Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation

Go down 
+3
werekin
catferret
RationalLemming
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation   BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jan 2011 - 15:13

The holy smiting leans heavily on Tome of Salvation (WFRP 2nd Ed) in terms of the application of any new rules. While some roleplaying material doesn't lend itself to a table-top translation, there is a ton of great stuff which does span both game systems. Smile

Taking the fight to heretics & creatures of the night will involve a bit more than applying psychology bonuses! Wink

Meh, having just converted and painted my first holy Hero (Priest of Morr) I'm taking a time-out having just deeply stabbed myself while converting a Priest of Manann... Gotta get a couple/few characters finished to support the article on here with a gallery thread, which I hope everyone likes to contribute their own works on.

Books! Holy or unholy should factor into the MiM campaign. I did name the blog after a juicy tome! And speaking of Liber Malefic, I just mentioned a new rule for you in my latest post (which is overtly philosophical) over on the blog. BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation - Page 2 509466

Regards,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation   BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jan 2011 - 20:33

Salvation: Ooooh. Sounds neat! Don't know that one, I'm afraid... my only GW RP experience was Warhammer Quest, I'm afraid.

More than psych bonuses: Agreed, the damned shall not be bested so easily. Rather, I was suggesting that the "Hammer of Witches" get a set of ADDITIONAL rules... like your leader owns the book, your heroes can learn new Holy Skills on doubles or something. Till now, it's true potential has been overlooked...

Books - Neato! I wrote a book chart for my group when we did the Sylvanian campaign... instead of hunting for stone, you hunted books. My group liked the "Cargo" random item table from Sartosa enough that think the "discard one treasure a game to roll on table A" is a concept worth keeping. Although, with a big city like Marienburg, I could see it having several smaller tables. Roll 1D6: on a 1, roll on the Clothing table, 2 roll on Missile weapon table, 3 on Book table, etc.

New Rule: did you mean the Drug inn one? Looks neat, though I don't get the location. (Also, if it's anything like my second-hand experience with drugs, it'd require a LD test,or the hero misses next game... not because of bodily harm, but lack of motivation!) drunken
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation   BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011 - 1:38

Pardon me. There was supposed to be an image uploaded to go with 'Juice Dreams'. It's been added now! I think if you cross reference this to the Great Map then you will now see where a Hero goes in Marienburg if he fancies a hit!

I also amended my hasty blog post to include a quick location description. Wink

Gasping for fresh air in my flat right now!! I've just unloaded 12.5 litres of clear liquid resin which has damn near gassed me out. Sad

The lengths we nerds will go to achieve hobby fulfillment are plain ridiculous. If I am still alive in the morning then I can monitor the results of this 'experiment' and start preparing a new Mordheim WiP thread...
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation   BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011 - 4:46

Locations: Man, I still have fond memories of rolling on Tavern Events in the WHQuest games. Special locations are the best.

I've never played with the encampment rules, but they look like a lot of fun... the different locales, the tavern events... I sincerely hope that stuff like that shows up in MiM. Places to shop, spend, and smite.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation   BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011 - 19:27

Not many folk bother with the Encampment rules. Most of the community has likely never used them! There is confusion concerning how to benefit your campaigns by using them. As such they are inaccessible as an option.

Encampments seem a bit long-winded to me but I am certain they have value. Like you I have experienced the pleasure of WHQ's quickfire location based events tables and yearn for similar options in our tabletop adventures.

To overcome all of the above the rules for visiting locations need to be more snappy because a lot of players are focus on getting straight to the fighting. They need to become more relevant by been personalised or given additional character even. The main criteria for their success is that they want to be concisely embedded into the campaign system. In Mordheim they were tagged on as an afterthought. As a result they are in neglect.

In addition to the Exploration phase, each Hero gets to make an item search 'action' during the post-battle sequence. This forms the basis for developing Encampments as a facet of campaign play but only if there are useful places to visit! In which case the Hero will forgo his typical 'shopping' activity and do something less boring instead. ie, Go down the tavern! Wink

Regards,

Stuart.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation   BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011 - 21:40

Couldn't agree more! Although, I felt bad derailing your thread, so I started a new one.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation   BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011 - 9:24

Not at all sir. It's all food for further thought.

StyrofoamKing wrote:
Couldn't agree more! Although, I felt bad derailing your thread, so I started a new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation   BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BTB - Corrupted Characters & Leader Mutation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2