Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Speckie
Captain
Captain
Speckie

Trading Reputation : 0

IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm... Empty
PostSubject: IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm...   IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm... Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 14:27

Trying to make a cardboard statue for the middle of the town centre, it's some dude on foot... cause... well... so far I have done the feet and legs. I was thinking of a roman but then i realised that's real life and not Mordheim crazyness. so yeh now I'm all sad face.

Any ideas OR OR OR even better, an actual reference. Remember it's cardboard (which i'll then paper mache) so it will be boxy... and not something too detailed either, cause I'm lazy. I feel like I'm on Blue peter. DID YOU KNOW i actually have a blue peter badge. came runner up in a doctor who competition... OOO maybe I should do a cardboard Dalek.

Sorry, sorry, tangent. Anyway yeh, ideas porfavor? Gracias!

OH need help with a chapel too now... suggest dimensions? Playable in the inside... wanting to include pews and such and so forth and so on...

-Speckie.
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm...   IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm... Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 18:03

Here's a WiP of my humble chapel (currently on stand by 'till further notice xD!)
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/scenery-and-terrain-f4/pirexian-s-scenery-wip-t3607-25.htm
Back to top Go down
Speckie
Captain
Captain
Speckie

PostSubject: Re: IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm...   IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm... Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 18:29

You so just used this topic to promote it didn't you?!? Haha I joke... but no seriously, I'm on to you! Tio be fair if I'd put that much effort in and made something that phit I would.

However, I'm going for a different feel. Still need statue ideas and the actual dimesnsions for a chapel... I work in CM too cause Im stupid and new school and imperial is for grandad's... Yeh please don't kill me.

Think I'm gonna make it a small one because it's gonna be in the burnt area and stuff... might just have a lot of burnt out buildings, but yes so far i have one building that looks completley burnt out and awesome.

Not a fan of colour, like noir too much. Not in like an emo. i mean i have a nice blue warband... okay well one model, but he's the start to my warband... i need to post my warband idea don't I?

But anyway probs going to steal the lack of roof design (Y)
Back to top Go down
superscenic
Captain
Captain
superscenic

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm...   IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm... Icon_minitimeMon 6 Sep 2010 - 23:59

What kind of cardboard are you using? I once used three layers of "triplex" , cut out identical sillouettes and then stuck them together. They can handle a bit of carving with a hobby knife, as well as sanding. A coat with texture will make it look reaistic enough I think.
Back to top Go down
http://clemssuperartblog.blogspot.com/
Speckie
Captain
Captain
Speckie

PostSubject: Re: IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm...   IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm... Icon_minitimeTue 7 Sep 2010 - 0:03

Using standard cardboard, when papermache'd over it makes a pretty tough combination and the paper mache makes for a nice feel and texture to it. I'll get my butt in gear tomorrow and upload everything I've done so far... cause I know everyone is so interested that they may wet their pants.... right.

Literally though the cardboard isn't even coragated, it's white A4 arts and crafts stuff. So nice to use cause it just bends nicely and I can shape it how I want, and then the mache just makes it all curvatious and slightly sexual... if architecture can be that.... well mine can.... yeh.

-Speckie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm...   IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IT's A Collosus! ... no it's 10cm...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Scenery and Terrain-
Jump to: