Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Familiar Upgrades

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Krashlandon
Warrior
Warrior
Krashlandon

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

Familiar Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Familiar Upgrades   Familiar Upgrades Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 21:27

I see that there is an option to upgrade familiars to Combat, Power, or Spell Familiars. The question I have is; when is this done?
Do you have the option of upgrading a familiar at some point after you acquire a familiar?
Or do you have to announce the kind of familiar, if any, before you roll? Which, if you did, would suggest that you would have to pay the upgrade cost before you roll and then find out if you get the familiar.

To me it seems overly harsh to tack on the upgrade cost to the rolls since you pay that even if you lose the rarity roll.

Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

Familiar Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Upgrades   Familiar Upgrades Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010 - 4:32

I told you know one uses that Rulebook. All anyone knows about familiars is shadow warriors warband in the 2002 annual. You should upgrade to the Bordertown Burning Supplement. That's all I'm saying.....
Back to top Go down
Krashlandon
Warrior
Warrior
Krashlandon

Personal Info

Familiar Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Upgrades   Familiar Upgrades Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010 - 8:52

The BTB "supplement" is light on rules and while it mentions having familiars it does not tell you the first thing about them, so ......
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Familiar Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Upgrades   Familiar Upgrades Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010 - 12:54

The rules for Familiars are where? It might help your question get answered if you provide background. Your question is about something obscure thus many of us may not have even used the rule. (Or like myself are not aware it existed.)
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

Familiar Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Upgrades   Familiar Upgrades Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010 - 14:32

I only know of familiars presented in the warband listing for Shadow Elves which are available for all spell casters and the familiars presented in the warband listing for the Sorcerous Society from Letters of the Damned 4. I do not recall either of these rules mentioning the ability to upgrade familiars though.

Oh and welcome to the forum! I see that you've already posted in quite a few threads. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Krashlandon
Warrior
Warrior
Krashlandon

Personal Info

Familiar Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Upgrades   Familiar Upgrades Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010 - 17:37

Ah I see the issue now, the crazy rule book I printed out has an extra part about upgrading familiars that is not in the original shadow warriors list. Right once again I am getting burned by non-canon fan created yahooery. This blows.
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

Familiar Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Upgrades   Familiar Upgrades Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010 - 18:27

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Familiar Upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Upgrades   Familiar Upgrades Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Familiar Upgrades
Page 1 of 1