Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Some work in progress...

Go down 
+11
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Da Bank
Ashton
DeafNala
Boehm
JohnYoung
Admin Tom
Hellfoot
Tortiou
Erkwin
Mark
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ironbull
Hero
Hero
ironbull

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: None

Some work in progress... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some work in progress...   Some work in progress... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun 2008 - 4:34

Wow, Mark, that is freakin' awsome stuff! thumbsup

I like the inclusion of the Mordheim plastic building bits in your buildings. The graveyard it very, very cool as well. I also like the pavement effect you have on these tiles. Very good stuff and very inspiring.

I started work on a similar project just a couple days ago. I am making 16 inch by 16 inch boards and 16 inch by 8 inch boards. To create a standard 4' by 4' area, I will need nine of the full sized tiles or a combination of full sized and half sized tiles.

The tiles are based on 1/2 in particle board with a 1 inch thick layer of pink insulation board. Buildings and other features will be permanently attached to the tile bases. With a slight additional elevation of 1/2 to 1 inch for some of the buildings, I ought to have enough depth for the occasional cellar/basement under some of the buildings. Right now I am working on cutting the pink insulation board and gluing it to the particle board base. Once I get a few of those done, I'll dig in to some basic ruined buildings and see what I can do.

I have done almost no terrain work over the years, so I really don't know what I am doing, but I figure I'll just jump in and see what I can knock out. I think once I have made some progress and taken some pictures, I'll start a thread on my project.
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Some work in progress...   Some work in progress... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun 2008 - 5:41

Not to knock anyone, but I just have to put my two pence in about making building attached to your board:

First off, they are going to be the worst things to try to store... you can't stack them easily, and you can't sneak them under a bed 'cause they are so tall.. you practically have to keep them set up.

Anyway, I compiled my rant in this thread. Take a gander, and roll it around.

Obviously, it's your decision, and you can do whatever you want, but the "anti-base nazi" in me had to share his opinions Wink thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Axel
General
General
Axel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Some work in progress...   Some work in progress... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun 2008 - 15:58

wow mark thats the only thing i can say.....

o and this, I think the zombies are painted very very good

LOL georgia font lol!

cheers
Back to top Go down
zekro
Youngblood
Youngblood
zekro

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Some work in progress...   Some work in progress... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun 2008 - 9:13

I like it a lot. I am inspired indeed Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some work in progress...   Some work in progress... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some work in progress...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2