Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Unreleased (?) Mutant

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marek
Youngblood
Youngblood
Marek

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: none

Unreleased (?) Mutant Empty
PostSubject: Unreleased (?) Mutant   Unreleased (?) Mutant Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov 2010 - 23:31

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could answer a quick question for me:

I was tidying up my mini collection last weekend, and found I have the Unreleased Mutant from the possessed warband, (which is now sitting in a bath of detergent).

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Mordheim_-_Unreleased

Can anyone confirmed if this was unreleased / rare, or are there thousands of them floating about?

In 'trade' terms, is it say on a par with most of the other OOP Mordheim figs, or could I hope/expect to get say multiple Averlanders / Ostlanders for it.

Thanks for your help.

PS Not looking to sell it/cash in, but wondering what a fair swap for it might be.

Cheers,

PPS: Also found some Kislev's that I'm think of adding to my Empire force, however I'm missing a few Halberds - how hard is it likely to be to track down spare Kislev Halberds (just the weapons, not the whole figs?)

All answers apprieciated. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased (?) Mutant   Unreleased (?) Mutant Icon_minitimeSat 6 Nov 2010 - 16:05

[Deleted]

Last edited by Broken1 on Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 0:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased (?) Mutant   Unreleased (?) Mutant Icon_minitimeSat 6 Nov 2010 - 18:19

Afternoon Smile

Marek wrote:
Can anyone confirmed if this was unreleased / rare, or are there thousands of them floating about?

Certainly it's not listed, pictured or mentioned in the listings i have seen other than wiki.

I spoke to the guy who posted the picture on wiki and he said he picked it up back in 2004 when a new line of mordheim figures were due to be released. Apparently they were never released as Fanatc was killed in 2004 and these never saw the shelves. Who knows the amount which were made and survived.

Chances are the minis were aquired / pilfered by staff or people who had access to the unreleased stock before it was melted. Or perhaps remaining stock would have been sold locally at open days in Lenton - which has been confirmed on other unreleased mordheim pieces.

Quite sad because i think the line included this Sad :

Unreleased (?) Mutant Unreleased_-_Mordheim_Jester_with_no_legs

Quote :
how hard is it likely to be to track down spare Kislev Halberds (just the weapons, not the whole figs?)

I think you'll find it just as difficult to find the weapons as it is the kislevite characters. I've never seen an individual halberd lot on ebay, they usually go with the mini's themselves.

- Kafka
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased (?) Mutant   Unreleased (?) Mutant Icon_minitimeSat 6 Nov 2010 - 20:39

That mini is definately rare and the only way to find out how much you can get for it is by putting it up on ebay - and even then the price would depend on whether certain individuals spot it and bid on it (like Kafka Wink ). With minis like this it really depends on whether you can find the buyers or not. It would be very interested to see for how much this goes... it would definately have to be an entire warband of original Kislevites at least.

By the way, I have a permanent ebay serch for "Mordheim jester" running just because of that very mini Kafka has posted... I don't think I'd be there when it would reach the middle to upper three digit price level (which is my wildly estimated guess for that mini), but I do want that one bad like no other GW figure. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Marek
Youngblood
Youngblood
Marek

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased (?) Mutant   Unreleased (?) Mutant Icon_minitimeSat 6 Nov 2010 - 23:22

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Here's some pictures - needs a second bath, but most of the paint has come off.

Unreleased (?) Mutant Mutantfront
Unreleased (?) Mutant Mutantback

Quote :
How did you get your hands on it btw?

I purchased a bunch of Possessed off eBay a couple of years ago - he was just in with them, only purchased them as they were a poorly painted bulk lot, thus worked out pretty cheap per model. (About £17 inc p&p for a couple of dozen figures). The lot included some necromunda figs, I assumed he was just from that range at the time. I've never gone in for the whole buying something because its rare thing.

Quote :
Quite sad because i think the line included this...

The Jester is soo nice. He could join my warband anyday!

Quote :
That mini is definately rare and the only way to find out how much you can get for it is by putting it up on ebay - and even then the price would depend on whether certain individuals spot it and bid on it. With minis like this it really depends on whether you can find the buyers or not. It would be very interested to see for how much this goes... it would definately have to be an entire warband of original Kislevites at least.

Its a personal thing, but I sort of dislike selling anything oop, I'd prefer a trade, (after all its depressing selling a figure, and thinking 'ah that just paid for my tank of diesel, or pint of Guinness'. At least with a trade you get something you want (usually other oop models), the other person gets what they want, and neither person feels they just spent over the odds on a solitary toy soldier!).

Luckily I picked up a Kislev warband when they were released - although recently did manage to pick up some more for my WFB Empire force, so all good on that front. Shame about the halberds scarcity, would have made a nice detachment.

Maybe I'll stumble accross someone with lots of Averlanders with Halberds they dont really need, and will want to trade for the mutant. As some of you appear to mix in 'collectors circles' feel free to mention his availibility, not looking for a bidding war, just a fair-ish exchange. My man with a claw and spikes comes out his chest for your men with silly hats and bendy halberds.

Again thanks for the info. Anyone think he's worth 8 Averlander Halberdiers would probably get him (unless someone thought he was worth more), chuck in a couple of Ostanders too and he'll be in the post on Monday.
If he's not worth that many, you can always offer what you thinks reasonable. Anything over one is a bonus to me. And definate priority to anyone who wants him as they enjoy Mordheim rather than they collect unreleased models for the sake of it.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased (?) Mutant   Unreleased (?) Mutant Icon_minitimeSun 7 Nov 2010 - 11:37

I understand your feeling concerning selling/trading. Good luck with finding the Averlanders.. shouldn't be too hard on ebay - only pricey.
I think Kafka could offer some Ostlanders, not sure about Averlanders though.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased (?) Mutant   Unreleased (?) Mutant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unreleased (?) Mutant
Page 1 of 1