Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Siren's Silence

Go down 
+31
wanna993
Ninja Goblin
theomar pius
Theorox
Krolog da Facemangolor
SerialMoM
Tintin
Boreas_NL
Benji
tomogui
floedebolle
Baron Samedi
Admin Tom
werekin
cjp
Pirexian
Svenn
Sultan
HornedRat
Joker2and53
Ezekiel
mweaver
Jorisch
Kapitan_Hak
Von Kurst
WarbossKurgan
DeafNala
superscenic
cianty
lord siwoc
Stormgerkin
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Siren's Silence - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 11:49

WELCOME BACK! It may have been a while, but your ship is coming along BEAUTIFULLY. The level of detailing is STUNNING! GREAT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 15:39

Welcome Back! Wow you have been busy, thanks for catching us up. Looking on in wonder at where you'll go next.
Back to top Go down
theomar pius
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
theomar pius

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2013 - 15:45

That it sufficiently impressive, I wish I would have seen this thread sooner. Keep the updates coming!
Back to top Go down
Ninja Goblin
Champion
Champion
Ninja Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Feb 2013 - 19:11

Rope for the cannons! Man you rock! I cannot wait to see it with a couple of minis on it!
Back to top Go down
wanna993
Captain
Captain
wanna993

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Mar 2013 - 11:20

Holy shoe this build is just amazing. I like how you've included step by step and tips along the way.
Incredibly impressive job. I hope to see this finished someday
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013 - 0:11

This is soo awesome.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013 - 5:25

Wow!
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
superscenic
Captain
Captain
superscenic

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar 2013 - 19:55

It's Beautiful . When something is this beautiful without paint, It is likely to be marvelous with Paint.
Back to top Go down
http://clemssuperartblog.blogspot.com/
Lion01
Knight
Knight
Lion01

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2013 - 19:08

What can I say that has not already been said? It's truly awesome and inspiring and the level of detail is amazing. I can't even begin to guess at the numer of hours you've invested in it already!
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2013 - 11:44

Exquisite! Hard work pays off!
Back to top Go down
Sultan
Champion
Champion
Sultan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013 - 19:13

StormGerkin my man

It is fantastic Smile to see what I saw, just now I understand better what a craft-master You are indeed.
It is wonderful to see all the details on Your ship. Guns with stopping ropes are at the level of WOOOW
I just love it,love it love it. Definitively they are the most salient pieces on Your exclusively well done crasher
of the see waves. But, what will gona bee with windows of the captain cabin? I imagine that You will make some
windows large enough to receive some buccaneer figure as part of the boarding team ?
Maybe the windows will bee the trickiest part of the ship? Mermaid is definitively the prettiest girl on that ship
and I think it contributes to overall awesome look of the ship. Gratings on the bow are wonderful, but too short
I think,maybe I am mistaken. Would You consider some sails? You can add sails on a manner which would consist of lower sails to be brailed full or to quarter length,and upper sails to be exposed full for speed in combat with another brigantine, and You can add some platforms on booms made from clirite board some 2mm tick to the max so You can have spaces for some sharpshooters montaged on...
It is recommended to set a sails like previously explained because lower sails can catch fire from sparks when guns are fired to enemy ship.

Overall experience is What a Face affraid I can not produce anything similar to this ship but I will try, damn,make me a ship and send me with post-express money is not a problem. LOL

SALUTE TO THE MOST ADVANCED SHIPWRIGHT ON THE PLANET EARTH
Back to top Go down
Stormgerkin
Captain
Captain
Stormgerkin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013 - 12:49

Thanks guys. I wish I had the same time as I had when I started this voyage to keep this build sailing at a reasonable pace. 

Wanna993 I'm glad you like the tips and tricks. I'm particularly found of my method of building cannons. I know it has help a few others.

Lion01 I have lost track of the time spend It seems almost overwhelming at times. I have a starship model that has around 40 hours in it so far and that would not even come close to half of this ship build. 

Sultan your advice has helped on many an occasion. I agree about the grating on the bow, and looking back would have done the mast on the bow differently I think I could have made It stronger for the rigors of gaming and made it look more historically correct. I had not thought about running the lower sails at half, I like the idea. The windows have been troubling my thoughts for a while not really sure how I will approach them yet.
Back to top Go down
Stormgerkin
Captain
Captain
Stormgerkin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2015 - 21:52

Ahem... where does the time go. Razz So I am still conscious and more time poor then ever with fatherhood now added to my list of duties. That said the last two point five years??! have not been wasted. I have made a "great deal" on progress on the Siren's Silence build. It is still not in colour but I have further fleshed out the interior detail some what, finished the wheel, built ankers, cannon hatches, barnacles, some more work on the figure head,cabin glass, started the hull trim and the gangway.

I have had to make some compromise on the details I would have liked otherwise this ship would never be birthed. Ie. no cannon hatch rigging, rudder chains, compromise was made on the cabin glass ect, all of which I do not believe will detract from the final model. I will en devour to post some pictures and further narration of the built this week.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 2:41

Stormgerkin! Welcome back! Show us more cool stuff!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 3:06

WELCOME HOME! I'll keep a weather eye peeled for your updates.   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 21:48

Welcome come back meister!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Stormgerkin
Captain
Captain
Stormgerkin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 22:17

Ah its good to be back.
Having experienced Black flag, witnessed Black sails and consumed much Black coffee in the past 2 years. It is no wonder that I have become over stimulated, Lucky I had just the project to keep my focus.

So this is the overall state of my vessel. Really I just need to figure out how I'm to finish the hull trim so I can start the complex task of adding the rigging. I had just used lengths of balsa to follow the lines from the bow decoration back. though I need to add more I'm just at a loss of how to achieve the desired effect currently. The gang way ladder was easy, I had just used lengths of match sticks nothing note worthy there.
I am slowly blending and shaping the figure head to conform and sit well on the bow with green stuff.
I didn't go over board with the cannon hatches, just basic detail. Plasticard stripes over the balsa hatch, its a modest start that I can add further detail to easily later. I may opt for hinges and rivets. But I have decided against rigging.  
Siren's Silence - Page 5 Img_2010

Further detail, the critter hard to see from hear is a basic sculpty clay sculpt. the open pipes will be where I ran my anker chains to.
Siren's Silence - Page 5 Img_2011

I am happy with how the ankers came out the only complex part of these was the bottom curve, which was just the edge of a circle both cuts where made of a identical radius with the center being spaced 5mm apart. I made the eye rings of the anker removable just so I can fix and remove the anker chains to allow the deck to be removed. A bit of a design floor I discovered when working on the late bow progress, it will be a further issue for the rigging but I will likely employ the use of some 2mm magnets to circumnavigate this issue.
I am thinking the addition of some greenstuff barnacles and coral to the ankers will really make them pop.
Siren's Silence - Page 5 Img_2012

Nothing difficult about the Wheel, twine wrapped around a dowel pined in place. Then the twine is glued through holes in the deck and cut off on the under side. I will likely add a plasticard compass to flesh it out a little more yet.
Siren's Silence - Page 5 Img_2013

I have more updates to upload, in the upcoming days.
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 22:30

Wonderful work sir, top notch !

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 22:47

She is MUCH TOO LOVELY to rush the work. FANTASTIC WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
IngoisT™
General
General
IngoisT™

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2015 - 20:24

I see your topic some time. It is nice to see how the ship is growing and shape. Impressive.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2015 - 3:24

Its great to see new pictures of the ship.

I have so many bits and pieces of ships in boxes and on shelves...
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2015 - 12:57

That looks crazy impressive. Shocked So cool.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siren's Silence   Siren's Silence - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Siren's Silence
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Scenery and Terrain-
Jump to: