Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Undead Manservant Rules

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
D1kk3N
Youngblood
Youngblood
D1kk3N

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

rules - Undead Manservant Rules Empty
PostSubject: Undead Manservant Rules   rules - Undead Manservant Rules Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2010 - 11:49

So I was thinking about creating an Undead army, and as a person that loves fluff i would like my Vampire to have a servant.
The backstory is that **** has been with my Vampire since he was a child, and that my vampire is like a father to him. So i would like to give him some sort of special rules, like that if he is ever OOA the vampire stops whatever he is doing and charges to save his child. But then i was thinking i would need to give him something extra (seeing as the other rule would be a disadvantage) So what do you guys think would be fair rules for him? He will count as a dregg, so the warband will have 2 dreggs and 1 "manservant"
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Undead Manservant Rules   rules - Undead Manservant Rules Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2010 - 13:27

Not a PERFECT fit, and a completely untested, but sounds like you could use "Sidekick" rule from the "Personality" rules.

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/rules-and-gameplay-f1/personalities-a-start-up-optional-add-on-t2754.htm#40386
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Undead Manservant Rules   rules - Undead Manservant Rules Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2010 - 16:00

Or just let it be reflected fluffwise in the way you play. Allways have your manservant walk together with your vampire, or try to stay within move range at least, and give him skills that rather represents a personality than just for making him good. Is he a weak manservant (think of Dobbie in the Harry Potter universe. No strength skills.) or is he a Frankensteins Monster kind of manservant (ONLY strength skills, elev pit fighter, as he crawls through the tight sewers, using his whole large bulk to tackla opponents in tight spaces).

I think fluffgaming is really an option here, instead of creating a set of new rules.
Back to top Go down
D1kk3N
Youngblood
Youngblood
D1kk3N

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Undead Manservant Rules   rules - Undead Manservant Rules Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2010 - 21:31

After some tinkering I came up with these rules. What do you guys think of them?

ORIGINAL DREGG:
0-3 Dregs; 20 gold crowns to hire
Dregs are the most miserable human survivors of the demise of Mordheim. They are deformed and rejected individuals, shunned even by the other men and women who still live in the ruins and catacombs of the city. Vampires often recruit Dregs as their servants and treat them with surprising kindness. As a result, Dregs are often fanatically loyal to their Undead overlords and will do anything to protect and serve them. Dregs are very useful to their masters as they can be sent to buy equipment, weapons and supplies from the settlements around Mordheim which would often not welcome Necromancers or where Vampires would fall under the suspicion of the Witch Hunters. They can also do the bidding of their Vampiric master during daylight, when the Vampires must rest in their coffins.

Dreggs 0-3

M WS BS S T W I A Ld

4 2 2 3 3 1 3 1 7
Weapons/Armor: Dregs may be armed with weapons and armor chosen from the Undead Equipment list.

My modified rules, remember the manservant counts as a dregg so it is Dreggs 0-2 Manservant 0-1

Manservant

(More fluff to come)
An orphan found by a Vampire and raised as his personal servant. The manservant has known the vampire for his entire life, and is loyal to him without questioning.

M WS BS S T W A LD
3 2 4 2 3 1 1 6

Manservant: If within 10" of his master, he may use his leadership instead.
Loyal: If his master ever would fall (OOA) the Manservant will make his way to defend his body no matter what! (Leaves H2H Combat) After reaching the body he will hunt the model that killed his master untill either the game is over, or his target is OOA. If his Master would die from his injuries, the Manservant will commit suicide. (Remove from rooster, but keep his gear)
Ranged Combar: The Servant has realised that compare to his Master his body is fragile and weak, He has therfor mastered the art of blackpowder (all blackpowder weapons are available to him), The Manservant must always fire on the target closest to, and within line of sight to the Vampire, not himself

Back to top Go down
toemasss
Captain
Captain
toemasss

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Undead Manservant Rules   rules - Undead Manservant Rules Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010 - 7:28

Few quick things that spring up red flags for me.

-Should the manservants movement be 4 to represent a human?
-The manservant doesn't have an initiative score, though I'd assume its 3
-Change the manservant leadership range to 12", a much rounder number
-I'd suggest to change 'loyal' to something more in line with the bear from the kislevites. In that if the master is taken out of action and the manservant is not the servant will drag the master's body to safety. When rolling on the serious injury chart for the master treat "robbed, sold to the pits and captured" as full recover.
-Giving any undead warrior access to good ranged weapons (and by the looks of it shooting skills) is a slippery slope you may not want to tread down. Traditionally undead warbands have rather poor range forcing them to close the gap with enemies as quickly as possible, this is off-set by having the single strongest warrior in the game. "Ranged combat" could be replaced by something to make the manservant something of a meatshield, for example.

Look out sir: If both the master and the manservant are in base contact and the master is shot in ranged combat you may elect for the manservant to be hit instead. In addition if both the master and the manservant are in melee combat with the same enemy the manservant my use his parry attempts on blows against the master.
Back to top Go down
D1kk3N
Youngblood
Youngblood
D1kk3N

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Undead Manservant Rules   rules - Undead Manservant Rules Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010 - 1:28

I would like to thank everyone for being so helpfull. I've decided that i probably shouldn't be playing Undeads after all, after some research I've found that I don't think they fit me and the way I want to play Mordheim.

But once again, Thank you guys for being so helpfull

(Oh and I apologise for the spelling errors in my previous posts, my laptop has serious issues)
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Undead Manservant Rules   rules - Undead Manservant Rules Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010 - 16:10

So... what are you going to play?

toemasss - I thought the Kislivite bear suggestions was an excellent one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Undead Manservant Rules   rules - Undead Manservant Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Undead Manservant Rules
Page 1 of 1