanging from a gibbet. They freed the assassin. Such is the justice and mercy of Bretonnia.

Bloody and disheartened the Faithful carried their former lord's body toward the Fields of the Dead nearby.

(To be continued)

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 14 May 2011 - 3:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 May 2011 - 3:21

Quote :
Campos de Los Muertos

Written by fauthsie    Saturday, 08 January 2011

Known simply as the Fields of the Dead, this region is a blot on the beauty of Estalia. The armies of Estalia first meant the armies of Sultan Jaffar here and many savage battles were waged. The sorcerers of the Sultan used unseen fire magic to rout the brave Estalians, the lands were trampled under the weight of man and beast and fires burned away large swathes of land. The dead on both sides were so numerous that in places bodies are buried five deep. Monuments to the dead are everywhere, from simple stone markers to elaborate tombs, many of them so worn with time as to be unreadable. An air of fear hangs over the region like a pall and tales of unquiet spirits and phantom armies are told over winter fires and on hot summer nights.

The interior of the region is dotted with ruined fortifications and watchtowers, many of which have had much of their stones hauled away to be used for peasant cottages and the like, their defenses now useful only for small comfort to downbeaten farmers! The low hills that cover the interior of the region are full of gullies and washes that, when flooded, still uncover a body or a suit of rusted armor or sometimes even a few brass buttons!

Rumors abound that these ruined bastions and towers are still manned by the specters of soldiers that don’t realize the war with the Jaffar is over and they are dead! Or perhaps they sense war is once more coming and are rising up to defend their posts…

The Ancient Battlefield
A Tale of Horror and Courage

The Faithful carried the body of Rais Haroum to the borders of the Fields of the Dead. He had told them of an ancestor buried nearby and they intended that their lord would rest with his honored kin. They were sore and tired by the time they had reached the tomb and laid the body to rest. Rais Al Kuds led them a short distance form the tomb and ordered a camp set up. The exhausted Arabyans raised their tents and set their guards among the dolmens and graves.

Rais Al Kuds had barely closed his eyes when he was wakened by a sentry. "Arise oh Rais!" the terrified man cried. "The Djinn and the daemon cry on the wind and the dead do walk!"

"Hush, you fool!" growled Achmed. "Trust in the One and your sword!"

Achmed left his tent to find the whole camp aroused. The men faced toward the east. The night was cloudy, but the Morrslieb shown brightly through when the wind created gaps in the swirling clouds. The wind called to him. A deep voice chanted litanies that the Rais did not understand, but he knew they boded no good for his soul.

Then an arrow arched from the darkness.

"Aaiiiieee! We are attacked!" cried Enrico.

The Arabyans approach a burial mound. Enrico and Selim battle an undead guardian,
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 AncientBattlefield001

A procession of nuns approach from the east.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 AncientBattlefield002

The lone male horseman represents the Sisters hired Road Warden. He's got the torch.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 AncientBattlefield003

Enrico and Selim fought their way into the desecrated tomb. There they confronted the foul necromancer and destroyed him. With the destruction of the necromancer the assault by the undead ceased. However the Arabyans could not convince the militant nuns that they had not caused the Undead to walk, nor did they try very hard to do so.

Battle is joined by the living.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 AncientBattlefield004

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 AncientBattlefield005

The Sisters ran into a rain of arrows and blunderbuss shot. Many fell wounded. Horses reared and neighed in pain. The Sisters replied with sling stones and crossbow bolts, but suddenly the Road Warden cried out as he and his horse collapsed. His torch went out and the Sisters retreated into the darkness.

Post Battle
The Sisters of Sigmar suffered the loss of 2 nuns and one horse. They withdrew from the Fields of the Dead in sorrow.

The Faithful had survived their first test. They marched north as well after securing Haroum's tomb.
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 May 2011 - 19:55

Thanks for the short but fiereports with pictures.

One question: Are the horses really useful for the sisters?

The are expensive need a skill and you can be better seen.

I would like to see more horses in our games, but the skill issue and the high price is a hindrance.

Maybe we will give any horse owner the ride skill for free.

What do you think about this?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 May 2011 - 20:08

You are welcome.

Their usefulness I will leave up to Playtable, who as you may gather from the next battle report, has some opinions on the matter.

Expense--The Sisters horses were all obtained by theft or graft. They stole all of their personal mounts during the scenario Blood on the Pasturelands, which they won twice.

The Ride Skill--I agree. Ordinarily we would have played that each warband in the campaign that could buy mounts would have 250 extra gold to spend only on mounts AND any hero that starts the campaign with a mount has the appropriate skill. But we didn't.
Thus the Sisters have all patiently learned to ride by gaining the skill. Only the Skaven have been successful horse thieves so none of the other warbands have horses, except for the ones that Hired Swords come with.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 May 2011 - 21:26

The Frenzied Mob IV
A Place called Waterloo

The bedraggled column trudged along the dusty, rutted track. Some of the women wore bloodstained bandages, all of them wore habits stained with mud, blood and filth. Two of the horses bore stiff, bloody bundles. Ahead of them were the hills of the dread Campos de Los Muertos. Several hours march behind them were the blackened ruins of a village that had, until today, escaped the ravages of war.

Earlier that same day.
The day had dawned in triumph. The clear morning sky was lit by a bright yellow sun. The Sisters had finally trapped the heretic Tileans against the steep banks of a nameless stream. The Tileans had to cross by the bridge south of the village or be cut to pieces by the mounted nuns as they tried to ford. The nuns, by virtue of their horses, would get to the bridge first. The Tileans elected to try to force a crossing. Neither the Tileans nor the Sisters cared that the village lay between them.

The Sisters approached in a double line, mounted warriors in the lead. Instead of fleeing the villagers attacked! Most of the poor fools were ridden down, but one group was able to tip a nun off her horse. The Tileans had not been engaged and already the Sisters were down a hero!

The Sisters capture the bridge. The Tileans have barely reached the eastern buildings.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 FrenziedmobA002

The Sisters on foot mop up scattered villagers.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 FrenziedmobA001

With the bridge secured the Sisters stormed across the dirt track to attack the Tileans. Mounted warriors rode around the houses to cut off the Trulls still moving up to the buildings . However one horsewoman was out of action and two of the Sisters had dismounted to loot buildings (they claimed this was on orders), so the mounted warriors found themselves out-numbered and isolated.

The Trulls forted up inside the eastern buildings held the nuns off, while the Tilean infantry defeated the cavalry with archery and massed attacks. The Sisters were forced to abandon the attack and flee.

Post Battle
Quote :
Deaths (both games)
Heroes...
LGT sister Teresa II & her horse
a 2nd horse

Henchwomen...
Sister Zelda II
Sister Corina III
Sister Helen

I lost 7 rating from the start of the night to now 300.  Women are dropping like flies!
I had 15 and 5 horses last week at the start. 
Only 12 members with 3 horses now. 
Lots of deaths lately.  So, everything is normal for me.

The Tileans gained underdog experience and a victory. Casualty reports were not received.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Witchhunt
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Pirate20flag-2-1

Last edited by Von Kurst on Tue 17 May 2011 - 15:47; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
grtbrt
Youngblood
Youngblood
grtbrt

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011 - 2:07

Week 8:
The unbiased view of the Frenzied mobs :The Arm of the Protecorate smites the pagans part I
Having been informed that the band of Arabic pillagers under the command of Haroum was planning to attack and destroy the monastic community of Fuentes De Badaj ,Our Band of stalwart guardians (along wiith their recent addition and watchdog Sir Edradour )set out to defend this village .
Unfortunately the incesant and neverending rain forced a slower pace than D'hevler liked -that and the constant complaining and tardiness of Sir Edradour -kept the crew of the ALLUME form arriving prior to the arabic attack .
Coming in from the East side of the compound as fast as possible (D'Hevler and his crew could hear the screams and struggles from the west side .Some stout hearted peasants had already charged out of their houses(fools !) to engage therir foreign would be overlords (arab version), while a few obviosly confused and mentally befuddled (likely from drink or witchcraft ) charged out against THE ARM-and were promptly despatched for their insolence )
D;Hevler shouted the orders and the crew sparng into action -except for Sir Edradour who injured orders and tried to turn the left flank by himself .
Marrante the elf strode to the top of a nearby rise and started to give covring fire -promptly dropping one of the arabs from afar. Petie Colombe and Jean Crapaud led a group along the northern fenceline and advanced in stages with Petite Colombe and the xbow armed crewmen firing in support ( she killed 3 arabs herself ). D;hevler himself ledthe attack in the centre with Hirondelle being the vanguard who cleared the first building before charging into the 2nd one on the south side and interruoting the arabs looting it .
Sir edradour managed to fall off his horse -he insisted that he had been hit by an arrow but no trace was found of it .Jean Crapaud charged an arab who had leaned his head out the window to shoot and prom;tly (and surprizeingly ) killed him . This was the Arab leader the infamous slaver Haroum . The Arabs,being the cowars they are fled at this. The ARM were foiled in their pursuit of the enemy by coming across a victim of the arabs -a man claiming to be an Imperial Envoy ,who was strung up to hang .Upon being set free he announced that in gratitude he would help his saviors . Upon returning to the village it turned out one of the arabs was only feigning death and "volunteered " to join the Crew .He was a Remasan named Teodore who they had enslved weeks ago.

There were no Brettonian permanent losses .
Back to top Go down
grtbrt
Youngblood
Youngblood
grtbrt

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011 - 2:54

Week 8 game 2
The Defense of Fuentes -The ARM smites the heretics part II
A clear and sunny day spoiled by the intrusion of battle
After successfully defending Fuentes d' Badaj previously the ALLUME crew continued with their missions . It came as a bit of a shock when days later an out of breath novice from the monastery came into their camp to beg for their help again because some of the monks had become possesed by evil and had asked a Remasan/Tilean bandit group for protection . Being the ARM OF THE POTECTORATE and defenders of all Estalia that is under their watchfull eye D;Hevler agreed to return to the Village and help them expunge both the Possessed monks and the Remasans -(who called themselves the Tilean Trulls ) even the watchdog Sir Edradour agreed that this was a good thing to do ..view of the compound
Advancing onto the village from the East once again (D'hevler knew that fighting on familar ground was an advantage not to be sneerer at ). they were immediately attacked by 2 monks frothing at the mouth and screaming in an ancient tongue -pausing merely a moment to dispose of them the band advanced into the compound itself . Their actions gave heart to the uncontanimated inhabitants who stormed out of the building to attack the Trulls ,killing one of them and holding up the rest from advancing into the compound .
The Brettonians along with Sir Edradour and the Imperial Envoy swept to the attack under a covering fire of crossbow bolts . Killing 3 more of the Trulls and leading to their rout (perhaps the fact their leaders kept well back had something to do with this as well ). Mouche felt himslef lucky to have survuved as he was the target of no less than 12 shots with being scratched . In the Aftermath of the fight the sole surving possessed monk was found and under questioning admitted to being a cultist of a dark god -so he was burned and the surviviing inhabitants celebrated . 2 Members of the Trulls survvied their wounds and volunteered to join the crew (as opposed to joing the Dark Monk on the fire ) One of them saw the Imperial Envoy and she immediately cried out "ASSASSIN !!!" -. As everyone ran to their weapons he loudly stated "Yes that is what I am and here by the request fof the protectorate ,harm me at your peril " Sir Edradour acknowledged that this was the truth . D'Hevler took him to one side and told him that his debt of gratitude was paid and to please leave as the crew were uncomfortable around paid killers .
(the post battle exploration was 5x4's Dark Priest -hence his influence in the battle , The Assassin didn't fit within my thoughts of the band )
again no permanent Brettonian losses -I think the Trulls only lost the 2 hench(wo)men that joined me
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2011 - 5:49

Week 9--The Return of Geshrat

The Bullfight
A first in the history of Estalian bullfighting took place when the Initiate Trellit fought the mechanical bull of Senor Juan Travolli!

A partizan crowd.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 BullFight101

Slightly confused on the etiquette of the bullfight, Trellit charges the bull!
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 BullFight102

The Pandemium reacts to the carnage!
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 BullFight103

El Toro is victorious!
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 BullFight104

Rumor has it that Trellit survived his only bout in the arena, but was murdered by angry fans before he could re-join the Pandemium. A spokesrat for the Pandemium denies this: "Trellit is recovering from his honorable injuries at his burrow in the mountains. He will return to compete again."
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 May 2011 - 0:01

The Lost Explorer
A Tale of Rescue and Redemption (and a variant of the Lost Prince)

Marcelino de Sanz, the renowned explorer, staggered down the dark, twisted tunnel.

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Free

It had been a long time since the ambush in the Troll Halls scattered his expedition. He feared that he alone survived. Just two days past (he believed) he had sent his last companion the little dog, Pepe, away to "get help!" Marcelino missed the feisty little mutt, but he feared that if Pepe remained, Marcelino would be forced to eat him.This way perhaps the dog would win through to the surface world. Marcelino had given up on ever seeing the sun again.

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 7c.thumbnail

De Sanz had found some of the curious underground mushrooms that sometimes grew in this sunless land. But he feared that instead of providing nourishment, the fungus was driving him mad. Often he thought he could see eyes in the darkness around him. Sometimes he saw odd greenish lights in distant caverns. At this very instant he could see dozens of eyes ahead in the gloom. And chittering, and the sound of clawed feet on cold stone! Oh it was too much! The Rat-men had come for him again! Marcelino fled back the way he had come. He collided blindly with a column of stone in the dark and fell swooning on the rocky ground.

The explorer recovered quickly, but when he opened his eyes there was a MAN beside him. A HUMAN. He almost wept. Behind the man pandemonium broke loose. There were screams and roars, the clash of weapons. Marcelino could have sworn he heard women chanting, but he was certain he heard the deep chittering voice that had haunted him ever since the expedition had been attacked.

"This way Sir," said the robed man. He pulled Marcelino toward a side corridor the explorer had not noticed.

"Where?" Marcelino was having trouble speaking. He tried to see his rescuer more clearly, but there was little light. The man's accent was odd, Marcelino could not place it.

"This way!" said the man. "We must hurry! They are coming! The monks may not hold them long!"

"The monks?" Marcelino could not concentrate. Monks? Was he near a monastery? "Oh sweet Myrmidia be praised!" Marcelino shouted.

The man leading him recoiled in horror. "Do not speak that Name here!" he ordered. He grabbed Marcelino's arm and dragged the dazed explorer toward a dark cavern mouth.

Suddenly the narrow passage was bright with torchlight. "There you are!" called a firm confident female voice. "Halt Evil One!"

Marcelino was confused. His rescuer released his arm and brought his staff into a guard position. The man began to speak in a language the explorer had never heard. But the woman with the torch rushed toward them with a bright blade drawn, her torch trailing sparks. Other warriors pressed forward behind her. They called to each other in a mix of Tilean, Reikspeil and Arabyan.

"Masterrr! Aid meee!" screamed the man. Marcelino was shoved aside by one of the charging warriors. He fell sprawling against the stone wall. A blade rang on stone as a swordsman (or woman) tried to slash in the narrow corridor. The torch cast fantastic shadows of the struggling combatants. Marcelion could hear a dog barking. Little Pepe rushed along the corridor. The little beast skittered to a stop beside him growling at the mass of fighters. Then Pepe gave another bark and launched himself toward Marcelino's chest. The famous explorer was knocked back against the wall of the cavern again as the dog began licking every inch of him it could reach.

Post Battle
Quote :
The Dead:
I [Playtable] lost one henchwoman. 
I think the Skaven lost a giant rat or henchman. 
The Trulls had no one OOA to roll for.
Tileans win.  Their reward was some gc, light armor, and a helmet.

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Twl-update

The woods were silent, dark and deep. Geshrat growled at a novice who got too close to his pet. The rat ogre made a lazy grab for the fool and the monk squeaked and move away. Somewhere nearby were the females who had stolen his prey. His minions had tracked them up from the deeps. Geshrat had followed. Soon-soon they would pay.

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 RatOgre2

An unearthly howl split the silence of the night. The novices and the lesser rats squeaked and chittered with sudden dread. Geshrat bared his fangs. The rat ogre growled deep and menacing. Another howl answered the first. Geshrat looked more closely at his surroundings. That fallen tree, had he seen it before? He sniffed the wind. Yessss. This place was familiar. Did the females remember? Had they lead Geshrat back to this haunted wood? Or were they merely flying before him in fear?

Screams and horrible growls erupted from the forrest. Geshrat could not tell the direction of the battle, but he guessed that one of the hunters at least had found his prey.

"Quick-quick my brethren," Geshrat addressed his bewildered minions. "Let us fall upon these females while the forest daemon distracts them!'

The rank and file of the Pandemium squeaked and cowered. Some of them even rushed to obey. None of his current disciples had faced the forest fiends, attrition had seen to that. But the roars and shrieks coming form the surrounding woods did nothing for their ardor. The first giant rats had barely been driven into the woods on their left, when they streamed back out again. The rats fled from two huge canine shapes.

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Werewolf-werewolves-8013451-281-399

"Destroy them my pet!" Geshrat gestured toward the forest daemons pursuing the rats. That unholy fool Skebble was frothing at the mouth as he charged them. The rat ogre bounded in Skebbles wake alternately roaring and coughing as it breathed the censor's fumes.

Post Battle
The game was declared a tie by Store Closing.
The Sisters of Sigmar's Vigilance report no casualties as apparently they avoided the Things.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011 - 3:39

Week 9--Interlude.

Every month the Nineteen and 1 wargame club hosts a Mordheim night. Grtbrt is a member and I have attended as his guest. I made the trip north again last Thursday. They had 2 tables set up. One ruined city and one gothic pastoral (orchards, vineyards and fields dominated by a corrupted ruin. Once again I fielded the Free Company, a Remassen Warband who have fought in Lustria, Sartosa and Kehmri in their time. The Free Company count as Estalian Conquistadors.)

Chance Encounter
The Righteous smite the Righteous

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Landscape_12

Suddenly the stillness of the ruined suburb became chaos. The new man had drawn the short straw. He had scaled the rough, burned walls of the warehouse to get a better look into the city.

"What do you see?" called Captain de Guzman.

"Elffaaahh!" screamed the swordsman as he fell. The Captain looked at the still body crumpled near his feet. There was a long slim arrow protruding from the body's left shoulder.

A pack of baying hounds rushed across the broken ground beyond the ruin. Several chanting fanatics carrying flails turned down the rubble strewn street toward the Free Company's hastily forming line. Several mercenaries followed.

"Marksmen! Fire at will!" shouted de Guzman. He sent a bolt toward a distant warrior, then fell back to a ruined townhouse as crossbow bolts and arrows sought him in reply.

"Slay the heretics!" cried one of the Imperial officers.

"For Sigmar and for Muros!" shouted the men of the Free Company as they fell back before the rush. Diego Rivera was cut off. He charged into the pack of snarling dogs chopping left and right with his sword. Captain de Guzman saw the pack checked, but Diego slipped in the rubble and the dogs swarmed over him.

The dogs bounded past the fallen man as soon as he ceased to breathe. The pack rushed Senor Capone, but he had got behind a stout wall. The frenzied dogs could not get at the marksman. The flagellants had misjudged their rush. They fell short of the Estalian's line. Their charge faltered. Then de Guzman and his marksmen fired into the mass with their crossbows. Most of the fanatics fell in the first volley. As the survivors gathered for another charge, Brother Jochim leapt over the Free Company's barricade and led a counter charge.

The sudden charge broke the hounds and fanatics. The mercenaries and witch hunters who followed fell back rather than face the vengeful Estalians.

Post Battle
The Witch Hunters and the Free Company traded charges of treason and betrayal. The Witch Hunters blamed thick smoke from a burning ruin for their mistaken attack on the Estalian patrol. Captain de Guzman noted that it was a clear day and the fire was at least a mile off.

The Witch Hunters suffered one flagellant killed. Despite their retreat the Imperials kept all of their loot and managed to discover and loot a fletcher's stall as well.

The Free Company mourned Diego Rivera. Later as they were conducting services for the fallen flagellant, a huge ogre appeared from the burned orchard to the south. "Gonna eat dat?" he enquired.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011 - 3:16

Hidden Treasure
A Tale of Greed and Heresy

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 CanaryIslands_EN-US1962556206

In the heart of the pastoral countryside of Muros lies a hidden shrine to the dark gods. Captain de Guzman led the Free Company south of the city to investigate. Along the way he encountered refugees who told of a band of heretic pirates who were terrorizing the countryside. These heretics seemed particularly interested in finding this shrine. Several refugees reported being threatened with torture or worse by the villains.

Brother Jochim was all for sending to Muros for the Templars of Sigmar to aid them in destroying this band of raiders and heretics, but Captain de Guzman looked upon the bulk of the ogre, el Nino.

"We do not need those stinking Templars!" he said. "We have our old friend el Nino! Besides the pirates have stolen my family's relics! They search for something. A treasure? Perhaps we can recover the relics and capture this heretic treasure."

Brother Jochim had some reservations, but he knew the men did not trust the Imperial Sigmarites after the death of Diego. The good priest prayed for blessings and cleaned his weapons and armor.

"The raiders are west of us my Captain," reported the southron scout who called himself Usef. "They are heading this way. Perhaps what they seek is near. The nearby wood has an evil reputation."

Indeed the trees were dark and sinister looking. Brother Jochim chanted prayers of steadfastness and blessing as the men formed their skirmish lines. Captain de Guzman deployed his marksmen in the center to cover the advance of the wings. Montoya commanded the left, while de Soto directed the main strength of the company on the right. Because of his wounds, de Guzman remained in the center where his skill with a crossbow more than compensated for his many honorable wounds.

The Free Company came under fire from the enemy almost immediately. The marksmen replied. Men fell wounded on both sides. Boom! A blunderbuss blast severely wounded Senor de Soto, BOOM! A barrel of canister ripped through the trees sheltering the marksmen. No one was hurt.

El Nino cut the gunner with the blunderbuss down, but the man was able to stick his cutlass into the ogre before he fell. Then el Nino was the victim of foul sorcery! His weapons fell from his hands and he could not pick them back up! Brother Jochim tried to summon the power of Sigmar, but on this day the power of the dark gods was greater. The good priest was cut down by a mob of pirates. Without its leaders the right wing crumpled.

Captain de Guzman was forced to withdraw. The heretic pirates claim the treasure.

Post Battle
Despite the evil atmosphere, all of the Free Company's casualties recovered, though de Soto's wound will trouble him for the rest of his life (Old Battle Wound). As they left the evil wood Captain de Guzman was able to kill a white stag. Everyone agrees this is a good omen.

Fittingly the hidden treasure was in the woods where Brother Jochim and Senor de Soto fell. The victorious pirates pay the dark gods for their fortune with the life of the gunner.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Wed 25 May 2011 - 6:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 6:06

Week 9.5--makeup game.

During a lull in the awful weather last Sunday, I drove over to Playtable's house to advance the Faithful's careers. I recently discovered that my friend keeps a chronological digital file of ALL of his warband roster sheets for any warband he fields. So I had asked to face a warband from a past campaign rated between 290 and 320. This request proved more challenging than I had thought, but we had an interesting battle nonetheless.

The Warmachine
A Tale of Defiance and Sacrifice

Although Muros and the armies of the Sheik had become allies, earlier in the war the forces of Muros had treacherously attacked the Arabyans and their Imperial allies. Many garrisons had been overrun by invading armies or abandoned to shift forces to the new battle front. Rais al Kuds was ordered to lead a patrol to one such outpost to determine what stores and weapons had been abandoned by the Imperial army of General Maximillio Sforza.

The outpost was only one of many and had been abandoned for months, so the leader of the Faithful had low expectations as to what would await them. What Al Kuds did not expect was that the outpost would be occupied. However, these were the circumstances he had encountered. A small group of bandits or rogues of some kind were in possession of the ruins of the fort. One warehouse had been slightly repaired and a gun emplacement was manned. Achmed had not expected to face artillery, but he doubted that outlaws would be able to deploy it with any effect. There was no point in offering even inexperienced gunners choice targets, so the Rais dispersed his men into a loose three pronged attack.

The Man with No Name surveys the field.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 WarMachine01

BOOM! A fine rain of dust and debris pelted down on the Rais, Abu and Selim. The mortar bomb had missed them, but there was no hope of surprise.

"Attack!" shouted Rais Al Kuds. Arrows pelted down among the enemy, Several fell with minor wounds. One lay unmoving. The dwarf manning the mortar pulled a crossbow bolt from his thick skin and made an adjustment to his aim.

Al Bobo, Rashid and Akbar attack from the north. The unpainted Almah tries to avoid combat.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 WarMachine02

Atabeg leads the janissaries southern attack. A pursuer tries unsuccessfully to hold them.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 WarMachine04

Achmed, Abu, Selim and Enrico the Fox attack from the west. Doaud dodges javelins and magic missiles in the far jungle.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 WarMachine03

The gladiators suffered horribly in the arrow storm. However, the ogre, the undead fighter and the chaos fighter easily cut down Al Bobo, Rashid and Akbar. Almah fled toward the southeast vainly hoping to draw the ogre into the Man with No Name's crossbow range. Before the ogre could catch the fleeing girl, Sir Edward fell to Achmed's hunting arrows and the Pit Fighters surrendered.

Post Battle
The Main Event had only four heroes and a hired wizard standing when Sir Edward fell. All of the casualties recovered. Sir Edward seemed to be robbed, but then it was found that he should not have been out of action, let alone robbed because of a special Pit Fighter skill that was forgotten.

The Faithful captured the mortar, retained the Long Rifle and made al little extra from exploration. Al Bobo and Akbar both suffer hand injuries. Rashid suffers Horrible Scars. All of the other casualties recover from their wounds.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011 - 5:26

Chadwicc wrote:

The Pandemium

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 HornedRatSymbol

Heroes
Geshrat, Plague Priest
sword x 2, dagger, sling, LC, Unholy Relic, warpstone amulet, Stone of Regeneration. Skills: Fear, Expert Swordsman, Resilient
M5  WS4  BS4  S4  T4  W3  I6 A1  Ld7

Frayd, Pestilens Sorcerer
spear, sword, dagger, sling, warpstone amulet, LC, scroll of the rat familiar, familiar    Spell: Sorcerer's Curse, Eye of the Warp, Black Fury Injury: Broken Leg
M4  WS4  BS3  S4  T4  W1  I5  A1  Ld6

Skebble, Plague Monk
censor, dagger, LC, warpstone amulet     Skills: Black Hunger, Censor Bearer (frenzy), Rotten Body Injury: Old Battle Wound
M5  WS4  BS3  S4  T4  W1  I6  A1  Ld7

Mizzel, Plague Monk
Plague Monk: two disease daggers, LC, sling, warpstone amulet    Skills: Resilient, lightning reflexes, Fear, Mighty Blow Injury: Madness--Stupidity
M5  WS5  BS3  S3  T4  W1  I5  A2  Ld6

Zethec, Monk Initiate
sword x 2, sling, LC, warpstone amulet     Skills: Expert Swordsman, Immune to fear, Lightning Reflexes, Weapons Expert                       
M5  WS2  BS4  S2  T3  W2  I4  A2  Ld4

Trellit, Monk Initiate--Disappeared mysteriously after losing bullfight

Drester, Plague Novice LGT: spear, two daggers, sling
M5  WS3  BS3  S4  T3  W1  I4  A2  Ld5

Henchman
M5  WS4  BS4  S3  T3  W1  I5  A1  Ld5

Plague Novice: sword, dagger, sling
M5  WS4  BS4  S3  T3  W1  I5  A1  Ld6

Plague Novice: sword, club, sling
M5  WS3  BS4  S3  T3  W1  I4  A1  Ld5

3 giant rats

Carrion, rat familiar: giant rat, gains XP, grants one reroll of a spell casting per game if within 6" of sorcerer
M6  WS2  BS0  S3  T3  W1  I4  A1  Ld4

D’mot, Rat Ogre
M6  WS3  BS3  S5  T5  W3  I4  A3  Ld4

Simonson, Warlock, Staff            Skills: Flight, Silver Arrows of Arra
M4  WS2  BS2  S4  T3  W1  I4  A1  Ld9

Photos of the warband--
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t3831-clan-pestilence

Quote :
Arabyan Smugglers warband: The Children of the One

estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 300px-Mameluke-in-Full-Armour

Heroes
Achmed Al Kuds, Rais, former Mate
sword, dagger, bow, cat o' nine tails, helmet. LC, RF. Hunting Arrows, Rope and hook. Skill: Step Aside, Quickshot, Trickshot
M4 WS3 BS5 S4 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld9

Atebeg, Mate
sword, dagger, bow, cat o' nine tails, helmet. LC, RF.
M4 WS4 BS4 S4 T3 W2 I3 A4 Ld7

Akbar, Mate
sword, dagger, throwing knives. blunderbuss(!) Greatcoat, LC, RF, Rope and hook. Skill: Weapons Master, Knife Fighter Injury: Nervous Condition I -1, Hand Injury WS-1.
M4 WS2* BS5 S4 T3 W1 I2* A2 Ld7

Almah, Merchant
sword, dagger, LC, RF. Skills: (Wo)man of the World, Haggle, Looter, Dodge
M4 WS2 BS3 S2 T4 W2 I3 A1 Ld7

Al Bobo, Janissary, LGT
sword, dagger, bow, helmet, LC, RF. Skills: Step Aside, Resilient, Expert Swordsman Injury: Hand Injury WS-1.
M4 WS4 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I3 A2 Ld8

Rashid, Janissary LGT
sword, dagger, bow, shield LC, RF Injury: Horrible Scars.
M4 WS5 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I4 A2 Ld8

Henchman
Tariq, Janissary--sword, dagger, shield
M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I4 A2 Ld7

Jud the Cursed, Maoud Dhib, Janissaries-- sword, dagger, bow
M4 WS4 BS4 S4 T3 W1 I3 A2 Ld7

Abu the Monkey Man, Enrico the Fox, warrors--sword, dagger, bow.
M4 WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I4 A2 Ld7

Doaud, warrior--sword, dagger, bow
M4 WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld8

Selim, warrior--sword, dagger, bow
M4 WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I3 A2 Ld7

Abdullah, warrior--sword, dagger
M4 WS4 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A2 Ld7

Hired Swords
The Man with No Name, Tilean Marksman--sword, dagger, crossbow, light armor Skill: quickshot, Eagle Eyes

Senor Alphonso, Road Warden--Horseman's Hammer, dagger, crossbow, heavy armor, 3 torches, horse.
M4 WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld8

Don Estaban, Freelance Knight--Lance, sword, heavy armor, shield, warhorse.
M4 WS4 BS3 S4 T4 W1 I4 A1 Ld7

Rating 349

Treasury: 0 gold. Stash: 1 torch, Long Rifle, Steel Whip, 2 hammers, 2 slings
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011 - 10:43

Very nice reports, all of them! I really love how you create an atmosphere for the setting by using all those beautiful pictures!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011 - 5:48

Thanks mate! I don't know what I will do next campaign. I've about used up my sources.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Week 10--Solemn Sisters
Monster Hunt
A completely true narration of actual events by Von Kurst with illustration by Playtable

Rais Al Kuds led the Faithful north toward the mountain forests. The war had left many previously settled lands in ruins. In addition monsters from the wilds had migrated from the mountains or escaped from their masters during the fighting. One such beast was causing trouble near the village of Escudo. Al Kuds was ordered to eliminate the threat. Naturally the monster's hoard would compensate the Arabyans for any losses and expenses.

Unfortunately the lure of the creature's treasure had drawn other interests. On a brutally hot summer day the Arabyans located the monster's lair. When they arrived two other warbands were already attacking the hapless creature.

The Faithful approach the monster's lair. The hired Estalians are all deployed on the Arabyan's left wing.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 MostersLair001

Closeup of the Road Warden, the Man With No Name is in shadow.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 MostersLair002

The Sisters tempt fate with a compact line.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 MostersLair003

Don Estaban, a freelance Estalian Knight prepares to support the Faithful's advance. The knight is broiling in his armor. (-2 to WS because of heavy armor.)
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 MostersLair004

The Sisters advance. Their attacks fell the beast, but their Road Warden finds himself targeted by many enemy archers. (His armor deflects most missiles.)
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 MostersLair005

Al Bobo took careful aim at the suffering beast. His arrow flew true and the great beast fell dead.

The Sisters redeploy. Suddenly the Arabyans feel squeezed between enemies
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 MostersLair006

The Arabyans redeploy to counter the various threats. The Sisters from the west, the Trulls from the northeast.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 MostersLair007

The Sisters confront the Arabyans. The Man with No Name sees no way out of this.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 MostersLair008

Boom! Akbar unloaded his blunderbuss into a line of four Tileans. None fell. The Trulls swept forward with shrill war cries. The right flank dissolved in melee. Don Estaban charged the Tileans, but both he and his horse were easily overwhelmed.

On the left the Arabyan line crumpled as the mounted nuns charged home. The Man with No Name was killed by the Augur and Enrico the Fox was bludgeoned by a nun on foot. Still the archers held their line. The Arabyans fell back, reformed and fired a volley. The nuns suffered grievous casualties from the arrow storm. Sister Superior Charity was struck by a bolt from Senor Alphonso's crossbow. She and her horse crashed to the ground.

Both flanks were slowly being turned. But the Tileans had reached their break point. The Trulls fled the field with a wail. The Arabyans turned on the Sisters with all of their surviving warriors. Suddenly all of the unengaged riders were shot out of their saddles. Rashid deflected a hammer blow from the last mounted nun, then killed her horse with his dagger. The Sisters fled the field.

The Sisters' charge fails to break the Arabyan left.
estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 MostersLair009

Post Battle
The Trulls lose one henchwoman killed, one captured. None of their heroes were injured so Exploration was kind. They find a blunderbuss and a holy relic (to eliminate the unlikely possibility of their failing their first rout test again!)

Quote :
Sister Superior Charity died (hero)
Sister Kathrine died (henchwoman, 1st battle)
2 horses died.

The Arabyans lost the Man with No Name, a Tilean Marksman. The Arabyans collected the monster's treasure plus some loot uncovered when they discovered a Beastman herdstone and destroyed it.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011 - 13:10

Great looking game!! Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011 - 13:18

Great looking report! I really wish I could play more often and develop great storylines like you do again.

By the way, what are your ressources for pictures?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011 - 15:14

Thanks gents, Playtable told me he would bring the camera if I got more paint on the Arabs. The photos turned out great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Estalian Sun   estalian - Estalian Sun - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Estalian Sun
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next