Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
squattingmouse
General
General
squattingmouse

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr 2010 - 16:05

I just picked up these two for a discount and have now realized I have the two mutants for a Cult warband.

possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed E30-0010
possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed E30-0020

The magister I'm tracking down some old chaos sorcere models for but it's what to used for a possessed? I don't want to pay almost a tenner for a GW model and like the idea of kitbashing or sourcing an alternative (sadly the spares put looks bare other than weapons). Any suggestions? I was thinking of a nyss forsaken model from Hordes as my Minotaur is Shadowhorn Satyr (and so tall we ruled he can thump people on balconies level with his torso).
Back to top Go down
http://squattingmouse.tabletopgeeks.com/
Judo
Warrior
Warrior
Judo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr 2010 - 16:18

O_O Do want! The second one with the tentical is so occult looking. Amazing models!
Back to top Go down
squattingmouse
General
General
squattingmouse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr 2010 - 16:37

Enigma Minatures is the company - Massive Darkness is the range these two are from. I love the fact he has a lantern and the tentacle on the right is gripping a pistol. Guess who is taking point through the ruins? I'll hasten to add that is not my painting - those are the pictures from the company website.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr 2010 - 17:35

GREAT choice of minis...Enigma makes some TRULY FINE albeit somewhat strange pieces. I'm looking forward to seeing your take on the minis. possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed 544694
Back to top Go down
squattingmouse
General
General
squattingmouse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010 - 16:57

Well that's the possessed model sorted form the same sale rack as the two mutants -
possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed Product_36206

Also picked one of these for the magister. It's GW and I think if I trim the horns off him he'll do very well with a sort of cult feel.
possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed M1181689_99060201130_ChaosSorcerorChaosMain_445x319

A bargain find of a £5 empire militia box will provide my brethren hopefully and I already have the beastmen from that warband. This will make a nice change after painting space marines. One question I am asking though is would anyone here chop the staff off and swap it for a flail? I'd like to equip him with one but think saying the staff is a mace is fair enough. Then again as he is obviously the magister WYSIWYG could be ignored... Any opinions?
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010 - 19:31

I echo the sentiment for those alt. miniatures!

The Magister can't use a flail so no reason to equip him with one.

I used the same GW sorcerer for one of my magisters as well. It is a nice looking model, sadly ruined by an identical face used 8 times (3 on staff, head, back, 3 on familiar)! The familiar is particularly unforgivable, its an exact copy of the staff!! They could have re-released the classic familiars and packaged a random one...

I chopped off the topmost on the staff and sculpted a classic wizardly looking swirl of knotted wood around a crystal ball.

Also we allow a new weapon, available to any warband with with clubs. (From LoD4):

Staff: 10gc (common), parry, concussion, two handed.
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010 - 21:22

damn ! wish i found sale racks like that !
superb mini's ! that possessed is a freebooter mini ; and a quite expensive one (costs somewhere between 10 and 20 euro's !)
love the guy with the tentacles !
don't forget to show us the painted versions !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed   possessed - Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative models for Cult of the Possessed
Page 1 of 1