Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

A day at the (chicken) races.

Go down 
+3
BalrogTheBuff
StyrofoamKing
Jacko' lantern
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jacko' lantern
General
General
Jacko' lantern

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

A day at the (chicken) races. Empty
PostSubject: A day at the (chicken) races.   A day at the (chicken) races. Icon_minitimeWed 2 Feb 2011 - 21:06

yeah, so I've completely stolen Fable III idea with the chicken racing... Razz

A day at the (chicken) races
"ah, chicken racing eh boy. Well I'll tell yer 'bout chicken racing.
Its become very popular in the settlements around what's left of Mord'eim, its easier to keep than dog racing, but people generally steal the chickens if they lose... see it as a form of payment for losing yu'see..."

this game should be played after games, or whilst waiting for other players to finish their game.

:Terrain:
This scenario should be played on a 12" long racing track(in a straight line)
and have between 3 and 8 lanes. with or without spaces.

:Set-up:
Players roll dice for priority, and whoever wins gets a +1" on to their movement(see below)

:Movement:
all movement is done using D3,
1-2 = 1"
3-4 = 2"
5-6 = 3"
For example,
Mostly slow Joe wins priority, and rolls a 3, so he moves 2" plus the 1" movement bonus for winning priority, which rounds up his movement to 3".

:Finishing the game:
The game is finished when a chicken crosses the finish line.

:Betting:
Often people will bet on the outcome of the races, so much money is placed on chickens sometimes that guards are hired to watch the gold.

Rules for betting are quite simple, you put a amount of gold of a chicken, depending on which place your chicken gets to in the race.

1st place = 3x gold that you bet.
2nd place = 2x gold.
3rd place = 1.5x gold.

all other places you lose the gold, because your chicken didn't get on the winner podium.

well I've gone through a couple of versions using a tape measure and some empty bases, and was wondering what could be changed.
So any opinions would be helpful Very Happy

:EDIT: oh, I forgot I'll be doing some optional rules for seperate profiles for the chickens Smile
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: A day at the (chicken) races.   A day at the (chicken) races. Icon_minitimeWed 2 Feb 2011 - 21:42

Nice. Could definitely see this showing up in the Moot setting.

If I may a recommend, try to find a way to stick at least a few warriors in there. For example: maybe you have a hero being your designated "chicken wrangler". For example, whenever the dice roll comes up the exact same as your wrangler's Initiative, you get +1 inch that turn.

Or, you could pre-place heroes along the track to goat the chickens on. If a chicken is within the hero's range (3"?), you may reroll the result, accepting the second result.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: A day at the (chicken) races.   A day at the (chicken) races. Icon_minitimeWed 2 Feb 2011 - 22:10

Suggestions for extra stuff:
what about a way for the chickens to squabble about their position if they end up in the same 'space'?
Squabble: If two chickens end up at the same distance down the track they squabble. Both chickens roll a D6 (and add a stat if you include them), the chicken that rolls highest stays in the space and the other is bumped back behind.

Types of Chicken:
Fighting Cock: -1 to roll for priority, but wins squabble test ties.
'Chikenz': This Squig has been covered with feathers and entered. It has a 4+ chance to ignore being bumped back. But only listens to a wrangler on a 3+.
Prize Racing Chicken: Once per race this chicken may automatically win the priority roll off.
Prize Eating Chicken: This chicken never gets the bonus from priority. But if it wins the best prize money is increased by .5 of the original bet rounded up.

Misc ideas:
Snack Vendor: Sells certain items like Garlic or Bugmans Brew.
Poultry Pretties: Cheerleaders who may be worth fighting a brawl over...
Cheating: For various extra fees you can cheat, but on a D6 roll of a 5 the cheat fails, and on a 6 you are thrown out and lose whatever money you had bet.
2 GC to put feed in front of a chicken so that it may only move 1" the first turn.
5 GC to drug a chicken so it is hyper and automatically rolls a 3" result the first turn
etc.

I hope this doesn't make it too complicated, I just wanted to give some of the mad flow of ideas that came to me!
Back to top Go down
Jacko' lantern
General
General
Jacko' lantern

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: A day at the (chicken) races.   A day at the (chicken) races. Icon_minitimeWed 2 Feb 2011 - 22:31

Thanks guys Smile

@Styrofoamking, love the idea of having designated chicken "Hecklers" Razz

@BalrogTheBuff, squabble sounds quite interesting, I was going to do somehting like that Smile
And the other kinds of chickens is a good idea, I was going tomake the stats like those that you roll to see what your chicken is like.

So you guys ideas will probally be altered slightly for the optional rules Smile
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A day at the (chicken) races.   A day at the (chicken) races. Icon_minitimeWed 2 Feb 2011 - 23:03

Alter away! It is your scenario, I'm just helping out!
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: A day at the (chicken) races.   A day at the (chicken) races. Icon_minitimeThu 3 Feb 2011 - 3:27

Yup. When in doubt, you decide what to keep in and what to leave out.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: A day at the (chicken) races.   A day at the (chicken) races. Icon_minitimeThu 3 Feb 2011 - 12:11

I realy like the idea and looking forward to see the implementation of the new ideas.

I will recommend to play this intermezzo in our Group.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A day at the (chicken) races.   A day at the (chicken) races. Icon_minitimeThu 3 Feb 2011 - 18:48

Awesome idea! I'm a sucker for mini-games like this... sure as hell I'll convert some chicken to use at the next Boring Mordheim Meeting!
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: A day at the (chicken) races.   A day at the (chicken) races. Icon_minitimeFri 4 Feb 2011 - 0:34

Back to top Go down
Jacko' lantern
General
General
Jacko' lantern

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: A day at the (chicken) races.   A day at the (chicken) races. Icon_minitimeSun 6 Feb 2011 - 11:56

thanks guys Very Happy

@mweaver, thanks for those links Smile
I'll probally end up making my own though, but if I cant be bothered I'll use some of those Razz
Back to top Go down
Master
Veteran
Veteran
Master

PostSubject: Re: A day at the (chicken) races.   A day at the (chicken) races. Icon_minitimeWed 9 Feb 2011 - 14:21

Heh, Chickens racing. Awesome! I like that.

However
I think you should incorporate more tactics into the game, as it is now it is pretty much just glorified dice rolling.
Consider adding rules for your heroes throwing in corn to stop the other chickens. Scaring the other chickens away from the finish line. Or worshipping chaos and have your chicken turn into a chicken spawn that eats the other chickens if it can catch them.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A day at the (chicken) races.   A day at the (chicken) races. Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2011 - 22:57

Look up a game called Biting off 'eads. I can never find the special expansion rules for it, but it might have a few silly things for inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A day at the (chicken) races.   A day at the (chicken) races. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A day at the (chicken) races.
Page 1 of 1