Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

my new Lizardmen warband

Go down 
+2
widgren
DTReaper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DTReaper
Youngblood
Youngblood
DTReaper

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 7:25

I have started building and painting my lizardmen warband. So far I only have 2 skink braves and a saurus brave.
Skink
lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband 0502000105a
lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband 0502000105b
Saurus
lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband 0502000104
lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband 0502000105
I originally was going to go with two shades of blue of the body and scales however I found out the two shades I had didn't contrast very well so I scrapped the second blue and went with red. Turns out I accidentally created patriotic (for the US) Lizardmen with blues base, red scales, and white loin clothes.
Comments, criticisms?

-DTR
Back to top Go down
widgren
General
General
widgren

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 9:03

it looks good with the potential to be great! your painting is very neat and tidy and with a wash or two it would become really nice. try citadel asurmen blue in a thick caot aver the skin followed by the red one for the scales. gryphone sepia on EVERYTHING else on the model would do wonders! remember to us alot when washing though as it dries away a lot. if you are new to washes i would recomend that you take another miniature and experiment on it to get used to washing and it will become your best friend!

keep it up and keep postin'
Back to top Go down
http://totte.leblog.se/
HarryMason
Knight
Knight
HarryMason

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 17:12

As widgren says, washes are your friend. On the bronze parts I would recomend devlan mud, after a light drybrish of some lighter bronze/gold colour. Keep going, as we all know, painted models roll sixes almost twice as often as unpainted ones.
Back to top Go down
DTReaper
Youngblood
Youngblood
DTReaper

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 17:58

Thanks for the comments, I did use a wash of oygrn flesh over the red and the gold and I will try to get some more washes to do the rest of the warband. And I wish my dice would realize that the are painted all they seem to do is betray me.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 18:43

NICE choice of colors for the Lizard Lads. Since I've been painting up a bunch of the Cold Blooded Beasties as part of a commission, I've become a bit AntiLizard, but I'm drawing some enthusiasm for the task from your efforts...thanks. WELL DONE! lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband 544694
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2010 - 19:52

I love the old school skinks.

You did a great job.

When I played Lizardmen one of my problems was that I had 20 mini's and it would be hard to tell which mini was which especially if they were henchmen.

I got to the point where I painted numbers on their sheilds so that I could tell them apart. I was debaiting painting their fins different colors so that I could tell the group right away.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2010 - 20:06

I do different colored crests as well. Labeling the bases doesn't hurt either.
Back to top Go down
DTReaper
Youngblood
Youngblood
DTReaper

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 0:11

I was thinking of that issue with mine and I think only the great crests with have different color crests, the heros will most likely have names but I believe the henchmen aren't all that big of an issue since they are all the same however if need be ill name them as well. Ill have some more pictures up soon but the final days of my classes and the finals take precedence to painting and I need to get some paints.
-DTR
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 16:35

At first all of my Henchmen were the same, but then I split them into some with Spears and some with clubs, then as they died I would replace them, after they got a few exp I wasn't always able to buy multiple henchmen with the exp, sometimes it wasn't cost effective, also sometimes you have a Henchmen group that gets a bad upgrade so you don't want to spend gold on exp for upgrade you don't want.

I think at the end I had 4 different groups of skinks, Spearmen with almost maxed exp, and new with only a couple of exp and clubbers with almost maxed Exp, and others with only a couple exp.

My plan was that I would paint the crests similar but different color, maybe all the heroes hot colors shades of Red, Orange, and Yellow, then paint the henchmen cold colors shades of blue, purple, green.

My heros were easy to tell apart because they all had swords. I was using the current Skink Models, so I could assemble them with swords in different positions to tell them apart. Also I had a couple metal mini's for my heroes and that worked pretty well.
Back to top Go down
DTReaper
Youngblood
Youngblood
DTReaper

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 2:15

Thanks for all the comments and because of that and the fact that I have finally got around to getting the wash and highlight paints today, I have basically finished up my totem warrior. Here he is
lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband 0505002003

lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband 0505002004
As always C&C
-DTR
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 12:53

Those are the Cold Blooded Chaps I'm presently struggling with....having the shield attached to the arm makes ranking a snap, but painting a REAL pain. Nice choice of colors...WELL DONE! lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband 544694
Back to top Go down
DTReaper
Youngblood
Youngblood
DTReaper

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 18:10

Yeah Deaf I can imagine that problem is quite the pain. I left the arms off to paint it first so I could get to all the problem areas and then I glued them on. I find its just easier that way and though some say its a bad way to do it I just do it that way anyway.
-DTR
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 19:14

DTReaper wrote:
Yeah Deaf I can imagine that problem is quite the pain. I left the arms off to paint it first so I could get to all the problem areas and then I glued them on. I find its just easier that way and though some say its a bad way to do it I just do it that way anyway.
-DTR

I'd probably do the arm separate if I wasn't such an ABSOLUTE klutz with assembly...if it was JUST the shield, I'd definitely do it as a separate piece. lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Suspect
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 19:46

The new guy looks great! The wash worked really well!

When I painted my Lizardmen I put the arm on painted then attached the sheild. That seemed to work the best for me. I added some green stuff at the shoulders so that it attach without a gap, and then I glued the sheild to the arm. I think everyone has a different way of doing, so it comes down to what you like.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 20:04

@Rudeboy: that's the way I did the regular Lizard Lads also. The problem is with the Temple Guard Guys...the arm & shield are one piece. lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Suspect
Back to top Go down
widgren
General
General
widgren

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 20:50

looks good but you could use more of the wash. it is supposed to be enough to let the surface tension work. it always looks too much when applied but a lot dries away.
Back to top Go down
http://totte.leblog.se/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my new Lizardmen warband   lizardmen - my new Lizardmen warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my new Lizardmen warband
Page 1 of 1