Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Multi-player Combat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

Multi-player Combat Empty
PostSubject: Multi-player Combat   Multi-player Combat Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan 2011 - 0:01

It’s been years since I’ve had this come up. I had a situation but I can’t remember how it goes and I got confused with the book’s explanation. Here goes: Veskit is surrounded by 2 Possessed, and 1 Mutant. They did their combat, and return combat. Then a Plague Bearers joins the fray by charging Veskit. The Plague Bearer does it attacks and then its Veskits turn for return Combat. Veskit can attack anyone in that is surrounding him. Can, in same Combat turn, do the Possessed members also have a turn to return combat against Veskit as well, or do they have to wait until their normal turn?
Back to top Go down
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Multi-player Combat   Multi-player Combat Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan 2011 - 8:02

Every modell in this combat attacks, so the Posessed attacks too.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Multi-player Combat   Multi-player Combat Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan 2011 - 12:27

I am not sure this is the case. Is the Plague Bearer part of the same warband as the Possessed? The reason I ask is that as far as I know, Possessed and mutants are members of the Possessed warband and Plague Bearers are part of the Carnival of Chaos
Chaos on the Streets; Close combat involving multiple warbands: example wrote:
Note that a model that is attacking in another player’s turn must attack one of that player’s models.
and later on it goes on to say that you may not attack a player unless it is either your turn or their turn.

This is possibly where the confusion is creeping in.
Shadowphx wrote:
Then a Plague Bearers joins the fray by charging Veskit ... Veskit can attack anyone in that is surrounding him.
If the Plague Bearers are *not* in the same warband as the Possessed and the mutants then Veskit *cannot* attack the Possessed in that example because it is the Plague Bearer's turn*.

If the Possessed and mutants and the Plague Bearers *are* on the same team then Veskit can indeed allocate his attacks how he likes.

*I am assuming it is the Plague Bearer's turn because they charged. I could be misunderstanding what is going on.
Back to top Go down
DRD1812
Warlord
Warlord
DRD1812

PostSubject: Re: Multi-player Combat   Multi-player Combat Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan 2011 - 16:35

Here's the relevant rules:

http://tabletopgeeks.com/wp-content/downloads/scenarios/ChaosOnTheStreets.pdf

You're looking at Diagram 2 on page 27. If, as Lord 0 speculates, the Possessed and the Plague Bearer are from different warbands, it's exactly what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Multi-player Combat   Multi-player Combat Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan 2011 - 12:59

Ok, i was wrong. My Group let everyone who is involved in a combat fight, so combats with multiple warbands become even more deadly...

i will mention it to my group, but i think i prefer our way, that everyone can fight.
Back to top Go down
DRD1812
Warlord
Warlord
DRD1812

PostSubject: Re: Multi-player Combat   Multi-player Combat Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan 2011 - 18:29

The real problem (if you want to call it that) with everyone fighting every combat is that it hoses shooty warbands. If close combat guys get combat rounds equal to the number of players while shooty guys only get one shot per round....
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Multi-player Combat   Multi-player Combat Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan 2011 - 21:58

Just so I get further understanding, (its been too long since I got to play multiplayer) my scenario is 1 round, meaning Skaven player’s turn, around the table, and back to Skaven player’s turn. Veskit moves couldn’t charge anyone, then is charged by 3 from the Possessed Warband, they do combat and return combat; all 4 of Veskit’s attacks. Nobody OOA. Then 1 from the COC charges Veskit and does it’s attacks, then Veskit gets another 4 attacks on the new charger for return combat. That means Veskit got 8 attacks in the same turn?

Pushing the scenario further. If Veskit was charged by 4 different player’s bands in the same round, each getting their attacks and Vekit returns his attacks, then Veskit basically had 16 attacks in one round.

Or did I miss something?
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Multi-player Combat   Multi-player Combat Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan 2011 - 22:06

Yup, that is how it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multi-player Combat   Multi-player Combat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Multi-player Combat
Page 1 of 1