Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Exploration

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkfury
Captain
Captain
Darkfury

Trading Reputation : 0

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Exploration   Exploration Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010 - 1:36

Sorry this might be fixed in errata that I have not seen, or maybe I am being dense (again)...

1) In the core rules it seems to state that if you won the last game you a) Get an extra dice or b) get to reroll one of your dice. Which is it?

Also....

2) If you want to check availability on a rare item, does your hero not get to explore (i.e. lose a dice from exploration for each availability check) I can't see that mentioned in the availability section or the exploration section, but I thought I had read that somewhere..?

3) Can a human wear Gromril armour?

4) Can a human use a Gromril Axe if he can use a normal axe? Does he require the skill to allow him to use any weapon?

Cheers in advance.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010 - 2:18

1) In the core rules it seems to state that if you won the last game you a) Get an extra dice or b) get to reroll one of your dice. Which is it?

A - an extra die. Here's the rule: Roll 1D6 for each of your Heroes who survived the battle and one extra dice if you won, plus any extra dice allowed by skills or equipment. Note, however, that you must pick a maximum of six dice out of all the dice you roll, even if you are allowed to roll seven dice or more. (p. 93). The reference right below that paragraph, to a +/-1, is if you have an elf ranger or some other modifier from a skill or item.

2) If you want to check availability on a rare item, does your hero not get to explore (i.e. lose a dice from exploration for each availability check) I can't see that mentioned in the availability section or the exploration section, but I thought I had read that somewhere..?

Any hero not taken out of action gets the exploration roll, and may also make one rare item search roll.

3) Can a human wear Gromril armour?

Yes. The normal convention (although not really specified in the rules) is that a warrior (human or otherwise) can wear gromril and itilmar armor if they are allowed to wear heavy armor. My group lets you wear ithilmar armor if you can wear light armor or heavy armor.

4) Can a human use a Gromril Axe if he can use a normal axe? Does he require the skill to allow him to use any weapon?

If he can use an axe, than he can use a gromril axe without needing a skill.

Back to top Go down
Darkfury
Captain
Captain
Darkfury

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: You rock!   Exploration Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010 - 10:08

Thanks for the help, very concise.

With regards #1, also on page 134 of my rulebook it says;

Quote :
Roll a D6 for each Hero in your warband who survives without going out of action. This represents the warband's efforts to unearth wyrdstone. Do not roll for any Heroes who went out of action during the battle; they are taken back to the warbands encampment to recuperate instead. So, for example, if your warband includes four Heroes who all survived the last battle, you can roll four dice. If you won your last game, you may re-roll any one dice but you must accept the second result.

Or is this talking about whoever won the previous weeks game, rather than the battle just fought?
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010 - 13:39

Weird. I was quoting from the edited "Living Rule Book" pdf file (which you can download from GW's site). It contains a fair number of corrections and changes they made. The page I was quoting from is the equivalent of 134 in the printed rulebook.

However, I just checked one of my original rulebooks, and that very paragraph you just quoted in my copy again says "If you won your last game, you may roll one extra dice". So in my book, there is no contradiction... The Living Rulebook also says one extra dice (it should say die) in that paragraph. So your book is a mutant and don't trust it!

The Living Rule Book, while not completely up to date with all errata and changes, is still more up to date than the printed copies, so always go with it when there is a difference.
Back to top Go down
Darkfury
Captain
Captain
Darkfury

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Okee dokee!   Exploration Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010 - 13:53

Thanks again.

OK. Extra dice sounds good anyway!

I guess theres different versions of the rule book and I got an earlier one is all.

I will stick to the "Living" version instead of my "Undead" version!

Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010 - 23:57

I had not previously realized there were different versions of the printed rulebook. I wonder...

Just checked my other hardcopy, and it also has the consistent +1 die rule in both places. I bought one Mordheim box when it was first released, and the other... I want to say about two years later. I wonder where you version popped up.
Back to top Go down
Darkfury
Captain
Captain
Darkfury

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010 - 22:46

Hmm I think it was on Amazon marketplace I bought it from, but no idea where he got it from.

Maybe it's a one off and worth a lot of money!

Maybe not, as it appears to be full of lies.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploration   Exploration Icon_minitimeFri 1 Oct 2010 - 2:02

It's a one-of-a-kind! Trade that puppy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exploration Empty